NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Austin Hooper 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Awesome. Super excited to now have to drop a Curtis Samuel or a Dede Westbrook or some sh*t, just so I can pick up a "tight end" who stands maybe a puncher's chance to sh*t out the 0.8 to 1.5 points that it'll allow for me to now squeeze from the position, as opposed to the 0.0 I'd otherwise be set to receive with an inactive Austin Hooper in the lineup. Perfect timing too. Cause it's not like these next few weeks are critical for playoff positioning or anything like that.

And it's not like there's this whole playoffs thing that takes place shortly after that, where - if you can manage to make it - one of those Curtis Samuel's or Dede Westrbrook's would have prospectively come in handy to have on your team, as opposed to, say, some other team, that surely neither of which will, by then, have been scooped up by some said other team during the time in which you were forced to roster and start (insert name of sh*t-stain Chicago Bears tight end here ________) and the robust 0.8 to 1.5 points he was diarrhea-ing out for you in each and every one of the 2 to 4 weeks you were enforced to endure it. 

Yep, totally stoked for this. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Awesome. Super excited to now have to drop a Curtis Samuel or a Dede Westbrook or some sh*t, just so I can pick up a "tight end" who stands maybe a puncher's chance to sh*t out the 0.8 to 1.5 points that it'll allow for me to now squeeze from the position, as opposed to the 0.0 I'd otherwise be set to receive with an inactive Austin Hooper in the lineup. Perfect timing too. Cause it's not like these next few weeks are critical for playoff positioning or anything like that.

And it's not like there's this whole playoffs thing that takes place shortly after that, where - if you can manage to make it - one of those Curtis Samuel's or Dede Westrbrook's would have prospectively come in handy to have on your team, as opposed to, say, some other team, that surely neither of which will, by then, have been scooped up by some said other team during the time in which you were forced to roster and start (insert name of sh*t-stain Chicago Bears tight end here ________) and the robust 0.8 to 1.5 points he was diarrhea-ing out for you in each and every one of the 2 to 4 weeks you were enforced to endure it. 

Yep, totally stoked for this. 

giphy.gif

I think situations like yours is why they invented the trade.

11 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

Yeah but this late in the season it's common for the trade deadline to be passed. This is a very bad situation for owners, based on how he's played this year it's an irreplaceable injury. I just want Yahoo to give him INJ so I don't have to drop anyone.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

It’s not like many owners (if any) have an extra solid TE1 to trade away. Trading for a good TE is one of the hardest things to do if you can’t give a solid starter back in return. Everyone understands the scarcity of the position.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

It’s not like many owners (if any) have an extra solid TE1 to trade away. Trading for a good TE is one of the hardest things to do if you can’t give a solid starter back in return. Everyone understands the scarcity of the position.

Exactly. Trust me, if that were an option, I'd totally be all for it. Would love to be able to trade for a tight end. But it's simply just not feasible. 

Cause for someone to do that -- swing me a worthwhile / playable tight end at this juncture of the season, when that team is only rostering one such tight end themselves -- not only would that team be relieving a competitor from this highly undesirable problem; but, simultaneous to that, it would also mean that person would be making a conscious decision to be willfully taking on the burden of having this major predicament for themselves. 

And a reality such as the one I just described...frankly, it is a reality that does not exist.

35 minutes ago, Chest-Rockwell said:

Exactly. Trust me, if that were an option, I'd totally be all for it. Would love to be able to trade for a tight end. But it's simply just not feasible. 

Cause for someone to do that -- swing me a worthwhile / playable tight end at this juncture of the season, when that team is only rostering one such tight end themselves -- not only would that team be relieving a competitor from this highly undesirable problem; but, simultaneous to that, it would also mean that person would be making a conscious decision to be willfully taking on the burden of having this major predicament for themselves. 

And a reality such as the one I just described...frankly, it is a reality that does not exist.

And to add to my post in which I have quoted above... 

The real kick in the nuts (and I'm talking about a real sincere, very severe kick to the dick here) is that I had been rostering Darren Waller in addition to Austin Hooper all season long, literally since day one, only to have finally just "cashed-in" on dealing Waller on the eve of this past weekend's set of games.

A true, genuine, unequivocal, bonafide Patrick Swayze/Jean Claude Van Damme style, roundhouse kick to the dick, indeed: no if's, and's, or but's about it. There is simply no other way to describe it.

Me 5 days ago:  TE - Austin Hooper / Darren Waller

Me Today: TE - Adam Shaheen ?

Yeah.

Edited by Chest-Rockwell
  • Haha 2

Puts him back Week 15, maybe. Seems like people may be holding on for nothing. And if I were him, he's proven he's worthy of a big contract, so is it really worth risking more damage in a lost season when he is going into free agency?

giphy.gif

Edited by FitzMagic

1 minute ago, sjuhawks said:

What is taking ESPN so long to designate him IR eligible? Give the man the “out” tag  please. 

They won't do it until the team officially rules him "out" for Sunday, which will either be today (first practice/injury report) or Friday (last injury report before Sunday). Most likely will be today given the severity of the injury.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Glad ESPN still has him as questionable and Freeman doubtful so i cant move either to IR

4 minutes ago, sjuhawks said:

What is taking ESPN so long to designate him IR eligible? Give the man the “out” tag  please. 

That's what you get for using either ESPN or Yahoo