NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dallas Mavs 2019-20 Team Thread

Because I’m tired of the Lakers thread, let’s look at other teams. With Delon Wright just signed, who will be the starting 5 for this team?

I’m going to guess

PG Wright

SG THJ

SF Doncic

PF KP

C Powell

but I can see Seth finding a way into the starting 5. 

• Thanks 2

Dwight Powell and Maxi Kleber will probably share the starting spot at center, depending on matchups each night.

if Powell can maintain 28-30 minutes night, I think he'll be good for 6th or 7th round value. Over the last 2 months of last season, he put up 14.3 points, 7.2 rebounds, 0.8 3PM, 0.8 blocks, 0.7 steals, 2.3 assists, 62.3% FG, and 79.1% FT in 30.4 minutes. One of the most efficient players in the league from a percentages standpoint. He's going to be a big sleeper this season.

Kleber is also a sleeper for much deeper leagues. He put up 1.3 3PM, 0.9 blocks, 6 rebounds, 46.8% FG, 78.3% FT in about 20 minutes over the last 2 months. Pretty atypical numbers for a big man, and he'll be a great fit next to Kristaps Porzingis. Like Powell, he doesn't hurt you in any category.