NBC Sports Edge Forums

Pascal Siakam 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We see it all the time tbh, and I think there's some validity to defenses learning how to key in on players. But at least this makes me hopeful:   " Last season, Siakam’s usage jumped to 25

I don't think he's the lone scorer - they have Lowry, FVV, Gasol, etc...still I would be willing to bet over 20 ppg easy.  He averaged 19 ppg post all star, and had huge scoring outbursts (30, 31, 33,

Good point. You were on the money about Siakam last year:   Nearly a month into the season you made an even sharper post:   Clearly your opinion on Siakam matters more than say,

Posted Images

2 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

He's avg 23 a game on 45% fg on a good team. That's okay.. not all that good. Bad fg% for PF. Pascal is as efficient as buddy hield was last year without the elite 3s. This is in the east as a PF...

Pascal is one of my most used DFS tournament players because he's a "good deal" and can drop 70 points on DraftKings, but he can drop 25 the next day like its nothing. Rookies like ja morant are better options. Ja also wildly more efficient than Pascal.

He has Lowry Vanvleet Ibaka Gasol Powell around him, so his fg% is pretty terrible as a long pf playing in the east given his talent level. I'd expect over 50% the way the rest of him team is playing. There's been injuries but still. 

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=FG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&PlayerPosition=F&CF=PTS*GE*

Comparing forwards to the guards is like apples and oranges.  What should Pascal do to stop being "okay" and start being "good"?

Standard 9 cat, BBM rankings for season:

Pascal at 32

Hield at  79

Ja at 101.

There is a reason Pascal is an All Star.

22 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=FG_PCT&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular Season&PlayerPosition=F&CF=PTS*GE*

Comparing forwards to the guards is like apples and oranges.  What should Pascal do to stop being "okay" and start being "good"?

Standard 9 cat, BBM rankings for season:

Pascal at 32

Hield at  79

Ja at 101.

There is a reason Pascal is an All Star.

If BBM rankings can be used as evidence to justify being an All-Star, then Whiteside should've been a starter. Your arguments are nonsensical, matched only by your condescending and annoying personality 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Just now, shakestreet said:

I don’t think so. I am in three ESPN leagues used auto draft in all three. I got him in all three .. 11, 12 & 16. lol 

Fantasy pros #20 

ESPN pre-rank is joke

u6Y2tMr.jpg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, raggi01 said:

lmao can't believe there's people in this thread saying pascal is just "okay"

Okay was in relation to him being over valued like he's a 1st tier kind of player. People act like he belongs in the same categories as lebron Giannis doncic harden etc, talking about all star game like he should be a captain lmao. He's lucky to get the label of "okay" when people speak so highly of him. He's an obvious all star, but compared to other all stars, he really is just okay at best. It's obviously given that he's good, just very over rated from fans who think he was why Toronto won the chip, like kawhi isn't levels and levels beyond him. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Like 1
On 1/26/2020 at 3:50 PM, johnval1362 said:

Okay was in relation to him being over valued like he's a 1st tier kind of player. People act like he belongs in the same categories as lebron Giannis doncic harden etc, talking about all star game like he should be a captain lmao. He's lucky to get the label of "okay" when people speak so highly of him. He's an obvious all star, but compared to other all stars, he really is just okay at best. It's obviously given that he's good, just very over rated from fans who think he was why Toronto won the chip, like kawhi isn't levels and levels beyond him. 

Stop embellishing dude. You're just embarrassing yourself. No one is acting like he is another LeBron or Giannis or Doncic or Harden or Kawhi. He is Pascal Siakam and that in itself is incredible. Do you need to be told again this guys started playing (yes PLAYING) basketball only 10 years ago. Raptors "reached" for a largely unknown guy, that then started in the NBA in his rookie year, won the G-League and G-League finals MVP, then became #BenchMob hero, then became MVP and NBA champion, then became a legit #1 on his team and a worthy NBA All-star starter on one of the best teams in the league (even sans Kawhi), oh, but:

he's lucky to get the label of "okay"

Keep dissing fool. Haters gonna hate. He's proved enough people like you wrong over and over.

but compared to other all stars, he really is just okay at best.

Gotta be one of the more pathetic comments I've read. He's more worthy than Trae, he's at least on par with kemba (although IRL I'd would never trade Siakam for Kemba - he has too much skill and body diversity and upside), and Embiid still hasn't proven he can get it done. Doncic is great and looks like an absolute stud, but his portfolio is rather light. And Harden proves one thing year in year out he can score the rock on the most insane usage one can imagine - he wracks up regular season wins and disappears when it matters - welcome to the career of James Harden. Siakam has every right to be amongst these guys. And compared to the rest of the league is an absolute STAR! Give some respect where it's due man. 

I made the bet on Pascal and I still think he makes top 25 per game by seasons end. You quickly jump on him during a tough spell post injury. But his team hung tough and are now flourishing with him back and he works his as$ off on both ends (more than I can say about some other  "superstar" all-stars - *cough*jamesharden*cough*. Great asset IRL and in fantasy. Injury sucks for fantasy, but not much you can do about that. Apart from the injury are you really disappointed with what he has done this year? If so then you're just a bit bitter.

As for my man @StifleTower should come down to the wire as he rounds back into form. Kinda exactly what we both predicted right around the 20-30 mark on per game value.

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Stop embellishing dude. You're just embarrassing yourself. No one is acting like he is another LeBron or Giannis or Doncic or Harden or Kawhi. He is Pascal Siakam and that in itself is incredible. Do you need to be told again this guys started playing (yes PLAYING) basketball only 10 years ago. Raptors "reached" for a largely unknown guy, that then started in the NBA in his rookie year, won the G-League and G-League finals MVP, then became #BenchMob hero, then became MVP and NBA champion, then became a legit #1 on his team and a worthy NBA All-star starter on one of the best teams in the league (even sans Kawhi), oh, but:

Keep dissing fool. Haters gonna hate. He's proved enough people like you wrong over and over.

Gotta be one of the more pathetic comments I've read. He's more worthy than Trae, he's at least on par with kemba (although IRL I'd would never trade Siakam for Kemba - he has too much skill and body diversity and upside), and Embiid still hasn't proven he can get it done. Doncic is great and looks like an absolute stud, but his portfolio is rather light. And Harden proves one thing year in year out he can score the rock on the most insane usage one can imagine - he wracks up regular season wins and disappears when it matters - welcome to the career of James Harden. Siakam has every right to be amongst these guys. And compared to the rest of the league is an absolute STAR! Give some respect where it's due man. 

I made the bet on Pascal and I still think he makes top 25 per game by seasons end. You quickly jump on him during a tough spell post injury. But his team hung tough and are now flourishing with him back and he works his as$ off on both ends (more than I can say about some other  "superstar" all-stars - *cough*jamesharden*cough*. Great asset IRL and in fantasy. Injury sucks for fantasy, but not much you can do about that. Apart from the injury are you really disappointed with what he has done this year? If so then you're just a bit bitter.

As for my man @StifleTower should come down to the wire as he rounds back into form. Kinda exactly what we both predicted right around the 20-30 mark on per game value.

Read before you write man. That is what is pathetic... If you actually read what my initial  "okay" comment was in response to, you wouldn't sound so out of place with your argument. Someone said he should be an all star CAPTAIN which is beyond laughable lmao.

That led me to say compared to that level of player, hes just okay, which he is. On an all star team, he is just an okay player. Maybe you didn't learn ratios in 4th grade, not sure. Nothing wrong with being 2nd tier. I also was not referring to fantasy basketball which your lack of comprehension skills didn't allow you to realize either... so once again read up before you prematurely respond. Hassan whiteside is better than lebron if you're going to try and use fantasy arguments in your favor to represent real life, but we're talking about real life if you're responding to my comment. 

Conversation was about the all star game and reality. He's not even close to a first tier player in real life, neither is trae, nor Kemba, and Embiid can't stay healthy but he's a 1st tier guy when he is due to his defense.

Besides Embiid, those are all clear cut 2nd tier players, and its disrespectful to the true superstars to launch Pascal into 1st tier territory. Look at Atlanta record, that's all you need to know about guys like trae young and Devin Booker... they're fantasy studs but they don't lead their team to wins and their real life value isn't close to guys like doncic lebron Giannis AD Durant Steph Harden kawhi PG Towns lillard jokic and a healthy Embiid. He's about even with the next 10 to 15 players after that list. 2nd tier. Kembas good but he did nothing in Charlotte which shows that he needs a team of studs to win like he has in Boston, clear 2nd tier player. 

Hassan whiteside is a top 5-10 fantasy player this year, but my response wasn't about fantasy. Once again, read initial posts before you respond with childish aggression. 

In relation to the guys playing in the all star game, he really is just okay at best. If he played in the west, he would ride the bench most of the game if they really wanted to win. 

You also said no one talked about siakam like he belonged with those guys, but my response was to someone saying exactly that lol. Read buddy, it's good for you. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

Read before you write man. That is what is pathetic... If you actually read what my initial  "okay" comment was in response to, you wouldn't sound so out of place with your argument. Someone said he should be an all star CAPTAIN which is beyond laughable lmao.

That led me to say compared to that level of player, hes just okay, which he is. On an all star team, he is just an okay player. Maybe you didn't learn ratios in 4th grade, not sure. Nothing wrong with being 2nd tier. I also was not referring to fantasy basketball which your lack of comprehension skills didn't allow you to realize either... so once again read up before you prematurely respond. Hassan whiteside is better than lebron if you're going to try and use fantasy arguments in your favor to represent real life, but we're talking about real life if you're responding to my comment. 

Conversation was about the all star game and reality. He's not even close to a first tier player in real life, neither is trae, nor Kemba, and Embiid can't stay healthy but he's a 1st tier guy when he is due to his defense.

Besides Embiid, those are all clear cut 2nd tier players, and its disrespectful to the true superstars to launch Pascal into 1st tier territory. Look at Atlanta record, that's all you need to know about guys like trae young and Devin Booker... they're fantasy studs but they don't lead their team to wins and their real life value isn't close to guys like doncic lebron Giannis AD Durant Steph Harden kawhi PG Towns lillard jokic and a healthy Embiid. He's about even with the next 10 to 15 players after that list. 2nd tier. Kembas good but he did nothing in Charlotte which shows that he needs a team of studs to win like he has in Boston, clear 2nd tier player. 

Hassan whiteside is a top 5-10 fantasy player this year, but my response wasn't about fantasy. Once again, read initial posts before you respond with childish aggression. 

In relation to the guys playing in the all star game, he really is just okay at best. If he played in the west, he would ride the bench most of the game if they really wanted to win. 

You also said no one talked about siakam like he belonged with those guys, but my response was to someone saying exactly that lol. Read buddy, it's good for you. 

I know I'm nitpicking a little, but if we're talking real life not fantasy, then Towns does not belong in tier 1. 

• Like 1

When I said "I am so disappointed in this guy, he did not become All-Star captain. only a starter...",    where did I say that Pascal is <whatever> level of player?   It's is my personal opinion and I should be allowed to have one. I haven't compared Pascal to any other player. 

1 hour ago, johnval1362 said:

. they're fantasy studs but they don't lead their team to wins and their real life value isn't close to guys like doncic lebron Giannis AD Durant Steph Harden kawhi PG Towns lillard jokic and a healthy Embiid

If Pascal does not lead his team to wins, I am very interested to know how do you explain why  Raptors record (32-14)  is    better than  Dallas(28-14),  Houston (28-14), Wolves (15-31), Portland (20-27), Denver (321-14),  Sixers (30-17)?

If Jokic, Lillard,  KAT , Harden, Embiid  are 1st tier players with team records like this, why Pascal isn't?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

When I said "I am so disappointed in this guy, he did not become All-Star captain. only a starter...",    where did I say that Pascal is <whatever> level of player?   It's is my personal opinion and I should be allowed to have one. I haven't compared Pascal to any other player. 

If Pascal does not lead his team to wins, I am very interested to know how do you explain why  Raptors record (32-14)  is    better than  Dallas(28-14),  Houston (28-14), Wolves (15-31), Portland (20-27), Denver (321-14),  Sixers (30-17)?

If Jokic, Lillard,  KAT , Harden, Embiid  are 1st tier players with team records like this, why Pascal isn't?

They play in the east. The east is decent but the west is loaded. Dallas and Denver would likely have a better record than TOR if playing in the east. Embiid hasn't been healthy that why 76ers aren't 2nd seed. Kat doesn't lead his team to victories but he's still a much higher quality player than Pascal. He's also been injured... I'd bet my left nut Toronto would rather have KAT for the next 4 years than siakam. You're entitled to your opinion and I respect that, but I'm entitled to an opposing opinion. 

Edited by johnval1362
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...