NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (Roto) 2019-2020: Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If that’s what floats your boat in a mock.  But if it’s 9 cat roto, $200 buy in do you pick LeBron 6th?

Now we're asking too many questions 😄

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Per ancient forum tradition, we're kicking off the holiday weekend not with fireworks, but with our annual summer forum mock draft. Please sign up below if interested. If you haven't participated befo

I'm in and so is @Trench Mob 1. Kaboom 2. StifleTower* 3. tongs* 4. TOAA* 5. SuperJew* 6. Ajax 7. unluckyshot 8. COH  9. Styler 10. Trench Mob

I get what youre trying to say, but hes not even close to the greatest season in college basketball history, or even of the last 10 years. Anthony Davis, Kevin Durant, Beasley, all had wayyyyy better

3 minutes ago, terribleswedes said:

Was between Lillard and George for me...

Same, if I was in your shoes.  By the time it got to me George was the no-brainer.  He has the most potential upside (top 5) as well as downside (been top 15 for pretty much his entire career).  

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

@StifleTower2 

Interesting pick with Vucevic there. You must be really high on him. What are you thinking stats wise?

20/12/3/1/1/1 on 50 ish FG/75 FT. He was 11th last year on a per game basis and 5th on totals.  I debated Stifle, my name sake, but I think Vuc is marginally better in roto.  He’s 28 and the best player on a team fighting for the playoffs.  I don’t see him declining significantly.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Hate my pairing at the moment but if everything goes well in Washington he should be valuable and be solid next to Kawhi. 

That's a great pairing on a per game basis but we know Kawhi will rest 20 games and if Beal stays on the Wizards, they'll have no reason to play him the last month or so on that god awful team, that's what scares me about him. A trade would probably benefit Beal tbh. But yeah if both guys can actually play 70 games, you'll be sitting nicely. 

• Like 3
Just now, Trench Mob said:

Both @Code of Hammurabi and @Simsanityy179 going for a punt FT build me thinks.

CoH generally does a punt FT build so now his pick of LeBron makes a lot more sense.  I think he was planning for Drummond before hand. 

Simsanityy179 is gunning hard for that 3 cat punt that tends to dominate roto leagues.  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

CoH generally does a punt FT build so now his pick of LeBron makes a lot more sense.  I think he was planning for Drummond before hand. 

Simsanityy179 is gunning hard for that 3 cat punt that tends to dominate roto leagues.  

2 cat punt** the 3s will be coming soon ;)

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

@Code of Hammurabijust finished tied for 1st in our real league by punting FT.

If it ain't broke . . .

• Like 3
49 minutes ago, Ajax said:

Good picks everyone!  I'm around...I'll make my two picks in a few as soon as I make my mind which way I wanna go.

Are u sure about oladipo? He’ll miss plenty of games. It’s roto not H2H 

Edited by Simsanityy179
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, terribleswedes said:

I woulda taken Vucevic next if Stifle hadn't for reasons he mentioned, and was about 50-50 on picking Beal. Beal had little reason to play down the stretch last season, either, but he kept suiting up.

Exactly, Beal played all 82 games for a terrible team. Beals total missed games over last 3 seasons : 5. Thats right, 5 missed games out of 246. FIVE. Beal had injury problems early in his career and since then it seems like hes gone outta the way to prove hes not an injury concern.

2 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

Are u sure about oladipo? He’ll miss plenty of games. It’s roto not H2H 

Can't missed games be managed by sitting the player in roto? If there are max games for positions, players that will only play 60 games have more value in roto don't they?

5 minutes ago, tongs said:

Can't missed games be managed by sitting the player in roto? If there are max games for positions, players that will only play 60 games have more value in roto don't they?

Well he would have to go the first half of the season with his 2nd rounder on the IL. It makes sense in the early rounds to draft players who u believe have  a good chance of playing 75+ games. Assuming oladipo plays to his level for 40 games , that would still leave him around top 100 value in roto. “Stashing” players is only valuable in H2H. 

I've got to say, I'm not really liking the end of the 2nd round this year. With KD out, and multiple 2nd round players that are not elite options any more (I won't mention them yet), it seems to be pretty slim pickings at least imo. 

I like Conley and I think he's a pretty nice fit for the Jazz, but I didn't exactly love taking him in the 2nd round. But it felt like I didn't have a ton of options, especially at guard.

Meanwhile, the first half of the 2nd round seems pretty stacked. Perhaps this year I wouldn't mind getting a mid-late first round pick and grabbing Lillard or PG and pairing them with another elite at the turn.

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, unluckyshot said:

I've got to say, I'm not really liking the end of the 2nd round this year. With KD out, and multiple 2nd round players that are not elite options any more (I won't mention them yet), it seems to be pretty slim pickings at least imo. 

I like Conley and I think he's a pretty nice fit for the Jazz, but I didn't exactly love taking him in the 2nd round. But it felt like I didn't have a ton of options, especially at guard.

Meanwhile, the first half of the 2nd round seems pretty stacked. Perhaps this year I wouldn't mind getting a mid-late first round pick and grabbing Lillard or PG and pairing them with another elite at the turn.

I was thinking the same thing , I don’t mind what my pick is this year considering I play 10teams not 12