Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

I grabbed him in our Dynasty Rookie draft with the hope the Cowboys take a similar approach with Elliott that they took prior with Murray. Best case scenario he ends up being a feature back there in a coupe years. Not super likely, but I liked the potential upside.

9 hours ago, hard1 said:

Yeah despite the talk about him you have to just think he may only get handful of carries...

True, but with all the carries Zeke gets he’s more likely to get injured then timeshare backs. 

6 hours ago, Magoo said:

True, but with all the carries Zeke gets he’s more likely to get injured then timeshare backs. 

Yeah I agree... I'm actually shocked to read and hear things like this when zeke is their main guy... like really? You wanna possibly take him off the field.... remains to be seen...

• 3 weeks later...

Tony Pollard has a chance to provide real value in PPR leagues even if Zeke plays the whole season (which he probably will).  He caught 75 passes in his last two seasons at Memphis and was probably the best kick returner in the nation.  Dallas has been talking about ways to get him the ball.  It could be all hype (some people are comparing him to Kamara, which is really ridiculous), but there's upside here, and then you throw on top of it the uncertainty of the Zeke situation and it adds a little something. 

As a last-round pick in a draft you could do worse, especially in deeper leagues and/or leagues that reward return yardage.  In dynasty, look for him in the late 2nd round.

7 minutes ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Will he be THE guy to own if Zeke sits out the entire season? 

It would likely be Alf Morris. 

This guy would be more of a gadget guy and seeing as how they used (rarely used) Tavon Austin as a gadget guy that can also run routes I have zero faith in Pollard being someone I'd want to roster. 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This guy would be more of a gadget guy and seeing as how they used (rarely used) Tavon Austin as a gadget guy that can also run routes I have zero faith in Pollard being someone I'd want to roster. 

Please God not alred morris, he just doesn't want to retire I see .....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, MadMaxMariota said:

Will he be THE guy to own if Zeke sits out the entire season? 

I suspect he'd be the most valuable guy to own, but he wouldn't just replace Zeke's workload.  You really need to think of the value this guy can offer even if Elliott plays, and then think of that contingency as extra upside.

2 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

my feeling so far through the early part of camp on Pollard is, if Zeke isn't playing for however long this season, this will be a full blown committee and i bet you're right, Alf would start.  BUT i think the Cowboys view Pollard as more then just a Tavon type gadget.  They have given him a LOT of work at RB and he's been working with the 1's the past few days. Overall, he's had a pretty nice camp early on.  I think we would see Pollard take over almost all of the third down work and if he shows some juice, he could get early down work. I don't think Weber is ready or fits that type of role, and I'm doubtful Jackson makes the roster.  Pollard's pass pro hasn't been great in camp, so thats def concerning. But I'm not surprised given his college history and use previously; and at this time i simply don't see a player fit for a third down role outside of Pollard.  IF Zeke sits, Pollard is the only guy i'd consider rostering in redrafts as of today.  He's the only player i view that would have any sort of upside.  We should get a decent look at Pollard this preseason. 

Edited by BlakeP42
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

my feeling so far through the early part of camp on Pollard is, if Zeke isn't playing for however long this season, this will be a full blown committee and i bet you're right, Alf would start.  BUT i think the Cowboys view Pollard as more then just a Tavon type gadget.  They have given him a LOT of work at RB and he's been working with the 1's the past few days. Overall, he's had a pretty nice camp early on.  I think we would see Pollard take over almost all of the third down work and if he shows some juice, he could get early down work. I don't think Weber is ready or fits that type of role, and I'm doubtful Jackson makes the roster.  Pollard's pass pro hasn't been great in camp, so thats def concerning. But I'm not surprised given his college history and use previously; and at this time i simply don't see a player fit for a third down role outside of Pollard.  IF Zeke sits, Pollard is the only guy i'd consider rostering in redrafts as of today.  He's the only player i view that would have any sort of upside.  We should get a decent look at Pollard this preseason. 

That's fair and you're right. We'll see with time. 

If I'm drafting today I don't touch him with a 10 foot pole though. 

I imagine his ADP going to continue to skyrocket because of the natural "what if" of fantasy football players. 

"Do you want this boat or what's in this mystery box? It might even be a boat"

Bottom line he wasn't good enough to play consistent RB or WR in an AAC school. I'm a UH guy so I watched him some. He's a gadget guy to me. I honestly think he's a below average RB and WR and am frankly baffled he's seeing so much run right now. 

Alf is boring, but I'd take boring Alf in hopes of a 16 carry 64 yards and a TD game with maybe 1 reception for 7 yards. 

I get the temptation of the unknown though and won't fault anyone for going for it. 

I still am not convinced Zeke holds out though either. 

• Like 2

Wonder why no one is talking about this guy. Sure, he is no Zeke, but the Cowboys have a great O-Line, and in my opinion need to run the ball. From a fantasy perspective, how is this guy still only going in the 14th round? He worked with the 1's yesterday in their first preseason game and while no back really impressed, he still looked solid including a nice little cut back run for a first down. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000001040780/Tony-Pollard-dances-up-the-middle-for-first-down

• Like 1

It may be a negotiating tactic as the Cowboys are the ones initiating all this talk and not the fantasy beatwriters, but don’t you think Zeke is smart enough to understand that? Somehow I don’t think Zeke cares. Roster this guy for free right now and cut before the season starts if the situation warrants it. 

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Have him or Alf hit the 100s yet w/ ADP?

I'm looking at FPros and sill shows both in the 200s and 300s respectively.

I'm not sure we're there yet.  Most things I've read have Zeke resigning.