NBC Sports Edge Forums

Team in sig..6x6 OPS 13 team roto league.  I currently have a 6 save lead over 2nd place in saves.

my current closers..Jansen, hand, kimbrel, Kennedy, oberg, and (hunter Strickland on the IL)

i get...Realmuto and trey mancini

i give...grandal and kenley Jansen 

Seems like a pretty fair offer to me. I don't see a ton of difference in value between Grandal and Realmuto so it's basically Mancini for Kenley. Kenley hasn't been pitching all that well so that seams pretty reasonable as well. I do agree that you're in a definite position to deal a closer. Are there any other categories need to make up ground in?

1 minute ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Listed my closer situation in original post

Guess it depends how badly you need Mancini. I don’t love giving away Jansen. Kimbrel isn’t what he used to be. And the other closers aren’t solid other than Hand, imo. 

47 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Team in sig..6x6 OPS 13 team roto league.  I currently have a 6 save lead over 2nd place in saves.

my current closers..Jansen, hand, kimbrel, Kennedy, oberg, and (hunter Strickland on the IL)

I’d do it. Like Realmuto rest of season. And while you have some shaky options at closer, it no longer looks like Hand will be dealt if they’re chasing MIN. Should have enough options.

11 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Seems like a pretty fair offer to me. I don't see a ton of difference in value between Grandal and Realmuto so it's basically Mancini for Kenley. Kenley hasn't been pitching all that well so that seams pretty reasonable as well. I do agree that you're in a definite position to deal a closer. Are there any other categories need to make up ground in?

Mat or near the top in all hitting cats, so ground can be won or lost there for sure, and Mancini will be a starter for sure for me as deep of a league as this is

Never trade for Cs as a general rule, esp later in the season as they tend to wear down.  Mancini is OK, but hardly a super star.  Why trade a top closer and good catcher for a slightly better C and an OK OF?  Just not seeing it help you much as it is not like Mancini is popping 45 HRs.  He is on pace to hit about 300 33 HR/78 rbi/107 runs and that is assuming the O's do not bag the last month or so of the season with call-ups.

1 minute ago, secretagentman said:

Never trade for Cs as a general rule, esp later in the season as they tend to wear down.  Mancini is OK, but hardly a super star.  Why trade a top closer and good catcher for a slightly better C and an OK OF?  Just not seeing it help you much as it is not like Mancini is popping 45 HRs.  He is on pace to hit about 300 33 HR/78 rbi/107 runs and that is assuming the O's do not bag the last month or so of the season with call-ups.

I have a lot more at stake moving up and down in hitting cats than I do saves..that is why I am considering this

2 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Wow.  I really don’t think you should do that.  I think you’re giving up way more than you’re getting here.

Can’t see the sig either... I think some of the power/ops you gain in Mancini is being lost by trading grandal away.  Question is what cats do you need?  If you need power that much and there aren’t other options, then I think it’s fair but something telling me try another way

1 minute ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Can’t see the sig either... I think some of the power/ops you gain in Mancini is being lost by trading grandal away.  Question is what cats do you need?  If you need power that much and there aren’t other options, then I think it’s fair but something telling me try another way

At or near top in all hitting cats, but I can gain or lose in many cats since they are tight

and Mancini would be an everyday player for me