Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2020 season will be locked on 2020-10-14. Please finish any 2020 discussions here, and take any 2021 outlook discussions to the 2021 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season 2020 automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2021.]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hopefully this prick is well rested 

dude I grew up in San Diego, I am 45 years old, my first game was in 1979, and I remember asking my dad how a guy could be named World B Free.  Michael Cage was my first favorite player, Danny Manning

Kawhi out (torn vagina)

On 11/3/2019 at 1:13 AM, yeet said:

Just to be clear, Kawhi is resting b2bs right? Clippers only play twice next week and it's a b2b. Going up against him so this could be huge.

Honestly I expect him to sit out 1 of these games because he can literally  do whatever he wants to do and hes been fighting for the opportunity to do that so why not use it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean I'm happy and all because I'm going up against him but he'll have 2 full days of rest before and 3 full days of rest after the back to back anyways lol

Edited by yeet
Link to post
Share on other sites

On the bright side Kawhi playing the night with less games scheduled and resting on a night with a full slate so most managers likely have 10 guys they can start tomorrow anyways.  This would be more annoying if he played tomorrow and rested Thursday.  

We all drafted Kawhi knowing he would rest one game of the b2b's this season, so there is no reason to be salty when you knowingly picked him.  If he only rests for b2b's you get 75 games (I'd take the under) which would be peachy keen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawhi said he wouldn’t have made it to the finals last year without being load managed. 

It was going to happen this year and probably will for the rest of his career especially during back to backs. This isn’t a drug suspension or fluke injury. This was known and if you did draft him not wanting to believe it, well....

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Kawhi said he wouldn’t have made it to the finals last year without being load managed. 

It was going to happen this year and probably will for the rest of his career especially during back to backs. This isn’t a drug suspension or fluke injury. This was known and if you did draft him not wanting to believe it, well....

rest all you want... 2 game week though.... therse 5 other days to rest....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think people look at this the wrong way. It's not "rest" Kawhi needs, it's an overall limit on how much he plays each year in order to play through the playoffs at an elite level. As we saw last year that means sitting half of B2B's and random other games throughout the season.

It's bad for fantasy owners, but great for Kawhi's chances of winning rings.

Edited by RLDN106
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn’t it odd that he rested against Jazz and Bucks?  Both are strong teams and both were nationalized TV games no?  Maybe Kawi was scared to go against Greek freak ^^. But def strange that he’s resting against good teams. 

13 hours ago, RLDN106 said:

I think people look at this the wrong way. It's not "rest" Kawhi needs, it's an overall limit on how much he plays each year in order to play through the playoffs at an elite level. As we saw last year that means sitting half of B2B's and random other games throughout the season.

It's bad for fantasy owners, but great for Kawhi's chances of winning rings.

I don’t think it’s overall games.. If nba changed their overall games to 60 games instead of 82, Kawi will most likely rest back to backs more often than not. it’s giving rest between games thus resting back to backs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Kawhi is, I believe most owners were savvy enough to draft him knowing full well about the risk of load management - the only issue is how much.

Judging from comments in the preseason about how he’s 100% and how he’s one year off that lost final season in SA it would make sense to predict that he’ll play at least a few more games this season as compared to last... and I still hope that’s the case. It’ll be interesting to see how PG’s return affects his load management schedule - perhaps the lightened offensive load would lessen the need for Kawhi to rest games. The need to rest PG as well may also play a factor.

Edited by Espoiral
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mangchi said:

Isn’t it odd that he rested against Jazz and Bucks?  Both are strong teams and both were nationalized TV games no?  Maybe Kawi was scared to go against Greek freak ^^. But def strange that he’s resting against good teams. 

I don’t think it’s overall games.. If nba changed their overall games to 60 games instead of 82, Kawi will most likely rest back to backs more often than not. it’s giving rest between games thus resting back to backs. 

Realistically it’s some combination of both.
 

I highly doubt he wants to oversteer his quad but Kawhi also sat regular games last year as well (in addition to the phantom injuries).

This will probably be the case again, but when he’s on the court he’s easily top-5.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Kawhi Leonard 2019-2020 Outlook
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...