NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tobias Harris and Vucevic value in dynasty

I am new to dynasty leagues and have always played redrafts. I have both Toby Harris and Vucevic in the team I inherited, but they don't fit the rebuild. I have basically no picks for this upcoming rookie draft in a 30 player league. What kind of draft picks would you expect to get back in a trade for either player? Thanks.  

I've never played in a league that big but Harris and Vucevic are not old and are in pretty good positions to produce on teams who will be fighting for playoff position in March/April. It's hard to know how good of a pick you should get in your respective league but if I were a contending team, Harris and Vucevic would be attractive pieces for me as they are efficient bigs that are not old (although Vucevic will be 29 at the start of next season). A contending team should be willing to part with picks and young talent for those two. Good luck to ya. 

Edited by AndreSplash
  • Like 1

Vuc is a top 15 player who is 29 in his prime, with only moderate injury history, on a team that will be fighting for the playoffs.  That's about as good as it gets.  In a 30 team league he doesn't fit into a team, you fit the team to build around him.

Harris is a top 50 player who is 26 with no injury history.  Again you can't get much better than that.

I wouldn't expect to get a first overall pick out of either of them but I'd definitely require a lottery pick that I was happy about.  I'd ask for even more bc in a 30 deep, Vuc is a first rounder, and Harris a second.  That better fetch a haul or I'm holding. 

• Like 2

I would send out offers for a pick in the 3-8 range plus a top-60 to top-80 player for either of them. Of course, Vucevic will fetch you more, but both players are in their primes and have plenty of value, especially for contending teams.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I would keep both and build my team around them. But I don't know the rest of your team. The above post was not a bad idea - 3-8 in draft plus a player or two in the 60-80 range for each. You would probably need 6-7 quality NBA starters in a 30 team league to make the PlayOffs (8 team PlayOff).

• Like 1