Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

A.J. Green 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Just a reminder so you don't fall victim to rage. We will be rewarded soon for the wait:

 


the experience of dull disappointment when clicking on that video link and getting a static screen and a legal message informing me that due to ownership I cannot see the video replicates remarkably well the experience of checking the twitter 6 times an hour to see if AJ’s been acquired by another NFL team so he can be wildly successful but instead only finding out repeatedly that there has been absolutely no change in the situation whatsoever.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:


the experience of dull disappointment when clicking on that video link and getting a static screen and a legal message informing me that due to ownership I cannot see the video replicates remarkably well the experience of checking the twitter 6 times an hour to see if AJ’s been acquired by another NFL team so he can be wildly successful but instead only finding out repeatedly that there has been absolutely no change in the situation whatsoever.  

You could’ve saved yourself time and clicked on the link that says “play on YouTube” instead of writing this. Lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blazer said:

I know we all focus week-to-week to get wins, but yes if you drop him some arse in your league will grab him and punk you for 20 points in your playoff loss against him/her. FF is a balance between getting a win this week and longer term goals that have you hold cuffs and injured players. We still need to prepare for the playoffs. As mentioned earlier, AJ has never asked for a trade or said in public he wants out of Cin. Cin has never publicly stated they want to trade him. That said, it's in the interest of both parties that AJ play and excel so that if he stays he has a case for pay, or if he's traded there is a case for Cin to flash a productive WR #1. AJ is not holding out so he will play and Cin will feature him ASAP. Neither side here is disgruntled and fighting against each other.

Most sensible thing I've read thus far

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Blazer said:

I know we all focus week-to-week to get wins, but yes if you drop him some arse in your league will grab him and punk you for 20 points in your playoff loss against him/her. FF is a balance between getting a win this week and longer term goals that have you hold cuffs and injured players. We still need to prepare for the playoffs. As mentioned earlier, AJ has never asked for a trade or said in public he wants out of Cin. Cin has never publicly stated they want to trade him. That said, it's in the interest of both parties that AJ play and excel so that if he stays he has a case for pay, or if he's traded there is a case for Cin to flash a productive WR #1. AJ is not holding out so he will play and Cin will feature him ASAP. Neither side here is disgruntled and fighting against each other.

All fair points, and based on what we know fair assumptions. But we don't KNOW this. AJ could say the ankle's still not quite right because he doesn't want to risk injury before getting paid, and Cincy may say we're gonna pay you so just rest up for next year. The only advantage to playing him this year is if both parties plan on parting at season's end. AJ wants to show he's still got it and the team isn't worried about him getting hurt since they're not gonna have him next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

You could’ve saved yourself time and clicked on the link that says “play on YouTube” instead of writing this. Lol

I think he knew how to make the video work. He was just making an analogy to the situation, which was perfectly accurate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

All fair points, and based on what we know fair assumptions. But we don't KNOW this. AJ could say the ankle's still not quite right because he doesn't want to risk injury before getting paid, and Cincy may say we're gonna pay you so just rest up for next year. The only advantage to playing him this year is if both parties plan on parting at season's end. AJ wants to show he's still got it and the team isn't worried about him getting hurt since they're not gonna have him next year. 


Can’t see any NFL team saying that.   If they’re paying you-  they’ll want you on the field as soon as healthy.    There is no “rest up for next year.”   Lol.    Teams figure if you get hurt-  there’s an entire offseason to recover.  
 

almost no scenario AJ doesn’t play at some point this season— unless contract talks get ugly.   No sign of that either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Just a reminder so you don't fall victim to rage. We will be rewarded soon for the wait:

 

 

His 2019 - 2020 Season Highlight Video is a bit short (obviously the season is only halfway through) but worth a watch as well.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Green has 1,000 yards almost every year he’s been in the league but a team trading for him is going to be like “hmmm. I don’t know about this guy. I think we need to see him play first.”

I don’t buy it.


 

it’s fairly clear from watching practice reps that AJ is nearing a return.   Agree that this injury won’t stop a trade.  unfortunately... there’s few signs Cincy is willing to deal him.  Wr needy teams have likely contacted CIN and been turned away or decided the price is too steep.   

 Hes going to be on the field for the Bungals in week 10 barring some last minute contract power play.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Gotta love how the exact same report comes out for Malcolm Brown and AJ Green being ruled out for the game Sunday and Brown immediately being ruled Out in Yahoo and Green STILL being doubtful. Thanks Yahoo!

Yahoo just feeds off the official injury report. Blame the Bengals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Gotta love how the exact same report comes out for Malcolm Brown and AJ Green being ruled out for the game Sunday and Brown immediately being ruled Out in Yahoo and Green STILL being doubtful. Thanks Yahoo!

He's listed as Out officially now on Yahoo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, 7sof said:

Does anyone know for sure if Green will retain his "Out" designation during next week's bye-week?

He will be "questionable" during bye. Some leagues have IR, but if you do then make any waiver claims prior to Tuesday, so like make the claims on Monday or early morning on Tuesday. Otherwise, when he switches over your roster will lock unless you drop a player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Yahoo allows you guys to put a guy listed as Out in reserves or something? I have to keep him on my bench so if thats the case, stop whining about when you can move him lol

 

THIS!!

get so sick of reading these "ZOMG WHEN WILL MY GUY BE DECLARED OUT SO I CAN IR HIM!!!??!1!1!??" posts ... good lawd, ENOUGH ALREADY!

sack up and play in real leegs where if you wanna spec an injured player it costs you a legit roster spot. 

/rant

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

THIS!!

get so sick of reading these "ZOMG WHEN WILL MY GUY BE DECLARED OUT SO I CAN IR HIM!!!??!1!1!??" posts ... good lawd, ENOUGH ALREADY!

sack up and play in real leegs where if you wanna spec an injured player it costs you a legit roster spot. 

/rant

I cant like, thank you and laugh at your post but this is top notch. #herosdontalwayswearcapes

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

THIS!!

get so sick of reading these "ZOMG WHEN WILL MY GUY BE DECLARED OUT SO I CAN IR HIM!!!??!1!1!??" posts ... good lawd, ENOUGH ALREADY!

sack up and play in real leegs where if you wanna spec an injured player it costs you a legit roster spot. 

/rant

Well, I mean the NFL has IR too. That's not a real league either. 🙄🤣🤨

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...