NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

18 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Jerry's comments today definitely make me think Zeke is going to miss some regular season games.  How high can Pollard go?  For anyone set to draft in the next few days, how high are you willing to take him?  I'm a Zeke owner (it's a keeper league) in PPR, and already thinking he's probably worth at least a 6th.  I don't think Zeke will pull a Le'Veon or anything, but missing 6 or 7 games could definitely be in play.  My league includes return yardage too, so that could be an extra bonus with Pollard.

Had 2 drafts last night, Yahoo. 12 team and a 16 team league. Had 3rd spot in 12 teamer and 16th spot in larger league. 

Grabbed Pollard in the 8th round in both leagues for perspective. I hope Zeke holds out the entire year LOL ! 

• Thanks 1

I hope Pollard gets starts as it would definitely help me in beginning of the season but I still can't help but think Elliott will be playing week 1. 

Much like last season with Conner, if I get one week it's fantastic, if it lasts longer I have a guy that will be locked in my lineup. 

18 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Nothing, just people trying to drive up the price of a guy who will be on waivers in a few weeks.

Fantasy football is all about piecing together a team week to week. If Pollard can be an RB2 for 5-6 weeks until zeke returns then why it that a bad thing? If he performs well he would make for a top handcuff when zeke does come back. 

• Like 3
Just now, corey_rideout said:

Fantasy football is all about piecing together a team week to week. If Pollard can be an RB2 for 5-6 weeks until zeke returns then why it that a bad thing? If he performs well he would make for a top handcuff when zeke does come back. 

An RB2 for 5-6 weeks is his best case scenario. A handcuff that will never see your starting lineup is his floor.

I prefer a guy who can be a season long difference maker and will be relevant in the fantasy playoffs with my 9th round pick.

1 minute ago, GriffeySwag said:

An RB2 for 5-6 weeks is his best case scenario. A handcuff that will never see your starting lineup is his floor.

I prefer a guy who can be a season long difference maker and will be relevant in the fantasy playoffs with my 9th round pick.

Well yeah, no crap. But I'd rather have a locked in RB2 for 6 weeks with my 9th pick than the mediocre talent available there that *might* break out. Have half the season to find value once he goes back to the bench.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Well yeah, no crap. But I'd rather have a locked in RB2 for 6 weeks with my 9th pick than the mediocre talent available there that *might* break out. Have half the season to find value once he goes back to the bench.

To each his own. 

8 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

To each his own. 

If you have a locked in 9th rounder that you KNOW will be solid all year and through the playoffs, I completely agree with you, to be clear. But name me a sure thing in the 9th round 😕 I'll take the points where I can get 'em. Sorry for the no crap comment ;)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Grumption said:

I just picked this dude up on the wire for free, hopefully he is usable the next few weeks. Anybody pick this dude up for just trade bait?

I took him obscenely late in the draft, was expecting the Zeke owner to take him for at least four or five rounds but I kept seeing better picks.  It might have been the 16th round I took him finally.

19 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I took him obscenely late in the draft, was expecting the Zeke owner to take him for at least four or five rounds but I kept seeing better picks.  It might have been the 16th round I took him finally.

that Zeke owner is a tool. 

reminds me of last year when the Bell owners kept playing chicken w/Conner in all 3 of my drafts ... i sniped JC in all 3 - two 'chips, one semifinal exit for me, BUPKIS for them. 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Same here. Got him in the 15th round in a draft this past weekend (Facebook Fantasy Football group). Would've thought they would have been in tune with everything going on with Zeke.

RW Forum > Facebook Fantasy Football Group

• Like 1
1 hour ago, GriffeySwag said:

Yeah I can’t agree with this. How many 9th round picks end up still being on your team at the end of the season? I would say at least a 50% drop rate, unless you hit the lotto with somebody like Mahomes last year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Grumption said:

I just picked this dude up on the wire for free, hopefully he is usable the next few weeks. Anybody pick this dude up for just trade bait?

I drafted him as trade bait since I have 3 strong RB starters already.  

I’m considering offering him to the Zeke owner, but wondering if I should wait until it’s obvious the holdout will extend past Week 1.

What do people think his trade value is right now?

Edited by SkinsChargersFan
1 minute ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m considering offering him to the Zeke owner, but wondering if I should wait until it’s obvious the holdout will extend past Week 1.

If it's anything like how Bell owners valued Conner last year, not much.  I tried to trade Conner, and trade for Bell, and the owner wasn't doing either.  Glad he didn't try to trade me Bell as I would have given up something of value for him early last year.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As someone said before, the Zeke owner will typically not trade for Pollard if you get him early.  There's just this emotional thing going on there.  If you draft Pollard and then immediately try to trade him to the Zeke owner, the Zeke owner will assume you sniped Pollard from him just to screw him over.  He'll dig his heels in.  If he was planning on taking Pollard in the 10th and you grab him in the 8th, he'll only offer you his 10th round pick.  That's what I would do, anyway.

Very hard to make this work.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

As someone said before, the Zeke owner will typically not trade for Pollard if you get him early.  There's just this emotional thing going on there.  If you draft Pollard and then immediately try to trade him to the Zeke owner, the Zeke owner will assume you sniped Pollard from him just to screw him over.  He'll dig his heels in.  If he was planning on taking Pollard in the 10th and you grab him in the 8th, he'll only offer you his 10th round pick.  That's what I would do, anyway.

Very hard to make this work.

Yeah, at this point the Zeke owners won’t give you jack for Pollard because they are hoping Zeke comes back. And even if he doesn’t, they’re not going to give you anything of value for something you got for free. Of course though, it’s league dependent. I know in mine that a trade offer would get completely ignored and I wouldn’t even get the courtesy of a response. So I’m prepared to use Pollard when and if I can as an RB2 or flex.