Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jasson Dominguez, CF, NYY


BaseballJunkie
 Share

Recommended Posts

Even if he struggles in Low A, it's ridiculous how young he is and the amount that he has likely learned already.  Being at instructs, the Futures Game, etc., it will only benefit him in the long run to be exposed to high caliber competition.  Obviously, don't want to rush him too much, but the training wheels are off now.  Go get it kid!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was announced that he would be in the Futures game before he even had one minor league hit. And now he's getting promoted after having a .607 ops over only 20 at bats. I'm glad to have him on one of my dynasty teams. I just don't get why they're doing this when he hasn't had a chance to do anything.

Edited by dan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dan said:

It was announced that he would be in the Futures game before he even had one minor league hit. And now he's getting promoted after having a .607 ops over only 20 at bats. I'm glad to have him on one of my dynasty teams. I just don't get why they're doing this when he hasn't had a chance to do anything.

Not disagreeing with you, but there was a sense that he would start the year at Low A rather than instructs and in the FSL.  The Yanks held him back for more teaching before sending him off the to the FCL.  You gotta believe that they feel he is ready for the challenge, as I'm sure they likewise feel no urgency to rush him.  That would be my take.  If it were the Mets, well then, that's something different. haha.

Edited by BigPapi44
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

Did he get that nickname because he's 5' tall? Didn't realize how short he was, he looks tiny.  

FWIW he's listed as the being the same size/weight as Wander Franco - 5'10", 190 lbs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/17/2021 at 9:26 AM, mavsfan23 said:

Did he get that nickname because he's 5' tall? Didn't realize how short he was, he looks tiny.  

He isn’t all that tall but he is a large man for an 18 year old. Looks like an NFL linebacker. 
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, killa3312 said:

Pretty underwhelming start to his career so far. Good walk rate but lots of strikeouts.

He’ll fit right in.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on how completely mediocre he has been so far? Barely OPSing .700 with lots of strikeouts. Franco at the same age in A ball was significantly better, but did also have a year of seasoning in rookie ball behind him. Dominguez is suppose to be on his level as a prospect, so…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, killa3312 said:

Any thoughts on how completely mediocre he has been so far? Barely OPSing .700 with lots of strikeouts. Franco at the same age in A ball was significantly better, but did also have a year of seasoning in rookie ball behind him. Dominguez is suppose to be on his level as a prospect, so…

Kevin Maitain 2.0?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's super young and holding his own even with that 30% strikeout rate so I'm not that concerned yet. I will say the lack of speed is interesting. No steals in low A where most catchers don't have high caliber arms combined with that video of him cartwheeling into 3rd makes me think his 70 graded speed by fangraphs is a touch high.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...