NBC Sports Edge Forums

What should I do with Voit, Khris Davis and Benintendi?

Voits Yahoo note mentioned he may have been available to pinch hit last night, so seems like he's promising rest of the week. Not sure about the other guys however. 

Im going with the consensus on this one - Roll out Voit & Davis 

Who is your replacement for Benitendi? If it is anyone halfway decent then I would opt for the healthily player to minimize the week long risk if the other players have a mid-week setback 

1 hour ago, Jrick45 said:

Im going with the consensus on this one - Roll out Voit & Davis 

Who is your replacement for Benitendi? If it is anyone halfway decent then I would opt for the healthily player to minimize the week long risk if the other players have a mid-week setback 

No one really on my active roster aside from Myers (we discussed this in my other thread) and I can't start him. We only have 5 bench spots so I'm not sure I want to bring up an outfielder from the minors and have a problem on my hands later when Ozuna gets healthy. The Ozuna injury came at a bad time because now I'm dealing with the Myers non sense. 

I'm wondering if I should bring Dahl up and worry about this later on when Ozuna returns. Right now I'm starting Jarrod Dyson, Merrifield , Benintendi (Ozuna on IL and Myers benched). Dahl & Buxton in the minors. 

10 hours ago, Under500Forever said:

No one really on my active roster aside from Myers (we discussed this in my other thread) and I can't start him. We only have 5 bench spots so I'm not sure I want to bring up an outfielder from the minors and have a problem on my hands later when Ozuna gets healthy. The Ozuna injury came at a bad time because now I'm dealing with the Myers non sense. 

I'm wondering if I should bring Dahl up and worry about this later on when Ozuna returns. Right now I'm starting Jarrod Dyson, Merrifield , Benintendi (Ozuna on IL and Myers benched). Dahl & Buxton in the minors. 

With even more information than before, Dahl should have been up a long time ago with Dyson starting on your team.

2 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

With even more information than before, Dahl should have been up a long time ago with Dyson starting on your team.

I have Ozuna on the IL also.

i was starting Benintendi, Ozuna, Myers until Myers got benched. 

Im now starting Whit , Benintendi and Dyson. 

In a points league (typical ESPN scoring), and have been offered David Dahl for Benintendi. This is a trade I wouldn't have considered earlier in the year, but now am wondering. Considering this is points scoring and Benintendi may not be 100%, would this be a good trade?

20 minutes ago, Ghostpig said:

In a points league (typical ESPN scoring), and have been offered David Dahl for Benintendi. This is a trade I wouldn't have considered earlier in the year, but now am wondering. Considering this is points scoring and Benintendi may not be 100%, would this be a good trade?

I think I’d take Dahl. He plays half of his games at Coors field and is hitting in front of Arenado. 

benintendi is in a funk and has said he doesn’t feel locked in at the plate. He got the night off tonight to work on his swing. I’m not sure if it’s his swing or he isn’t 100% focused. 

I was high on Benintendi coming into this season since they stuck with him in the leadoff spot for a good chunk of the season so far. He’s a good hitter and just needs to get back on track. 

He did say before the seasons started that he was trying to focus on getting on base and not trying to put the ball over the fence. Maybe that mindset is affecting his play? 

17 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I think I’d take Dahl. He plays half of his games at Coors field and is hitting in front of Arenado. 

benintendi is in a funk and has said he doesn’t feel locked in at the plate. He got the night off tonight to work on his swing. I’m not sure if it’s his swing or he isn’t 100% focused. 

I was high on Benintendi coming into this season since they stuck with him in the leadoff spot for a good chunk of the season so far. He’s a good hitter and just needs to get back on track. 

He did say before the seasons started that he was trying to focus on getting on base and not trying to put the ball over the fence. Maybe that mindset is affecting his play? 

Thanks for the response... I don't trust myself on trades, as I always seem to make the wrong decision (sometimes I feel I should do "the opposite" a la George Costanza). I keep waiting for Benintendi to get it going, but getting a bit impatient (I also have Jose Ramirez and Matt Carpenter on this team, yikes).