NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Might be nice to compile a complete list of closers and possible outcomes going into the trade deadline. I'm sure some of this is wrong as the scotch is flowing so feel free to correct/addend anything

Pre-Deadline Recap or my take at least   ARZ - Holland and a bunch of trash, dont see much changing at the deadline ATL - Cool Luke Jackson gots it ROS i think BAL - Avoid - commit

Translation: “I’d like to get him out of the closer role but all of my other options suck just as bad.”

Posted Images

looks like shafer was the closer for Blue Jays in minors leagues this year and last.  anything to see here if Giles is out for awhile with the elbow injury?  looks like he might be last man standing if biagini has indeed been traded to astros.

1 minute ago, swingbatter said:

looks like shafer was the closer for Blue Jays in minors leagues this year and last.  anything to see here if Giles is out for awhile with the elbow injury?  looks like he might be last man standing if biagini has indeed been traded to astros.

Yes, go grab. 

3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

13 BBs in 18 IPs lol.  1.7 WHIP.

• Like 1
Just now, SpecialFNK said:

while Shafer has had walk trouble with the Jays, he was better in the minors.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=168481

agree with this...SSS with his high MLB whip this year....shafer's whip in minors this year was 1.01 in 28 IP and 1.08 last year in 55 IP.  has 25 saves over last 1.5 years in minors.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In looking at Shafers minor league numbers it seems like the high walks are maybe nerves.  He had solid control in the minors and experience closing.  Worth an add if u have the room.

Just now, itaos said:

Jarlin Garcia seems to be the guy in Miami 

there was also some chatter a few pages back about how mattingly was talking up garrett richards as a late inning option.  too lazy to look it up though. 

1 minute ago, swingbatter said:

there was also some chatter a few pages back about how mattingly was talking up garrett richards as a late inning option.  too lazy to look it up though. 

Richards is a member of the Padres and is rehabbing from TJS and likely out for the season

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, swingbatter said:

Pretty sure that was Trevor Richards, who is now gone. So maybe a committee headed by Garcia now