NBC Sports Edge Forums

Bobby Bradley 2019 Outlook

Seriously?  Nick Goody of all people isn't going to give Bradley his number?  Ok, doesn't mean a whole lot, but would have been cool to have another slugger with the number 44 come up in the same month.

Hopefully he starts off good.  I can see him moving up to the cleanup spot soon enough if he does.

Reminding myself to stay patient with him... don't wanna let him go too soon, a la George Springer when he struggled when he first got called up in '14 just to see him start mashing once we drop him!

6 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Reminding myself to stay patient with him... don't wanna let him go too soon, a la George Springer when he struggled when he first got called up in '14 just to see him start mashing once we drop him!

Same here

6 minutes ago, B&F said:

I would give him two weeks to show some sign of life.  

Sounds about right.  Whether you play him or not is one thing, but I wouldn't cut him yet.  The K's have already proven to be an issue, but if he does even hit a HR in his first two weeks, then I'd be pretty concerned.  He should have a fairly long leash with the Indians as well.

5 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

You Guys still holding until the next series?

I'm out after today's awful performance.  If you can't do anything in Baltimore against their pitching staff, then that really kills my enthusiasm for you.  Granted Means pitched the first game and he's been surprisingly good this season, it's appearing his profile just isn't working so far in the majors.  Not saying he won't be an Olson-type hitter someday, but it's been pretty ugly so far aside from his first two games.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

I'm out after today's awful performance.  If you can't do anything in Baltimore against their pitching staff, then that really kills my enthusiasm for you.  Granted Means pitched the first game and he's been surprisingly good this season, it's appearing his profile just isn't working so far in the majors.  Not saying he won't be an Olson-type hitter someday, but it's been pretty ugly so far aside from his first two games.

Sad to say I might be out too. I do think think he will eventually develop into Matt Olson 2.1. I guess the time is not at the present.

Just now, The_Real_Deal said:

Sad to say I might be out too. I do think think he will eventually develop into Matt Olson 2.1. I guess the time is not at the present.

It was worth a shot to try to catch another lightning in a bottle kind of situation, but you have to at least hit when you aren't striking out.  Basically what Austin Riley is doing.  Bradley obviously isn't doing that.

Not saying everybody should bail.  If you have the ability to stash him on your bench for a little while, I don't see anything wrong with that, but for people like me that don't have that luxury, I see no harm in jumping ship.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Pretty arbitrary line considering the entire team scored 2 runs in 3 games against them.  If they had been putting up 13 runs a game like the Orioles were the first two games, I'd be annoyed as well.

I don't think he has been good, I'm still holding, but definitely a strange straw to break the camel's back.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1