NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jimmy Butler 2019-2020 Outlook

Jimmy Butler is still JB, he will still find ways to get production someway somehow but I'm watching every game and he just isn't that talented offensively if you want to compare him to other all stars. His 20ppg are almost pure hustle plays and FT's I'm not unsatisfied with what he does on both ends but his Offensive game it just doesn't look like that's something he worked a lot on this off season despite all the good things you hear about his work ethic. You can tell the repetition isn't there enough where he's confident in his jumpers, wide open 3's and mid range teams are are just letting him shoot. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

I have Jimmy and I love the supporting stats and stocks and it’s scary to think how good he can be if his shots start falling. No way he continues this way rest of the season

That’s why it’s so confusing for me. You could always rely on Jimmy for sterling percentages in the past (45FG+ and 82FT+ on high attempts) with good scoring production.

With this season, it’s pretty much been his Achilles heel. His counting stats are up but his scoring and efficiency are way down 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Well winning isnt always pretty and thats what he stands for. 

His spotty fg is still a byproduct of not having that consistent offensive star capable of getting 20 regardless of the matchup along with him just not caring about going 7/20 as long as they win. 

Herro and Nunn are great rookies but they’re not at that level yet (though both have shown flashes). Dragic could be that guy but he’s embraced his new role, as any good vet should.

With all that said, this is likely just a bad slump for him. End of the day, when he does end up addressing his efficiency (no reason he can’t) then they’ll win even more games and i’m sure he’s smart enough to realize that.

32 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Well winning isnt always pretty and thats what he stands for. 

His spotty fg is still a byproduct of not having that consistent offensive star capable of getting 20 regardless of the matchup along with him just not caring about going 7/20 as long as they win. 

Herro and Nunn are great rookies but they’re not at that level yet (though both have shown flashes). Dragic could be that guy but he’s embraced his new role, as any good vet should.

With all that said, this is likely just a bad slump for him. End of the day, when he does end up addressing his efficiency (no reason he can’t) then they’ll win even more games and i’m sure he’s smart enough to realize that.

It's mostly been his midrange and outside shooting, it's in Derozan level bad like sub 30%. He's just gotta keep taking them though, no reason he should have only 10 shots in a game.

The weird thing is that over the last 8 games he's averaging under 1 three point attempt a game. It's likely a result of him playing point and setting up the Heat's many shooters, but it's not good for his value, despite the extra assists.  

Even punting FG% he's only ranked 49th the last 8 games.

• Like 1