NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Hooper 2019 Outlook

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Savior. League Winner. Austin Hooper in 2019 is a true testament to those old Heinz Ketchup commercials from the 80's; specifically, their catchphrase. Hooper truly embodies it (An

Should still be started over Julio in TD leagues.

i would think any landing place would be a downgrade from his current situation.  hes the TE1 and any change he would have to endure (new playbook, qb, oc, etc) would be a downturn in value.

Posted Images

Not sure why he isn't getting any love, I thought he had untapped upside to go with a solid weekly floor--esp given the TE landscape, but even I didn't see this level of production coming. It has def been some fortuitous game scripts, but he is on the field 90%+ of the time and he has really gained the trust of Matt Ryan.

9 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not sure why he isn't getting any love, I thought he had untapped upside to go with a solid weekly floor--esp given the TE landscape, but even I didn't see this level of production coming. It has def been some fortuitous game scripts, but he is on the field 90%+ of the time and he has really gained the trust of Matt Ryan.

Agreed.  He was my Hunter Henry replacement... turned out to be an upgrade.  I think the O-Line struggles and lack of success in the running game have led to what looks like a breakout year for Hooper.  Hopefully it continues.

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

This year's George Kittle.

Infinitely better than him this year as well. Hooper looks like he can sustain this production and not be a one-year wonder like kittle

• Like 1

It’s 4 games guys. Cool the hype. Yes he looks good and the new offense and TE coach make things friendlier for him in the offense, but he’s had good matchups and game scripts. 

Im hoping he keeps it up, but don’t be surprised if a string of 2-4 for 30-40 games come. 

Not week 6 tho ;)

• Haha 1
On 10/2/2019 at 2:03 AM, aapox said:

It’s 4 games guys. Cool the hype. Yes he looks good and the new offense and TE coach make things friendlier for him in the offense, but he’s had good matchups and game scripts. 

Im hoping he keeps it up, but don’t be surprised if a string of 2-4 for 30-40 games come. 

Not week 6 tho ;)

He's a top-6 TE for more than a year now; set and forget. Hope you drafted him over overrated scrubs like Howard.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, smash10033 said:

I love this guy.  I forget what round I got him but I remember panicking because it was him and ebron pretty much left.     Everyone else went after kittle, ertz, howard, engram... etc,

Same here. Shoutout to Atlanta's trash defense for keeping him stable.

Savior. League Winner.

Austin Hooper in 2019 is a true testament to those old Heinz Ketchup commercials from the 80's; specifically, their catchphrase. Hooper truly embodies it

spacer.png

giphy.gif

(And yes, that is Joey from that s**tty 90's sitcom "Friends", years before he became, well, Joey from Friends)

It's like this:  last team, or one of the last teams, to draft a TE; waiting to select your guy no sooner than the double digit rounds. Fast forward no more than 1/3 of the way into the season and it's already abundantly clear that said TE's place as being unmistakably elite for his ultra-thin position is already cemented-in.  And from that point forward it's rinse, wash, repeat - week after week - ROS from there.  Last year that guy was Kittle, and to a lesser extent, Ebron.  This year it's Hooper; to a lesser extent, Waller.

So in honor of the man who's name it is that graces the subject line of this thread, and for anyone who's currently riding the train that this man is conducting, I ask that you please raise your glasses with me; for I would like to propose a toast.

To the true visionaries amongst us.

For those of us who were so bold as to venture down the Heinz Ketchup path to success; waiting until the wee hours before Austin Hooper as their TE.

Whether planned or simply stumbled upon by the chips fortuitously falling where they fell, the difference is of no matter.

Because any way you shake it...

No matter how long it takes you to shake it...

There is one thing we can all attest to.  

The best things come to those who wait.

Cheers gentleman! 

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
On 8/30/2019 at 5:39 PM, DeliciousGravy said:

Atlanta's D sucked hard last year and they threw a ton (Ryan had 608 (!) pass attempts). Julio is still getting his. Ditto Ridley. Some for the RB's. Sanu and Hooper will be 4th option. I reckon your best bet for TE streaming is finding the 2018 Falcons: competent QB, horrid defense, throws a lot, 6-8 catches a game.

So look I've given this a lot of thought and the closest I have found to the 2018 Falcons is the 2019 Falcons. Ride the Hooper train to the destination.

Here’s a funny story, drafted this guy by accident, an autopick in fact even after I had already drafted Howard so dont know why he was autopicked when i didnt have anyone in my queue, usually they would have autopicked a position player that was empty but i guess Hooper was the next best available player so i got lucky! I was upset at the time but after some thought i ended up keeping him, dont know how i would have felt if i had dropped him right after my draft lol

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, FANattic86 said:

Here’s a funny story, drafted this guy by accident, an autopick in fact even after I had already drafted Howard so dont know why he was autopicked when i didnt have anyone in my queue, usually they would have autopicked a position player that was empty but i guess Hooper was the next best available player so i got lucky! I was upset at the time but after some thought i ended up keeping him, dont know how i would have felt if i had dropped him right after my draft lol

That’s awesome! I was bummed to miss out on the Engram tier that all went in the 5th. Funny how things work out. 

3 hours ago, aapox said:

That’s awesome! I was bummed to miss out on the Engram tier that all went in the 5th. Funny how things work out. 

Yes it’s a very unpredictable game, even Waller and Andrews went undrafted and I didn’t want to roster 4 TE’s, it was painful to watch them go unclaimed until after the first week! sigh could have traded them all for someone good, oh well still have Hooper!

On 10/2/2019 at 2:03 AM, aapox said:

Not week 6 tho ;)

Sounds like a Kittle owner to me

Game script has benefited Freeman, not Hooper. Hooper actually is getting designed plays, not just dinks and dunks. Watched all games and he's most involved with Julio in this offense. That's why Ridley is suffering statistically. Then add in his chain-moving safety blanket in Sanu. Hooper has had pretty decent games and only in the two-minute offense racked up more points because the defense would only give the underneath stuff. Even if it is game script, the Falcons suck and this is going to be the script all year. So, Hooper will have a career year, regardless, and may end up being the best TE this season.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Game script has benefited Freeman, not Hooper. Hooper actually is getting designed plays, not just dinks and dunks. Watched all games and he's most involved with Julio in this offense. That's why Ridley is suffering statistically. Then add in his chain-moving safety blanket in Sanu. Hooper has had pretty decent games and only in the two-minute offense racked up more points because the defense would only give the underneath stuff. Even if it is game script, the Falcons suck and this is going to be the script all year. So, Hooper will have a career year, regardless, and may end up being the best TE this season.

I've noticed the design plays as well. I think the first 2 weeks on each opening drive for both games the first play were strictly for Hooper. I agree with everything you said as well. I'm loving it