NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zion Williamson 2019-2020 Outlook

53 minutes ago, StarFish said:

What you think is it better to save his body, cuz maybe he has overwhelming desire to show what he can do and he got hot, or to sub him and than have him for ROS and for the next one?

I don't ask for speedy answer, take your time, look in crystal ball, ask some psychic, no rush..

p.s. And then, just maybe Gentry doesn't have him in his fantasy team and he don't give a ffffff... 

Hes stupid get over it. He was legit mad that zion kept making wide open set shot 3s. Its not like zion was driving every play to the basket twisting and twitling his body getting contact. He literally was shooting wide open set shot 3s and all you see is gentry getting pissed off because he couldnt take him out. He called a time out in fear he would hit another barely defense open 3. Now stop being over dramatic with your response to me calling him stupid. I dont even own zion so i could care less about him having him on his fantasy team or not. Grow up and stop drinking the kool aid kid. Sorry not sorry i offended your precious coach 

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zion after WEEKS of no practice in New Orleans

Zion every other game:

in a few months you finna look like your avatar

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Hes stupid get over it. He was legit mad that zion kept making wide open set shot 3s. Its not like zion was driving every play to the basket twisting and twitling his body getting contact. He literally was shooting wide open set shot 3s and all you see is gentry getting pissed off because he couldnt take him out. He called a time out in fear he would hit another barely defense open 3. Now stop being over dramatic with your response to me calling him stupid. I dont even own zion so i could care less about him having him on his fantasy team or not. Grow up and stop drinking the kool aid kid. Sorry not sorry i offended your precious coach 

wrNDsa0.gif

My coach?
my precious coach?

Dude, Z played 1st game after tough knee injury. Again take your time and think, critically. No rush. Breathing is important.
One and 1st game vs Rest Of Season/Career (pessimistic scenario, due to weight knees etc)

It's not about Gentry, it's about COACH making sane decision vs random people playing freakin fantasy and wanting "their" player to perform..

Edited by StarFish
13 minutes ago, StarFish said:

My coach?
my precious coach?

Dude, Z played 1st game after tough knee injury. Again take your time and think, critically. No rush. Breathing is important.
One and 1st game vs Rest Of Season/Career (pessimistic scenario, due to weight knees etc)

It's not about Gentry, it's about COACH making sane decision vs random people playing freakin fantasy and wanting "their" player to perform..

You really feel like Gentry would've been risking Zion's entire career by leaving him in for a couple more minutes?

You're being condescending as hell about if a coach is dumb or not for playing a guy 18 minutes vs 20-21 minutes in his debut. Think about that, critically.

7 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

You really feel like Gentry would've been risking Zion's entire career by leaving him in for a couple more minutes?

You're being condescending as hell about if a coach is dumb or not for playing a guy 18 minutes vs 20-21 minutes in his debut. Think about that, critically.

lmfao youre asking a bunch of adolescents to think critically. good luck

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

Dude hypothetically!! Far fetched scenario sure, but that's not the point.

It's not his decision it's only logical decision for any coach. 1 game.. is it gonna change anything? win them PO spot? More hype? 

What would extra 6min do for him or Pels?

I don’t think people understand minutes limit. It usually involves the coaches, the doctors and higher ups (if it involves a franchise player). If the doctor sets a minutes limit coming back from major surgery, and you go over that just to win a game, yes the next meeting you going to have will be a tough one.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, StarFish said:

It's not his decision it's only logical decision for any coach. 1 game.. is it gonna change anything? win them PO spot? More hype? 

Extra 3 min could’ve won them the game, and yes they believe they can push for a playoff spot.

I know that they did not bailed on PO. Just that wasn't the quest

1 game and we're on 54% of the season.

Cool, if this game eventually is the one that decide their PO spot, I'm gonna think of you real hard, and I will say to myself damn Zion should've played.

31 minutes ago, StarFish said:

That's my point. A couple minutes either way don't matter. If someone thinks that means a coach is dumb, that's fine, it's not a big deal. It seemed like you we're genuinely upset about someone thinking Gentry is stupid. If you're going to be condescending at least do it on a subject that matters.

35 minutes ago, StarFish said:

True.. But it doesn't hurt to try. It's only 0 and 1 s
With enough effort maybe they'll evolve.. at least some

He was quoting me buddy, aka referring to you.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Wtf did I just read for the past 2 pages? Sheesh. 

u were reading that people get salty and angry cus 1st pick who hasn't played half of the season due to serious injury, haven't played 24 instd 18 min. 

Because of freakin fantasy :) 

On 1/23/2020 at 4:06 PM, StarFish said:

What you think is it better to save his body, cuz maybe he has overwhelming desire to show what he can do and he got hot, or to sub him and than have him for ROS and for the next one?

I don't ask for speedy answer, take your time, look in crystal ball, ask some psychic, no rush..

p.s. And then, just maybe Gentry doesn't have him in his fantasy team and he don't give a ffffff... 

The pels are a playoff caliber team already, and their record is catching up to it. Sitting him would be idiotic unless he wasn't healthy. Player development is crucial, even for upcoming stars. He's not gonna avg 30 a game next by sitting out, it will delay his talent growth.

Playing him unhealthy is a different story, but he's good to go. 

In response to gentry being called stupid... he is, for coaching standards. He's had a talented team for years and loses non stop. He's a horrible coach and does not deserve the recognition he gets. How the hell does a team with AD Holiday Randle Cousins Lonzo Ingram Rondo get the 1st pick in the draft with one of the worst records in the NBA last year? The answer is terrible coaching. 

Him following the minutes limit isn't why he's a bad coach, his record with talented rosters is. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Like 1
22 hours ago, StarFish said:

I know that they did not bailed on PO. Just that wasn't the quest

1 game and we're on 54% of the season.

Cool, if this game eventually is the one that decide their PO spot, I'm gonna think of you real hard, and I will say to myself damn Zion should've played.

Why? Who gives a **** about this season? It'd be nice to make the playoffs, but they're not ready to contend yet. More important to make sure Zion is healthy

• Like 1
21 hours ago, StarFish said:

u were reading that people get salty and angry cus 1st pick who hasn't played half of the season due to serious injury, haven't played 24 instd 18 min. 

Because of freakin fantasy :) 

Do they know he just came back from an injury? Ah who am I kidding. The answer is obvious.

• Like 1

So, this FT% problem is gonna be a real thing, eh?

I typically try to avoid punting FTs (my other bigs are Jokic, Collins and Bryant), but this guy’s going to make it hard not to punt.

I’m hoping he can lift it to 65-70%. Anyone know what his FT% in college was?

2 minutes ago, Apollo_87 said:

So, this FT% problem is gonna be a real thing, eh?

I typically try to avoid punting FTs (my other bigs are Jokic, Collins and Bryant), but this guy’s going to make it hard not to punt.

I’m hoping he can lift it to 65-70%. Anyone know what his FT% in college was?

64%

yeh lets hope its all just apart of getting used to playing regular nba games and hell settle in with his FT. he def won't want to show it as a massive weakness because hell just start purposely getting hacked before he can even get the layups and it'll be a lot of pain for us owners