NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Westbrook 2019-2020 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, Simsanityy179 said:

You’re embarrassing yourself 

I think I will go with the larger sample size lol that he is an 80% ft shooter over 2 years lol and if you punt turnovers basketball monster has Westbrook as a beast. This information is readily available too not that hard to plug in punt turnover on basketball monster lol.

2 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

I think I will go with the larger sample size lol that he is an 80% ft shooter over 2 years lol and if you punt turnovers basketball monster has Westbrook as a beast. This information is readily available too not that hard to plug in punt turnover on basketball monster lol.

Why would you go with data that's weighted heavily by a different stage of his career than the more recent data of the past 2 seasons which is more relevant and already a huge sample size on its own? Makes absolutely no sense.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, sjs1890 said:

Just now, LuSamSiam said:

Why would you go with data that's weighted heavily by a different stage of his career than the more recent data of the past 2 seasons which is more relevant and already a huge sample size on its own? Makes absolutely no sense.

Westbrook was 15th in punt TO.  I don't use terms like "beast" because that's subjective.  But I do know he's not a first round player even in punt TO.

It does make sense.  Just not logical sense.  Confirmation bias.

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised to see RWB go to the 76ers.  The 76ers championship window with Embiid is going to be short and I don't think they have enough time to wait for Simmons to develop a jump shot.  Once they max Simmons, they might be able to make it work.  Not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere not on the radar.

Edited by mbroo5880i

On 7/7/2019 at 6:10 AM, sjs1890 said:

On 7/7/2019 at 6:16 AM, LuSamSiam said:

Its a pretty bold / extreme prediction there but good luck to you.  The strategy to draft westbrook and not plan on punting has a very very slim margin to winning top 3, let alone the entire league.  

Well the Rockets have a pickle with CP3 and Beard not being besties. Russ and Beard played in OKC, so why not swap those two bloated contracts? The deal would suck for OKC on paper, but if they get some more firsts maybe...?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Its a pretty bold / extreme prediction there but good luck to you.  The strategy to draft westbrook and not plan on punting has a very very slim margin to winning top 3, let alone the entire league.  

In fairness the chance of winning a 9 cat roto league by drafting him and punting is even less.   

1 minute ago, rando said:

Well the Rockets have a pickle with CP3 and Beard not being besties. Russ and Beard played in OKC, so why not swap those two bloated contracts? The deal would suck for OKC on paper, but if they get some more firsts maybe...?

Because as much as Harden hates CP3 he really ******** hates Westbrook.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see RWB go to the 76ers.  The 76ers championship window with Embiid is going to be short and I don't think they have enough time to wait for Simmons to develop a jump shot.  Once they max Simmons, they might be able to make it work.  Not saying it will happen but I wouldn't be surprised to see him go somewhere not on the radar.

For all his faults, Simmons is one of the better defenders in the NBA. CONSIDERING how bad RWB's contract is, I'd rather have Simmons. 

• Like 2

On 7/6/2019 at 2:36 PM, StifleTower2 said:

Jimmy seems more like a drifter.  Goes from place to place blaming everyone for his frustration.  Westy is an acerbic piece of s--- but he’s loyal af.  He’s not moving.  I’d bet the farm on Butler leaving first.  

I was just joking and asking a rhetorical question, but to answer my own question more seriously - Westbrook is showing signs of a rapidly declining asset that may become tougher to move especially in the back half of his contract.

If I were the Thunder, I’d trade him ASAP while he’s valued and movable - after all, it’s not a guarantee that a team like the Knicks will be around to pay for a bad contract. If the Heat trade for him, better win immediately before he and Jimmy have a chance to get angry :ph34r:

• Like 1

A team like ORL makes a ton of sense because they have the assets necessary and would be in a position to win now.  AGordon, Mo Bamba, Fultz and a #1 pick for Westbrook - who says no??  I think it would be a nice haul for OKC and give ORL a roster of:

PG:  RWB, DJAugustin, MCW

SG: Fornier, Ross

SF:  JIsaac (but guys like Fornier, Ross and AF-Aminu) can player their too

PF: AF-Aminu, Khem Birch (plus 2019 #16 overall pick Chuma Emeke coming off his torn ACL in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen match-up)

C;  Vucevic (and for the back-up C.....bring back Dwight on a team friendly 2 year deal).

This team could definitely compete for a top 4 seed in the East.  The only 2 teams likely ahead of them are the Bucks and 76ers.  Possibly Boston but the Magic would definitely be in that 1-4 seed mix IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J.T. Marlin said:

A team like ORL makes a ton of sense because they have the assets necessary and would be in a position to win now.  AGordon, Mo Bamba, Fultz and a #1 pick for Westbrook - who says no??  I think it would be a nice haul for OKC and give ORL a roster of:

PG:  RWB, DJAugustin, MCW

SG: Fornier, Ross

SF:  JIsaac (but guys like Fornier, Ross and AF-Aminu) can player their too

PF: AF-Aminu, Khem Birch (plus 2019 #16 overall pick Chuma Emeke coming off his torn ACL in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen match-up)

C;  Vucevic (and for the back-up C.....bring back Dwight on a team friendly 2 year deal).

This team could definitely compete for a top 4 seed in the East.  The only 2 teams likely ahead of them are the Bucks and 76ers.  Possibly Boston but the Magic would definitely be in that 1-4 seed mix IMO.

Think Orlando could definitely give up less, maybe keeping Gordon. That is a pretty good landing spot just in terms of benefiting both teams though. Not a surprise, since Orlando has too many bigs as usual.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Think Orlando could definitely give up less, maybe keeping Gordon. That is a pretty good landing spot just in terms of benefiting both teams though. Not a surprise, since Orlando has too many bigs as usual.

Gordon has to be included otherwise the salaries don’t come close to working & the trade cant happen.

• Like 2

I don’t know how I’d feel about such a trade.  Last year it seems as if you all said Orlando sucks and Vuc sucks and they shouldn’t resign Vuc bc he sucks. I was one of the few people saying otherwise.  Trading for Westbrook is such a win now move.  But I don’t think Gordon is some amazing forward either. I’d mostly be concerned about chemistry.  Also, Westbrook is my least favorite player. 

3 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I don’t know how I’d feel about such a trade.  Last year it seems as if you all said Orlando sucks and Vuc sucks and they shouldn’t resign Vuc bc he sucks. I was one of the few people saying otherwise.  Trading for Westbrook is such a win now move.  But I don’t think Gordon is some amazing forward either. I’d mostly be concerned about chemistry.  Also, Westbrook is my least favorite player. 

I just think they have little to lose by doing a trade like that, and they best point guard they've had in the past 15 years is Jameer Nelsonj. Seems like a good fit for Orlando, and OKC would probably be happy to get Bamba and a 1st because Russ is as good as gone.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

I just think they have little to lose by doing a trade like that, and they best point guard they've had in the past 15 years is Jameer Nelsonj. Seems like a good fit for Orlando, and OKC would probably be happy to get Bamba and a 1st because Russ is as good as gone.

I agree with the little to lose part.  It would be interesting to say the least.  I read that this deal has little chance of going down so I suppose it’s a moot point.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trench Mob said:

Most definitely not. Anthony Davis or Stephen Curry take that spot now. Which ever one you prefer and want to build around.

The only thing that's most definitely is that the Rockets entire offense will still run through Harden. Coach will never relinquish his green light. Nothing will change that not even Russ. If anything his assists will increase. Rebounds will take a hit obviously. 

On 7/8/2019 at 4:38 PM, rando said:

Nostradamus over here

• Like 2