NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

Pollard won't get workhorse carries.. remember, they have a new OC. Kellen Moore is going to want to open things up. They have talked a lot about attacking downfield more. Pollard may only get 10-12 carries, but his value will come with another 5-6 catches.

• Like 1
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Problem is you have to make a decision on DMont Thursday night.  And if Zeke happens to sign before Sunday, you could be screwed.

In my personal case I have both DMont and Michel, so if Zeke is not signed by Thursday night, I will sit DMont. Worst case is I play Michel (which I’m considering anyways) if Zeke signs.

If the decision is DMont, Pollard, or some scrub then that’s a little bit more difficult decision. But if Zeke isn’t signed by Thursday night, it seems highly unlikely that a deal is getting done and he’s suiting up for Week 1. I could be wrong on that and open to differing viewpoints. Don’t rosters have to be set by a certain date or am I wrong on that?

Edited by gufomel
1 minute ago, gufomel said:

In my personal case I have both DMont and Michel, so if Zeke is not signed by Thursday night, I will sit DMont. Worst case is I play Michel (which I’m considering anyways) if Zeke signs.

If the decision is DMont, Pollard, or some scrub then that’s a little bit more difficult decision. But if Zeke isn’t signed by Thursday night, it seems highly unlikely that a deal is getting done and he’s suiting up for Week 1. I could be wrong in that and open to differing viewpoints. Don’t rosters have to be set by a certain date or am I wrong on that?

What would you do with DMont, Pollard, and Fournette?

5 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Problem is you have to make a decision on DMont Thursday night.  And if Zeke happens to sign before Sunday, you could be screwed.

All depends on when Ezekiel signs. If he in in the building and signs by Tuesday, there is a good chance he could play Sunday. Every day after that, I would think, majorly decreases the likelihood he would be ready to go week 1.

I think Ezekiel knows this hence why the "24 to 36 hours" statement made earlier today.

3 minutes ago, Chardo said:

What would you do with DMont, Pollard, and Fournette?

Only start 1? I would start Fournette because of guaranteed touches. I couldn’t pull the trigger to play Pollard over him.

If it’s 2, then I think need to hear/research more about possibilities of Zeke signing and playing after Thursday night. It seems like that’s far fetched. I would probably be starting Fournette and Pollard.

Edited by gufomel
8 minutes ago, gufomel said:

If the decision is DMont, Pollard, or some scrub then that’s a little bit more difficult decision. But if Zeke isn’t signed by Thursday night, it seems highly unlikely that a deal is getting done and he’s suiting up for Week 1. I could be wrong on that and open to differing viewpoints. Don’t rosters have to be set by a certain date or am I wrong on that?

Not 100% sure, heard though if Zeke does not sign by end of day Wednesday , he's not eligible play this weekend 

Edited by Sean Tambo
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Sean Tambo said:

If Zeke does not sign by end of day Wednesday , he's not eligible play this weekend 

That’s what I thought. In that case for the question above if Zeke is not signed by Thursday night, I would be starting Fournette and Pollard (over DMont).

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

That’s what I thought. In that case for the question above if Zeke is not signed by Thursday night, I would be starting Fournette and Pollard (over DMont).

If I'm assured on Thursday that Zeke will not play, that's probably what I will do.

17 minutes ago, Wize1 said:

Pollard won't get workhorse carries.. remember, they have a new OC. Kellen Moore is going to want to open things up. They have talked a lot about attacking downfield more. Pollard may only get 10-12 carries, but his value will come with another 5-6 catches.

Might be right...

But...does Alvin Kamara get workhorse carries?  He's still pretty good.

One telling thing for me is that I think Pollard played every snap that Prescott played in pre season.  I agree he won't see 20 carries or something.  But preseason signs point to Pollard being heavily involved.

He should see 10-15 carries with the chance for a handful of catches.  He's a high RB2 IMO with Zeke out.  

Looks like it's safe to say, Pollard is now officially droppable today....Unfortunate, he does look like he can play the part...

P.S. Cowboys are INSANE to give Zeke this mega deal contract!!

Insane.....

Edited by Sean Tambo
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Looks like it's safe to say, Pollard is now officially droppable today....Unfortunate, he does look like he can play the part...

Insane.....

Has there been anything but rumors announced so far with Elliott?  Until then I wouldn't do anything.

Edited by Hawkeye21
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, Sean Tambo said:

Insane.....

I wouldn't drop him whether you have Zeke or not, still has value on the bench in case Zeke gets hurt.