NBC Sports Edge Forums

4 x 4 roto (we use K/BB instead of Ks, runs & RBI combined). Keep up to 8 for as long as you wish.

I’ve had a great team the last few years, it tanked early and I had some older, big names (JV, JD Martinez, Bryce) who I sold in a massive rebuild. 

Here’s my potential keeper list as of now:

Keeper options (2020 ages) 

Mookie Betts OF (27)

Cody Bellinger OF (24)

Trea Turner SS (27)

Juan Soto OF (21)

————————

Victor Robles OF (23)

Nick Senzel OF (25)

Corey Seager SS (26)

Keston Hiura 2B (23)

Jorge Polanco SS (26)

Austin Riley OF (23)

Lucas Giolito SP (25)

Brendan McKay SP (24)

Clayton Kershaw SP (32)

The top 4 are locks. I’m really hoping I can keep at least two of the pitchers, as pitching is extremely valuable and hard to come by. Which means I’ve got too many hitters. 

1) Any of those others you think are absolute keeps (Robles, Senzel, Hiura)?

2) Is Polanco as good (fantasy) as Seager without the name?

3) I’m looking to consolidate, do you think something like Senzel, Riley, & Seager is enough for Arenado (guy has like 3 keepers)?

4) Any other thoughts/ideas?

Thanks in advance, and happy to HIR.

Edited by Backdoor Slider
1 minute ago, Backdoor Slider said:

4 x 4 roto (we use K/BB instead of Ks, runs & RBI combined). Keep up to 8 for as long as you wish.

I’ve had a great team the last few years, it ranked early and I had some older, big names (JV, JD Martinez, Bryce) who I sold in a massive rebuild. 

Mookie Betts OF (27)

Cody Bellinger OF (24)

Trea Turner SS (27)

Juan Soto OF (21)

————————

Victor Robles OF (23)

Nick Senzel OF (25)

Corey Seager SS (26)

Keston Hiura 2B (23)

Jorge Polanco SS (26)

Austin Riley OF (23)

Lucas Giolito SP (25)

Brendan McKay SP (24)

Clayton Kershaw SP (32)

The top 4 are locks. I’m really hoping I can keep at least two of the pitchers, as pitching is extremely valuable and hard to come by. Which means I’ve got too many hitters. 

3) I’m looking to consolidate, do you think something like Senzel, Riley, & Seager is enough for Arenado (guy has like 3 keepers)?

1. Hiura is probably the top

2. Have to see how they finish out, Seager is probably better bet

3. I don't think that gets close to me. If it were the other way around would you do it? It would make no sense to me if I were the other owner to give up a precious keeper (top 10 player) for a gamble that guys can get to their potential. 

4. Depending on how they finish, I think Giolito and Kershaw are keepers.

• Thanks 1
52 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

1. Hiura is probably the top

2. Have to see how they finish out, Seager is probably better bet

3. I don't think that gets close to me. If it were the other way around would you do it? It would make no sense to me if I were the other owner to give up a precious keeper (top 10 player) for a gamble that guys can get to their potential. 

4. Depending on how they finish, I think Giolito and Kershaw are keepers.

Thanks. Think I agree with all of this. In regards to 3, I agree I probably wouldn’t do it. But he has an awful team and held Votto too long, until he had no value. So if I’m him I look to rebuild and turn Arenado into multiple keepers. 

Giolito

Kershaw

Hiura

Senzel

I don't mind Robles over Senzel if you want more speed. I just prefer Senzel's all-around ability to contribute in Roto.

SS is deep enough to where I don't even consider Polanco or Seager as keeper options, especially when you already have Trea.

• Thanks 1

1. Senzel, Hiura, Riley, McKay

2. I'm high on Polanco and am betting that he'll be better than Seager going forward.

3. To me, that's not enough for Arenado.

4. I want to say keep Giolito but I think he just got a lucky start to the year facing bad lineups.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Thanks. Think I agree with all of this. In regards to 3, I agree I probably wouldn’t do it. But he has an awful team and held Votto too long, until he had no value. So if I’m him I look to rebuild and turn Arenado into multiple keepers. 

I don't disagree that maybe moving him for multiple keepers is a bad idea, but I don't think those 3 make it close (for me at least). Senzel has kind of disappointed so far, and has had some injury history, Riley has extremely cooled off after a blistering start, and Seager cant seem to stay healthy.

For Arenado, respects to your team with keepers I would want: Hiura, Giolito, and one of your other guys (depending on what's on his team.) And if we are talking 2 guys (as I don't see a good 1 for 1, I would want something like Turner and Giolito/Kershaw). Giolito has yet to prove it over a full season and Kershaw is getting closer to aging out, yet still 4 years younger than Verlander 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I’ve had a great team the last few years, it tanked early and I had some older, big names (JV, JD Martinez, Bryce) who I sold in a massive rebuild. 

Mookie Betts OF (27)

Cody Bellinger OF (24)

Trea Turner SS (27)

Juan Soto OF (21)

————————

Victor Robles OF (23)

Nick Senzel OF (25)

Corey Seager SS (26)

Keston Hiura 2B (23)

Jorge Polanco SS (26)

Austin Riley OF (23)

Lucas Giolito SP (25)

Brendan McKay SP (24)

Clayton Kershaw SP (32)

1.  No.

2.  No way to know as Seager has trouble staying on the field.

3.  Not a chance.

4.  You have to see how things play out as a number of those guys are unproven.

I'm amazed that people are recommending Giolito and Kershaw as definite keepers too (just to balance out your team. They would be for me. I'd probably consider Senzel and Riley for the remaining two slots, but they aren't givens. 

Can you help with mine? 

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm amazed that people are recommending Giolito and Kershaw as definite keepers too (just to balance out your team. They would be for me. I'd probably consider Senzel and Riley for the remaining two slots, but they aren't givens. 

Can you help with mine? 

PS) If you're on the fence between Senzel, Robles, and Hiura I'd give the edge to Senzel if maintains his multi-position eligibility next season. Just something to think about. 

• Like 1