NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Not that it couldn’t happen but I don’t think Zeke has ever been injured so Pollard being a handcuff seems like a wasted bench spot once Zeke is confirmed back. 

I think Pollard sees a little more action than other Cowboys RB's the past few years though.

I mean, if Zeke signs this extension, the Cowboys might want to try harder to protect their investment and not overwork Zeke as much.  Like the previous poster said, Zeke was banged up down the stretch last year.  I think they'll be a little smarter with him.  I could see Pollard having Austin Ekeler type flex value when he was behind Gordon.

• Like 4
  • Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

2 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Yes let's nit pick what I said as if Zeke doesn't have off the field issues and can't ever get suspended either, that possibility could never happen. Pollard is an elite cuff right now, and please tell me what other options could I possibly get on the waiver wire? Other than maybe justice hill? Even then I don't understand how could justice hill be on the waiver wire unless your on a low bench 10 team league or low bench in 12 team.

If you are in a league with Justice Hill on waivers, you aren't in a real league so do what you want anyways lol. I took Hill in the 12th. Pollard was drafted in our league too. Hes a worthless draft pick unless you own Zeke or you have like 12 bench spots. I can give you 4-5 better choices off the top of my head if you are just looking for a backup RB who MIGHT play this year. Elite cuff? Please. McCoy is  one hell of a better choice right off the top.Darrell Henderson, Justice Hill, Adrian Peterson, Ito Smith, Rsahaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Mike Davis....all of these guys are going to see touches and may end up taking the job from the starter. ZERO chance Pollard takes Zeke's job. Hes riding the bench. Again, terrible choice. 

Edited by Dexter75
3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

If you are in a league with Justice Hill on waivers, you aren't in a real league so do what you want anyways lol. Pollard was drafted in our league too. Hes a worthless draft pick unless you own Zeke or you have like 12 bench spots. I can give you 4-5 better choices off the top of my head if you are just looking for a backup RB who MIGHT play this year. Elite cuff? Please. McCoy is  one hell of a better choice right off the top.Darrell Henderson, Justice Hill, Adrian Peterson, Ito Smith, Rsahaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Mike Davis....all of these guys are going to see touches and may end up taking the job from the starter. ZERO chance Pollard takes Zeke's job. Hes riding the bench. Again, terrible choice. 

Thank you for not reading my statement, McCoy just became a better choice literally a few days ago since he's on the chiefs lmao, none of those rbs are on the wire like at all, like I said Zeke has many other possibilities of not playing this year, faking an injury, actually getting injured or getting suspended, cuff the man, and you cuff Williams when it could be a full rbbc and you'll be making decisions on who to start every week lul 

Thanks for being captain obvious as well, duh no s--- he's not taking the job from Zeke, and Zeke isn't signed yet either, so Pollard ATM is still a flex rb2 play right now lol

Mike Davis taking the job from Montgomery lul

Go to sleep you've been up to long 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

If you are in a league with Justice Hill on waivers, you aren't in a real league so do what you want anyways lol. I took Hill in the 12th. Pollard was drafted in our league too. Hes a worthless draft pick unless you own Zeke or you have like 12 bench spots. I can give you 4-5 better choices off the top of my head if you are just looking for a backup RB who MIGHT play this year. Elite cuff? Please. McCoy is  one hell of a better choice right off the top.Darrell Henderson, Justice Hill, Adrian Peterson, Ito Smith, Rsahaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Mike Davis....all of these guys are going to see touches and may end up taking the job from the starter. ZERO chance Pollard takes Zeke's job. Hes riding the bench. Again, terrible choice. 

He literally said he can't see Justice Hill being on any wire unless its a shallow league lol. Even still, no need for the superiority league complex everyone seems to have. Not everyone's league is the same with auctions only expert guru elder sharps.  I wouldn't go into a standard scoring league hoarding ppr darlings nor would I hoard up and coming talent in a short bench redraft league. As long as there's enough active owners, it's a real league.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Elite cuff? Please. If you are in a league with Justice Hill on waivers, you aren't in a real league so do what you want anyways lol. Pollard was drafted in our league too. Hes a worthless draft unless you own Zeke or you have like 12 bench spots. I can give you 4-5 better choices off the top of my head if you are just looking for a backup RB who MIGHT play this year. McCoy is  one hell of a better choice right off the top.Darrell Henderson, Justice Hill, Adrian Peterson, Ito Smith, Rsahaad Penny, Royce Freeman, Mike Davis....all of these guys are going to see touches and may end up taking the job from the starter. ZERO chance Pollard takes Zeke's job. Hes riding the bench. Again, terrible choice. 

Many leagues do have like 12 bench spots.  The guys you list have the same zero chance as Pollard of taking the job without injury.  But if any of them should get the call, they will become part of a committee or will be far worse than Pollard would be.  Don't understand your hate for him.  He is truly an elite cuff.

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Many leagues do have like 12 bench spots.  The guys you list have the same zero chance as Pollard of taking the job without injury.  But if any of them should get the call, they will become part of a committee or will be far worse than Pollard would be.  Don't understand your hate for him.  He is truly an elite cuff.

I would much rather have any of the names I mentioned above over Pollard. At least they will see touches and have a legit chance at an increased role. Two things Pollard has zero chance of. Sorry if you drafted him.  If he's sitting on waivers and you have like a 3rd kicker, sure, drop the kicker and pick him up. 

Edited by Dexter75

Better yet, you could've said Ryquell Armstead with Fournette not able to last a full season and I probably wouldn't have a good comeback, people have drafted already and took Pollard early with the way things were a few weeks ago or a week ago. It's still very early and Pollard had great flashes with the 1's this preseason, I don't fault anyone for holding onto him if they do/don't have zeke

• Like 1
Just now, Dexter75 said:

I would much rather have any of the names I mentioned above over Pollard. At least they will see touches and have a legit chance at an increased role. Two things Pollard has zero chance of. Sorry if you drafted him. 

I have a deep enough league (12 teams, 20 players each) where I'm happy to have him, even if I never get to use him.  I never start players who are just gonna "see touches".  I draft lottery tickets like Pollard.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I would much rather have any of the names I mentioned above over Pollard. At least they will see touches and have a legit chance at an increased role. Two things Pollard has zero chance of. Sorry if you drafted him.  If he's sitting on waivers and you have like a 3rd kicker, sure, drop the kicker and pick him up. 

Did you say 3 kickers...?

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

BREAKING: Tony Pollard has zero chance at touches. Let's circle back to this statement.

Zeke signs he'll see the field... Jerry isn't assn up to let him sit... I'm shocked they'd give him that long and large though.. rbs just aren't worth it... especially when one's like Pollard pop up... but zeke will play as soon as he signs... afterall he's been training in Cabo

34 minutes ago, CooL said:

Welp. What happened to Jerry saying they wouldn’t set the market?

12.9 million average isn't quite setting the market... As a Cowboys fan, this worked out better than I expected it to basically just because the length passes the eye test of a huge contract but if he doesn't perform towards the end of it they either cut him or he takes a pay cut to stay a Cowboy for life. I've heard it was 45 mill and 50 mill guaranteed. Either way they have him locked up in his prime years and option to keep him him even longer. I like the Cowboys doing the long contracts... Always seems like a much better deal in a few yeas as the salary cap significantly increases. As long as you don't miss and give the wrong player the 6+ year contract. 

1 minute ago, Freeballin&Sprawlin said:

12.9 million average isn't quite setting the market... As a Cowboys fan, this worked out better than I expected it to basically just because the length passes the eye test of a huge contract but if he doesn't perform towards the end of it they either cut him or he takes a pay cut to stay a Cowboy for life. I've heard it was 45 mill and 50 mill guaranteed. Either way they have him locked up in his prime years and option to keep him him even longer. I like the Cowboys doing the long contracts... Always seems like a much better deal in a few yeas as the salary cap significantly increases. As long as you don't miss and give the wrong player the 6+ year contract. 

I’m no Mathematician....but isn’t 6/90 $15M AAV?    Not that he gets all of it but that’s the potential.   Haven’t heard guarantees yet.  

Cowboys signed Ezekiel Elliott to a six-year, $90 million contract extension.

The deal includes a whopping $50 million guaranteed. Zeke's $15 million annually not only surpasses Todd Gurley's previous league-high mark of $14.375 million per year, it officially makes the 24-year-old Cowboys star the league's all-time highest-paid runner and ties him to Dallas through the 2026 season. Archer reports Elliott will be on the field practicing Wednesday, but there's been no word on any limitations or timeshare as he settles back in post-Cabo holdout. Assuming he's good to go for Sunday, Elliott is a clear-cut top-five fantasy option in Dallas' season opener against the Giant

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Freeballin&Sprawlin said:

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

I’m no Mathematician....but isn’t 6/90 $15M AAV?    Not that he gets all of it but that’s the potential.   Haven’t heard guarantees yet.  

$50 million guaranteed $15/m a year