NBC Sports Edge Forums

Free Agent Adds and Drops? WHIR 100%

My current team in a redraft points league

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Altuve SS: Fernando Tatis Jr. 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Josh Donaldson MINF: (Empty)

OF: Hoskins, Yordan Alvarez, Meadows, Judge, Soto UTIL: Eloy Jimenez

SP: Verlander, Snell, Gerrit Cole, Nola, James Paxton, Flaherty, German Marquez, Canning, Gallen, Lucchesi

BN: Nelson Cruz DL: Scooter Gennett, Glasnow, Story

Right now on my roster I have a couple question marks on my roster-mainly the back of my rotation and what to do with Nelson Cruz.

I am thinking of swapping out Lucchesi with one of the following pitchers: Gibson, Eflin, Skaggs or Stripling in a league where IPs and wins are highly valued.

As for Cruz, he is not cracking my starting lineup most of the time and has been killing me with a career-high K rate (and can only be played at utility of which we only have one slot) so I have been thinking of moving him for a similar power option with similarly great contact numbers and Xstats who can play a position like Matt Olson or CJ Cron (and just leave middle infielder empty until Scooter returns). Would feel weird to let go of Cruz but I am thinking it may be the best option for my team and think Cron and Olson could easily post similar numbers ROS

Thoughts? WHIR

Edited by mocha4313

I would probably drop Lucchesi for Eflin who's been solid. I understand in your league set up Cruz sounds painful, I'd try to trade him in some sort of package and hope his name value and having still hit for good power last few years might allow you to make some sort of deal rather than drop outright. 

• Thanks 1

I'd look for a trade before dropping either. Just think that even if it's an overpay that your thought was to drop them for someone else. So does the return for them outweigh the return from free agency.

There's always the 2 for 1 too, which could net you a better player than straight up, which you can then still add one of those FA guys 

• Thanks 1

Totallly drop Lucchesi for Eflin. He’s getting more wins and more innings. Plays for a better team. And yea frustrating about Nelly. I would not drop for Olson. Cron is closer but would prefer a trade first to see if I can get anything better. Otherwise, I guess it’s fine to go w Cron. 

• Thanks 1

I would try to trade Cruz first, name alone nets you a $12-$15 player

I would add Eflin and drop Joey no doubt about it!!

Good luck dude!!!

• Thanks 1