NBC Sports Edge Forums

Austin Hooper 2019 Outlook

i would say an extremely long shot....

by RotoWire Staff
(5 hrs ago) Coach Dan Quinn called Hooper (knee) a "long shot" to play Sunday at Carolina, Will McFadden of the Falcons' official site reports.

Hooper emerged from the Week 10 win at New Orleans with a sprained MCL, but his timetable for a return remains undetermined. On Wednesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported Hooper is expected to be out approximately one month. When informed of Rapoport's report, Quinn refuted it, stating "sometimes with injuries [the recovery] can be faster, so you don't want to pigeonhole a player into a [timeline to return]." Considering the nature of his injury, Hooper seems unlikely to practice this week, but his status bears watching until he's officially ruled out for game action.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Savior. League Winner. Austin Hooper in 2019 is a true testament to those old Heinz Ketchup commercials from the 80's; specifically, their catchphrase. Hooper truly embodies it (An

Should still be started over Julio in TD leagues.

i would think any landing place would be a downgrade from his current situation.  hes the TE1 and any change he would have to endure (new playbook, qb, oc, etc) would be a downturn in value.

Posted Images

^^ that’s ridiculous. Ian rapaport is a joke. Bogus claim after bogus claim. So he could be out for just a week or two? Thank god I haven’t dropped this guy yet. He is the number one fantasy tight end and has been my second most reliable player.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, blue42 said:

^^ that’s ridiculous. Ian rapaport is a joke. Bogus claim after bogus claim. So he could be out for just a week or two? Thank god I haven’t dropped this guy yet. He is the number one fantasy tight end and has been my second most reliable player.

i think it is more quinn being a joke and rapaport.  he never had a shot to play this week and will probably be out at least 3 weeks if not a full month....

On 11/13/2019 at 9:44 PM, blue42 said:

I think that's more coach speak than anything else.  He did sprain his MCL, more than likely he'll be out a month but maybe he comes back a week earlier.  Not defending Rapaport though, he's kind of scummy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

I think that's more coach speak than anything else.  He did sprain his MCL, more than likely he'll be out a month but maybe he comes back a week earlier.  Not defending Rapaport though, he's kind of scummy.

It really sucks, but near must-hold, imo.

9 hours ago, bigslick631 said:

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/473/austin-hooper

Sooo. WTF? Reports are he can be out 'about a month' but coach is saying he has a chance to suit up?!?!?

Rapaport is always bad when it comes to reliability of report. Dude is a Schefter wannabe! Engram only missed a week or two with the same injury (granted all sprains are different) but when he came back he didn’t look the same. Part of me is hoping hooper can make it back this week, but part of me hopes he just takes his time so he stays on the field and produces. Worth keeping an eye on the next couple days of practice. 

3 hours ago, aapox said:

Rapaport is always bad when it comes to reliability of report. Dude is a Schefter wannabe! Engram only missed a week or two with the same injury (granted all sprains are different) but when he came back he didn’t look the same. Part of me is hoping hooper can make it back this week, but part of me hopes he just takes his time so he stays on the field and produces. Worth keeping an eye on the next couple days of practice. 

Doubt hes back this soon. Quinn kept saying he had a shot last week too lol just coach speak. I don't like Rappaport either but still think Hooper misses at least 2 more games

11 minutes ago, Neauxls said:

What's the worst case scenario here? Week 13-14 return? Is there any chance he doesn't play again this season? I can't figure out why the hell he was dropped in my league but I grabbed him to block anyone from using him against me in the playoffs.

Definitely if he's out all the year. I am hoping he will be back for the fantasy playoffs and am planning accordingly. The last thing I want to do is drop him and have someone pick him up and use him against me. 

49 minutes ago, FFdisciple said:

and from Roto reports the Falcons have ruled him out.  What is the issue here?

Because they haven't officially ruled him out yet.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/injury-report/week/REG-12

http://www.nfl.com/injuries

That roto report was from an ESPN reporter covering the Falcons, not from the team.

Edited by esprits4s
3 minutes ago, herschel said:

Short week.  We think there’s any chance he has a shot at returning for Thursday night?

Man I hope so. I think this was always the target for him...but it might not make sense for him to push it when he could catch an additional 11 days of healing--esp with nothing left for team to play for and his FA payday also on the line (in a way)?

50 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Man I hope so. I think this was always the target for him...but it might not make sense for him to push it when he could catch an additional 11 days of healing--esp with nothing left for team to play for and his FA payday also on the line (in a way)?

This is what I'm thinking. That loss really hurt our chances of getting him back with any sense of urgency. I don't think he'll play and even if he does, it's a risky play.