Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, SuperHans said:


i agree. That’s why i did the trade. But sometimes safety in production is fine in fantasy basketball. Murray could shoot 46% and 20 5 5 and crack top 50 easy. 
 

Mitch rob could do absolutely nothing... it happens. I’m just saying I’m nervous on my decision. I don’t know if I’m getting jarret Allen or the next Gobert. Mitch rob has risk... but I’m not looking to unload my Mitch rob for less. I’m hoping he’s the next Gobert. That’s why I have stock in him. 

whered you get 46% from, gusy shot 45% as a best for his career lol and has gotten worse year over year you make it sound like its easy for a guard to improve their efficiency. I would make the statement that hes probably maxed out on his potential for fantasy. 

I think you need to redefine what "nothing" means. mitch rob will absolutely do EVERYTHING he needs to, and he doesnt need the BALL to do it so I have no idea wtf youre talking about. lol jarrett allen is one of the up and coming centers in the league and gobert is established. I would say thats great company... Dud... gtfo here man. blocks instnatly makes him valuable. god damn noob gms. 

To put it in perspective, with 2+ blocks a game.... hes not gonna rank anywhere close to being a DUD. lol 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fizdale: RJ is 19 years old, bashes load management, plays him 40+ minutes Also Fizdale: plays Mitch 20 minutes Shoutout to Josh Lloyd eviscerating Fizdale in yesterday's podcast. 

This thread:  Poster A:   Poster B:   Poster C: 

I don’t think you know what downside means, if you’re going to post like that.  Or you’re being deliberately obtuse.  For every player there is a range of possibilities, downside representing the lowe

Posted Images

I agree that MitchRob has more upside than Murray.  Any big who has the potential for 60% FG, sub 1 TO, and 3+ stocks has massive upside.  Whereas, points and threes are the most abundant stats, and Murray really isn’t much better than LouWill.  There are many guards like that but only half a dozens bigs who can realistically get 3 stocks.  That said, it’s not MitchRob’s upside that I’m worried about it.  It’s the potential that he fails to achieve his upside that i would be concerned about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I agree that MitchRob has more upside than Murray.  Any big who has the potential for 60% FG, sub 1 TO, and 3+ stocks has massive upside.  Whereas, points and threes are the most abundant stats, and Murray really isn’t much better than LouWill.  There are many guards like that but only half a dozens bigs who can realistically get 3 stocks.  That said, it’s not MitchRob’s upside that I’m worried about it.  It’s the potential that he fails to achieve his upside that i would be concerned about.  

thats silly. very very silly. after 1 DNP/SIT we've assessed he's a dud and won't reach upside? lol wtf is this. and so you're esentially saying there still is a potential for him to REACH his upside... which atm is very early in that process... to put it in perspective, I would be more worried about having ZION or AD with injury concerns as a first pick lol. yall clearly overreacting. 

And here we have someone else trying to argue Jamal Murray is better than Mitchell and will Eclipse top 50 LOL what a joke. 

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I agree that MitchRob has more upside than Murray.  Any big who has the potential for 60% FG, sub 1 TO, and 3+ stocks has massive upside.  Whereas, points and threes are the most abundant stats, and Murray really isn’t much better than LouWill.  There are many guards like that but only half a dozens bigs who can realistically get 3 stocks.  That said, it’s not MitchRob’s upside that I’m worried about it.  It’s the potential that he fails to achieve his upside that i would be concerned about.  

 

8 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats silly. very very silly. after 1 DNP/SIT we've assessed he's a dud and won't reach upside? lol wtf is this. 

 

Not my argument but don't twist words man, that comment clearly doesn't say he's assessed Mitchell's definitely a dud and will not reach his upside.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

whered you get 46% from, gusy shot 45% as a best for his career lol and has gotten worse year over year you make it sound like its easy for a guard to improve their efficiency. I would make the statement that hes probably maxed out on his potential for fantasy. 

I think you need to redefine what "nothing" means. mitch rob will absolutely do EVERYTHING he needs to, and he doesnt need the BALL to do it so I have no idea wtf youre talking about. lol jarrett allen is one of the up and coming centers in the league and gobert is established. I would say thats great company... Dud... gtfo here man. blocks instnatly makes him valuable. god damn noob gms. 

To put it in perspective, with 2+ blocks a game.... hes not gonna rank anywhere close to being a DUD. lol 


Salty. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats silly. very very silly. after 1 DNP/SIT we've assessed he's a dud and won't reach upside? lol wtf is this. and so you're esentially saying there still is a potential for him to REACH his upside... which atm is very early in that process... to put it in perspective, I would be more worried about having ZION or AD with injury concerns as a first pick lol. yall clearly overreacting. 

And here we have someone else trying to argue Jamal Murray is better than Mitchell and will Eclipse top 50 LOL what a joke. 


Im not saying Jamal Murray better. I’m saying guys ranked around 40-60 can outproduce Mitch Rob. I traded Murray for Mitch Rob.... read the entire post. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

 

 

Not my argument but don't twist words man, that comment clearly doesn't say he's assessed Mitchell's definitely a dud and will not reach his upside.

then why are we worried about him reaching his potential lol... clearly he has suggested that the tweet and the sit have made him nervous about him reaching his potential... the whole last few pages have assessed him as a dud based on him being benched lol. he was a bench player last year. and you say its not your argument yet you chime in with basically no useful discussion on mitchell. cool 

even if you were worried, the 1st game of his SOPHMORE season hasn't even been played and you're worried wtf are thinking? now is not the time to be worried lol

 

7 minutes ago, SuperHans said:


Salty. 

noob trying to suggest jamal murray is even remotely close to mitchell lol gtfo

so you're comparing the ceilings of 40-60 players with the floor of mitchell and you want to say thats a valid argument? PLEASE understand what you are saying. of course they can outproduce him, anything can happen on any given day, talk to me at the end of the season when mithc finishes top 40. and murray is probably in the 80s

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

then why are we worried about him reaching his potential lol... clearly he has suggested that the tweet and the sit have made him nervous about him reaching his potential... the whole last few pages have assessed him as a dud based on him being benched lol. he was a bench player last year. and you say its not your argument yet you chime in with basically no useful discussion on mitchell. cool

 

noob trying to suggest jamal murray is even remotely close to mitchell lol gtfo

so you're comparing the ceilings of 40-60 players with the floor of mitchell and you want to say thats a valid argument? PLEASE understand what you are saying. 


Once again I own Mitch Rob stock and i hope he’s a beast. Just saying some risk involved as stated in this forum. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SuperHans said:


Once again I own Mitch Rob stock and i hope he’s a beast. Just saying some risk involved as stated in this forum. 

did you know the sky is blue and the grass is green too? lol

theres risk with drafting even the best of iron mans.... its called injuries lol

Just so you know, the same ppl writing him off on one tweet are the same ppl who think pj washington is about to be a goat lol

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

I just said i traded for him lol? i didn't draft him. I traded turner + WCJ for whiteside and mitchell. so yes I sort of used my top 4 picks in trading turner, but I also got some value from whiteside out of WCJ. I think I am fine with it.  and mitchell provides exactly what i need in stats. blocks will be there regardless of minutes lol youre kidding yourself if you think hes gonna do worse than last year. 

I also think you guys are reading into the rotoworld blurb a bit much. I don't think he meant for the season, I think he meant for the game since he was coming off injury. seems like an overreaction to me so far. he also does have a dislocated finger atm.

I said Capela, not harden. wtf are you on about. 

So you traded Turner (no 1 in blocks last year and top 10 in blocks year before) for Mitch who plays for Fiz and Knicks who signed Randle, Taj and Portis? You can try and spin it in any way you want (only 1 game, injury, 2nd coming of prime Olajuwoon...), it doesn't hide the fact that it was terrible, terrible trade

I will ignore your comments about Mitch and show myself out

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So you traded Turner (no 1 in blocks last year and top 10 in blocks year before) for Mitch who plays for Fiz and Knicks who signed Randle, Taj and Portis? You can try and spin it in any way you want (only 1 game, injury, 2nd coming of prime Olajuwoon...), it doesn't hide the fact that it was terrible, terrible trade

I will ignore your comments about Mitch and show myself out

but i got whiteside for WCJ. i know i lost out on value on turner on paper, sure lets leave out the fact that sabonis is sitting next to turner now too (******** selective arguments, try looking at the whole picture) u dont know my team or my positional needs and the fact that you made a judgement on the trade and considered it a terrible trade, i will ignore you and your comments. please show yourself out foh trying to talk s--- about a bad trade when u dont know squat

please ignore the fact that even in my comment i said it was WCJ+turner for Mitchell and whiteside. yes ignore the other HALF of the trade because its not important. #fritatta

you woudl also be foolish if you didn't have some inclination of a minute increase for mitchell before the season began.

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

thats silly. very very silly. after 1 DNP/SIT we've assessed he's a dud and won't reach upside? lol wtf is this. and so you're esentially saying there still is a potential for him to REACH his upside... which atm is very early in that process... to put it in perspective, I would be more worried about having ZION or AD with injury concerns as a first pick lol. yall clearly overreacting. 

And here we have someone else trying to argue Jamal Murray is better than Mitchell and will Eclipse top 50 LOL what a joke. 

I’m not going to keep going around in circles as you fight against windmills man.  I was maybe the one person willing to concede that MitchRob has that upside.  Then I expressed doubt about him reaching that upside.  Not for missing one game, which didn’t factor into my comment at all, but the other things we’ve already gone in circles about: 5 bigs in New York, s---y coach, other injuries in the preseason, propensity to foul.  I didn’t make a statement either way bc we don’t really know, I merely expressed doubts.  I don’t know how you can claim to know either.  

 

You alienated the one person who might be willing to be objective enough to wait for further evidence.  👍 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I’m not going to keep going around in circles as you fight against windmills man.  I was maybe the one person willing to concede that MitchRob has that upside.  Then I expressed doubt about him reaching that upside.  Not for missing one game, which didn’t factor into my comment at all, but the other things we’ve already gone in circles about: 5 bigs in New York, s---y coach, other injuries in the preseason, propensity to foul.  I didn’t make a statement either way bc we don’t really know, I merely expressed doubts.  I don’t know how you can claim to know either.  

 

You alienated the one person who might be willing to be objective enough to wait for further evidence.  👍 

this discussion is about mitch rob lol, who the hell do i care who i alienate? his numbers will be his numbers, i don't need yall to believe me, just trying to show yall that youre overreacting and your arguments are off base.

I don't claim to know, i never once did, but I can base it off his rookie #s which are FAR exceeding a dud. but hey at least you realize you're the only objective one besides me in this thread

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

this discussion is about mitch rob lol, who the hell do i care who i alienate? his numbers will be his numbers, i don't need yall to believe me, just trying to show yall that youre overreacting and your arguments are off base.

No one is overreacting because as I’ve stated 8 times now this has nothing to do with anything recent.  As you can tell if you go back to page one of the threat, I believe he has that potential but there’s a lot of risk involved. 

 

You seem to be focused solely on his upside and are dogmatically focused on that.  The problem is that most acknowledge his upside but they’re coming to terms with the risk as well. You’re so obscenely focused on proving the value of your own trade that you’ve lost all objectivity. And then you’ve resorted to ad hominem for myself and others.  In doing so you completely ignore the risk. 

 

Then if anyone even so mentions the risk you just scream: stop overreacting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

No one is overreacting because as I’ve stated 8 times now this has nothing to do with anything recent.  As you can tell if you go back to page one of the threat, I believe he has that potential but there’s a lot of risk involved. 

 

You seem to be focused solely on his upside and are dogmatically focused on that.  The problem is that most acknowledge his upside but they’re coming to terms with the risk as well. You’re so obscenely focused on proving the value of your own trade that you’ve lost all objectivity. And then you’ve resorted to ad hominem for myself and others.  In doing so you completely ignore the risk. 

 

Then if anyone even so mentions the risk you just scream: stop overreacting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one is overreacting? gtfo lol this "sit" from fiz isn't warranting like 5 pages of discussion. 

lol because no s---, nothings happened not even 1 game... are you suggesting it isnt an overreaction? please tell me ppl aren't overreacting when LITERALLY nothing but a tweet happened

ignore the risk? i just said theres risk with everyone you pick. this is not new. I've already acknowledged the risk. I am simply trying to say that even if we get his rookie #s, we will be fine. I think you are focusing on how someone just chose to pinpoint HALF of my trade and talk s--- about it. when the other half is clearly just as important. I was not trying to "prove" it at all. in my mind I won that trade at the time I made it

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

no one is overreacting? gtfo lol this "sit" from fiz isn't warranting like 5 pages of discussion. 

lol because no s---, nothings happened not even 1 game... are you suggesting it isnt an overreaction? please tell me ppl aren't overreacting when LITERALLY nothing but a tweet happened

ignore the risk? i just said theres risk with everyone you pick. this is not new. I've already acknowledged the risk. I am simply trying to say that even if we get his rookie #s, we will be fine. I have not once tried to prove my worth of the trade, someone just chose to pinpoint HALF of my trade and talk s--- about it. when the other half is clearly just as important. 

People aren’t overacting because they’re merely maintaining the same concerns they had in the offseason.  You’re the one overreacting because you’re shouting at the absolute top of your lungs DONT OVERREACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He doth protests too much methinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StifleTower2 said:

People aren’t overacting because they’re merely maintaining the same concerns they had in the offseason.  You’re the one overreacting because you’re shouting at the absolute top of your lungs DONT OVERREACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!   He doth protests too much methinks.

well if you have kept up to date with news, we've had more protests than ever it seems lol

so if you're scared preseason/offseason why did you draft him... its an overreaction, dont tell me its not. NOTHINGs happened since, yet after the tweet about him being "benched" came out, all the noob gm's came out to say OH NO hes a dud. not an overreaction?

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Mitchell Robinson 2019-2020 Outlook

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...