Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, kball09 said:

 

Eh, not sure I agree with that assessment. I take the sides of the RBs because hell, they're burning their best years at their lowest salary. Buttt, if I owned a team I wouldn't want to pay a guy 20 million if I can get 80% of his production from a rookie, and how exciting that guy is because he's the ball carrier shouldn't be a factor there IMO.

The NFLPA really needs to figure this out. This issue is going to become a yearly occurence at this pace.

 

Barkley holdout next offseason?   Doing it 3 years before his contract is up would beat Zeke..   they’ll ask for 20M/yr  😆 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

The odds of you getting a seasonlong difference maker in the 9th are very low. The odds of Pollard being a high-end RB2 for several weeks are very high. 

I agree that the odds of getting a season long difference maker in the 9th aren't very high. But I also think some of you are overestimating how many weeks Pollard will have RB2 value when there's nothing more than speculation going on right now in the media.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

I agree that the odds of getting a season long difference maker in the 9th aren't very high. But I also think some of you are overestimating how many weeks Pollard will have RB2 value when there's nothing more than speculation going on right now in the media.

It's educated guesses, I've been expecting Zeke to miss games for a long time now. Looks to me like you're going off as little (or less) information as I am. The same people that won't spend a 9th round pick on Pollard are the same people that will spend half of their FAAB on a running back in a week and a half.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

It's educated guesses, I've been expecting Zeke to miss games for a long time now. Looks to me like you're going off as little (or less) information as I am. The same people that won't spend a 9th round pick on Pollard are the same people that will spend half of their FAAB on a running back in a week and a half.

A lot of assumptions there. 

Going off of NFFC's ADP for the past few days, Pollard is going right around where Matt Breida is and some young upside WR's like Sutton and Gallup.

One of those guys needs someone to be holding out/injured to be playable. The others have the opportunity, youth, and upside to be solid contributors all season long.

I'd rather have one of the players in the latter group. Sounds like you and others would rather have Pollard. That's the fun of fantasy, we'll see how it shakes out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

A lot of assumptions there. 

Going off of NFFC's ADP for the past few days, Pollard is going right around where Matt Breida is and some young upside WR's like Sutton and Gallup.

One of those guys needs someone to be holding out/injured to be playable. The others have the opportunity, youth, and upside to be solid contributors all season long.

I'd rather have one of the players in the latter group. Sounds like you and others would rather have Pollard. That's the fun of fantasy, we'll see how it shakes out.

 

I think that ADP is "artificially" raised because Zeke owners are reaching for him.

I grabbed him in the tenth (135th pick or so, 14 teamer) and I have zero issue if I only get 3-4 weeks out of him, may try to trade him to the Zeke owner for an upgrade somewhere else, we shall see.

If he is going in the Breida range, I think I'd rather have Breida, but there's still an argument Pollard may have more startable weeks than Breida. Receivers like Gallup and Sutton? Eh, I think there will be those WR3 guys off the wire for most of the season, so I still go Pollard there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kball09 said:

 

I think that ADP is "artificially" raised because Zeke owners are reaching for him.

I grabbed him in the tenth (135th pick or so, 14 teamer) and I have zero issue if I only get 3-4 weeks out of him, may try to trade him to the Zeke owner for an upgrade somewhere else, we shall see.

If he is going in the Breida range, I think I'd rather have Breida, but there's still an argument Pollard may have more startable weeks than Breida. Receivers like Gallup and Sutton? Eh, I think there will be those WR3 guys off the wire for most of the season, so I still go Pollard there.

 

That's the draft capital you have to use to get Pollard if you want him. Nothing artificial about it. Unless you know you're playing in a league with casuals and can get him late.

League size and settings also come into play here. I play in 3 WR + Flex leagues, so guys like Gallup/Sutton are more appealing than those who play in shallower or 2 WR leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

...After week 1 I  had to spend a large chunk of my FAAB to scoop up Conner and while Conner salvaged my season the lack of FAAB funds during the season really screwed me over. 

 

7 hours ago, dakimbell said:

I too went all in with my FAAB on Conner...

 

Conner went undrafted in leagues last year?  LOL.  Make sure to beat Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to Pollard this season, folks...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

 

 

Conner went undrafted in leagues last year?  LOL.  Make sure to beat Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to Pollard this season, folks...

 

He was undrafted in a ton of smaller leagues. Everyone was convinced Bell was coming back.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

That's the draft capital you have to use to get Pollard if you want him. Nothing artificial about it. Unless you know you're playing in a league with casuals and can get him late.

League size and settings also come into play here. I play in 3 WR + Flex leagues, so guys like Gallup/Sutton are more appealing than those who play in shallower or 2 WR leagues.

 

Leagues are different. Some people have a lot of leaguemates that reach, some don't. But sure, casuals yada yada yada

And I play in only 3WR leagues, I just don't believe in Gallup or Sutton. The format isn't what makes them appealing or not.

Edited by kball09
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

 

 

Conner went undrafted in leagues last year?  LOL.  Make sure to beat Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck to Pollard this season, folks...

Ok chief, you fantasy stud you. Yea so believe it or not not everyone drafts at the same exact time of the year as you, so things change in a hurry. Also, things like roster size and league size vary widely league to league. I’m sure your mind is blown so I’ll let you absorb it all and take it in.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

 

Barkley holdout next offseason?   Doing it 3 years before his contract is up would beat Zeke..   they’ll ask for 20M/yr  😆 

 

 

Why not hold out this year.  I mean he has top 2 pick pedigree(higher then Zeke) and only makes 1.9 mil.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, youngrice said:

Why not hold out this year.  I mean he has top 2 pick pedigree(higher then Zeke) and only makes 1.9 mil.

Sucks to even be talking about this... ruins my perception of some of these guys when it becomes all about the money and not fun and team...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Sucks to even be talking about this... ruins my perception of some of these guys when it becomes all about the money and not fun and team...

 

When it comes to the NFL, it has to be about money. If Zeke broke his leg tomorrow he would be not worth the money he's asking for, or if he had a career ending injury. He's playing it smart, even if it comes across as selfish. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

 

When it comes to the NFL, it has to be about money. If Zeke broke his leg tomorrow he would be not worth the money he's asking for, or if he had a career ending injury. He's playing it smart, even if it comes across as selfish. 

Fair enough...but he deserves every bit of criticism shown his way. He only cares about more money ( keep in mind he is already makes a lot of money). He is just crying for more because the kid next to him has more. Zeke is just a crying kid in a sandbox. I hope pollard is elite and no team ever pays zeke as that would be sweet justice

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

I agree that the odds of getting a season long difference maker in the 9th aren't very high. But I also think some of you are overestimating how many weeks Pollard will have RB2 value when there's nothing more than speculation going on right now in the media.

 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, GriffeySwag said:

An RB2 for 5-6 weeks is his best case scenario. A handcuff that will never see your starting lineup is his floor.

I prefer a guy who can be a season long difference maker and will be relevant in the fantasy playoffs with my 9th round pick.

I don't get the credit I deserve on these boards.

Edited by GriffeySwag
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

 

I don't get the credit I deserve on these boards.

You get exactly as much credit as you deserve on these boards. I'll be dropping Pollard now (who I got at 116), just as you'll be dropping your 9th rounder in a couple weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

You get exactly as much credit as you deserve on these boards. I'll be dropping Pollard now (who I got at 116), just as you'll be dropping your 9th rounder in a couple weeks. 

😂

I like my chances a lot more than the guy you and many others wasted a mid round pick on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

what are the chances pollard eats into zekes passing opportunities? new OC might use zeke a little differently considering he had a career High in receptions is that the new norm or back to the 30 catches area? 

Edited by nyda88
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...