NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robby Anderson 2019 Outlook

13 minutes ago, genya said:

Sam Darnold home vs road career splits:

Home: 9 games, 15 TD, 12 Int, 245 Yards per Game

Road:  9 games,   8 TD, 12 Int, 192 Yards per Game

NYJ @ NYG or vice versa? Doesn't really seem like a road game for any team if you ask me...

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why would anyone hope for a trade? It takes time for a WR to develop with a new team and if Anderson goes to a competitor he would be a huge boom or bust week to week deep threat and that's it. Y

My prediction is he will nut in the eye of his adp this season

Demaryius 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, frog34 said:

NYJ @ NYG or vice versa? Doesn't really seem like a road game for any team if you ask me...

True, but Darnold seems to perform a lot better at home at MetLife Stadium, as opposed to, say, in Miami last week.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, cothane said:

No chatter on Robby. Seems to be finding a bit of a groove and has a couple nice matchups coming. 

I'm probably not starting him this week. Game feels trappy. Firing up next week vs Miami at home though. Robby, iirc, has produced better at home most of his career.

29 minutes ago, aapox said:

I'm probably not starting him this week. Game feels trappy. Firing up next week vs Miami at home though. Robby, iirc, has produced better at home most of his career.

Great insight btw , I just checked myself and seems like your’e right. All his boom games have been at home, makes sense since Darnold is more comfortable playing home games . I know Cincy blows, but this is an away game and he just blew up on Sunday. Odds are he busts this weekend , if theres any truth to this pattern lol 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, ribeye33 said:

Anyone starting this week?  Weak D 10 targets last week....... Hmmmmmm

Stacking Darnold and Robby with the winner of my matchup clinching 1st place and small $$ reward as such. Hard to argue with the process given recent performance of both Robby and opponents of Miami. They've been absolutely destroyed by big play WRs.

15 hours ago, Jrt80 said:

Picked this fool up in waiver. Starting him over OBJ and Calvin Ridley.  He’s bout to eat one time only, this Sunday.

You’re crazy to start over Ridley. Anderson is boom or bust. He may have a good game or Crowder may return to being the lead receiver this week, as he did the first game against Miami. 

2 hours ago, y2jbones said:

You’re crazy to start over Ridley. Anderson is boom or bust. He may have a good game or Crowder may return to being the lead receiver this week, as he did the first game against Miami. 

I don't think it's crazy at all. Maybe a gamble, sure, but not crazy. Miami gets less QB pressure than almost any team so there will be time for big plays to develop. Falcons have had trouble getting time for Ryan to throw all year.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Languistic01 said:

Robby looks like he's starting another strong end to his season. How confident are you guys rolling him out there against the Ravens?

Not confident at all.   If I didn't have decent WRs over him, I'd look very hard at the WW. 

24 minutes ago, Languistic01 said:

Robby looks like he's starting another strong end to his season. How confident are you guys rolling him out there against the Ravens?

Back to the bench. Might even send to waivers but might wait in case he shows decently against the ravens and then he’s an option for at home vs PIT. You have to feel good about his involvement closer to the LoS and especially when the game was up for grabs. 

6 hours ago, mtx said:

If John Brown did nothing against Ravens last week, we're probably expecting Robby to do exactly nothing against the Ravens too then right?? 

Most simply, yep! I wouldn’t be shocked if he had a half decent game but I definitely wouldn’t count on it. Seems like a 2 for 27 type game. 

1 hour ago, aapox said:

Most simply, yep! I wouldn’t be shocked if he had a half decent game but I definitely wouldn’t count on it. Seems like a 2 for 27 type game. 

Yup it’s a bust game incoming . Anything is possible on a given sunday don’t get me wrong. But the big thing here is week 16 vs PIT .So hopefully he doesn’t donut this week , which makes it harder to start him confidently the week after . I mean the Jets should be down early and big , so maybe all they do is pass once that happens. Who knows

I can't be the only one debating to start him or not. 

He had multiple great games so far with high yardage. But the Buffalo defense is brutal and the Jets oline got crushed by the Bengals last week. But he is their only real weapon if they need to score (and they will need to score). 

10 minutes ago, dorwell said:

I can't be the only one debating to start him or not. 

He had multiple great games so far with high yardage. But the Buffalo defense is brutal and the Jets oline got crushed by the Bengals last week. But he is their only real weapon if they need to score (and they will need to score). 

I’m in the same boat after getting hit with several of the WR injuries coming out of last week.

I don’t feel too great about it, but I don’t think it’ll be as quite as horrible as some of the others in here are predicting.

I’m guessing the Jets go down big early, LJ is still working toward solidifying his MVP bid (even though he’s basically already won it) so if he gets ahead of the Jets quickly they should be forced to switch to a heavy pass attack in the second half, in which case I think Robby could end up with a decent enough statline (for a WR3 that is...)

Or he could give us 24 yards and make us sweat it out until Sunday.

Edited by JDE

I'm out. Too risky. We've already seen him get shut out in bad matchups (see Patriots game). I'd rather risk sitting him with his small % of a good game than risk starting him and probably going into Sunday in a hole at WR.

You right though...I have been thinking about it. You just can't chase the points that came against crap defenses the past few weeks. This is not a team that has shown they can produce against great defenses at all. The only pro argument that is something that's changed is that their target tree has really narrowed, but I'm not sure it matters.

You really don't want to start a guy on the team with the lowest projected total on the week.