Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pascal Siakam 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol tbf not all Lakers fans are like that as well, we just have some fans like Gile as well lol like every fanbase. 

I just remember Jason McIntyre, after Kawhi left, saying"I'm upset he didnt choose the Lakers, but I'm really happy he didnt go back to Toronto" and went on with some anti-Canadian inflammatory nonsense. The Lakers fans with a platform tend to be really obnoxious 🤣 Try finding a humble LAL fan on TV/Radio, it's tough. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We see it all the time tbh, and I think there's some validity to defenses learning how to key in on players. But at least this makes me hopeful:   " Last season, Siakam’s usage jumped to 25

I don't think he's the lone scorer - they have Lowry, FVV, Gasol, etc...still I would be willing to bet over 20 ppg easy.  He averaged 19 ppg post all star, and had huge scoring outbursts (30, 31, 33,

Good point. You were on the money about Siakam last year:   Nearly a month into the season you made an even sharper post:   Clearly your opinion on Siakam matters more than say,

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, justaguy said:

I just remember Jason McIntyre, after Kawhi left, saying"I'm upset he didnt choose the Lakers, but I'm really happy he didnt go back to Toronto" and went on with some anti-Canadian inflammatory nonsense. The Lakers fans with a platform tend to be really obnoxious 🤣 Try finding a humble LAL fan on TV/Radio, it's tough. 

That's TV/radio they're paid to be obnoxious lol. TV/radio does not make the majority of the fanbase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

That's TV/radio they're paid to be obnoxious lol. TV/radio does not make the majority of the fanbase.

Many non-TV/Radio LAL fans also double as Kobe fans, who think the guy walks on water and lack all sense of objective reality. I'm not going to say I've personally met every LAL fan in the world, but the majority I've personally encountered and heard on broadcast are obnoxious. This isnt really a hot take either. 

This is all besides the point. Nobody should be so far up their a** supporting their team that they lack decency to others. Raptors fans finally have something to be cocky jerks about after 24 years of being absolutely pathetic. But just because we can, doesnt mean we should behave that way.

Edited by justaguy
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, justaguy said:

Man, as a fellow Raptors fan, your obnoxiousness is giving us a bad rep. Not to mention annoying af. Let's not get as egotistical as other fans (cough Lakers cough) and develop a rep as insufferable as them.

You know how kids on the internet now say "ok boomer" to anyone that says something even halfway to the right of socialism these days?  "You should get a job" "ok boomer", no matter if the person saying that is like 18?  Like it doesn't matter if they're actually a baby boomer, they just say that anyone that (they think) is spouting baby boomer talking points?

At this point, we might as well respond to Gile Pile with "ok laker fan".  It's the same ****.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, justaguy said:

Many non-TV/Radio LAL fans also double as Kobe fans, who think the guy walks on water and lack all sense of objective reality. I'm not going to say I've personally met every LAL fan in the world, but the majority I've personally encountered and heard on broadcast are obnoxious. This isnt really a hot take either. 

This is all besides the point. Nobody should be so far up their a** supporting their team that they lack decency to others. Raptors fans finally have something to be cocky jerks about after 24 years of being absolutely pathetic. But just because we can, doesnt mean we should behave that way.

At the end of the day it comes down to the individual. Anyway back to Pascal talk😁. Groin injuries typically last 4-6 weeks if it's not severe. Hopefully he'll be back sooner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, dragonballz said:

 

 

I traded for Siakam because initially i've seen tweets saying that his injury was minor and he would be the first one to return as compared to Powell/Gasol. Now, it seems he's the last one to return. 

He is probably the only consistent scorer they have. They won't rush him back since they are making the playoffs anyways 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

How accurate is BBM? Says there that he's got an estimated return date to be on the 15th?

Nobody has a crystal ball.  it's just their educated guess.  I think he's a couple weeks to a month away.  Just keep that groin loose!  Like @Yorkex said, they're not in danger of missing the playoffs, so they can take their time for him to get healthy.  Same goes for Gasol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Nobody has a crystal ball.  it's just their educated guess.  I think he's a couple weeks to a month away.  Just keep that groin loose!  Like @Yorkex said, they're not in danger of missing the playoffs, so they can take their time for him to get healthy.  Same goes for Gasol. 


A couple weeks to a month , what are you talking about. That was the estimate given when he first injured himself. Most likely scenario is about a week , 2 tops . 

Edited by RunCMC
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, vnmslsrbms said:

Yeah, I'm a fool for doubting the BBM gods lol. 

 

Nott all of them are accurate. For example BBM expects WCJ to be back on the 18th, but I am thinking that injury is a monther

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...