NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, CooL said:

Yeah, at this point the Zeke owners won’t give you jack for Pollard because they are hoping Zeke comes back. And even if he doesn’t, they’re not going to give you anything of value for something you got for free. Of course though, it’s league dependent. I know in mine that a trade offer would get completely ignored and I wouldn’t even get the courtesy of a response. So I’m prepared to use Pollard when and if I can as an RB2 or flex.

Agreed, I just wanted to gauge thoughts on this.  

I’m thinking about waiting until right before Week 1 and offering him a package for an upgrade... something like Cam + Pollard for Aaron Rodgers, or Godwin + Pollard for JuJu.

Since I’m already strong at RB, I’d rather cash in for something/anything before Zeke signs and I end up cutting him.  I don’t expect this to be a Conner/Bell situation like last year.

• Like 1

Zeke owner here.  I started feeling a lot more nervous yesterday and traded for Pollard in my 14-team work league.  

For those who care: I gave up Curtis Samuel for Pollard and Darren Waller (TE premium PPR league).

I didn’t want to give up Samuel, but he was my 8th round pick which seems to be about where Pollard is going. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Agreed, I just wanted to gauge thoughts on this.  

I’m thinking about waiting until right before Week 1 and offering him a package for an upgrade... something like Cam + Pollard for Aaron Rodgers, or Godwin + Pollard for JuJu.

Since I’m already strong at RB, I’d rather cash in for something/anything before Zeke signs and I end up cutting him.  I don’t expect this to be a Conner/Bell situation like last year.

Yeah, that's the way I am thinking about it also. I think it's more than fair, though you may not get someone to take it until they lose a matchup or two.

5 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

Zeke is going to sit out for about 6 weeks, thank God I cuffed him

Why 6 weeks?  If he is really gonna sit out wouldn't he sit 10 games.  Then comes back for the final six to get credit for the season.  

35 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

On the Zeke thread I read this..

Under the Joey Galloway arbitration precedent from nearly 20 years ago, a player under contract gets credit for the contract year by playing in eight games.

Q.  What constitutes an “accrued season”?

A.  Six or more regular-season games on a club's active/inactive, reserve/injured or reserve/physically unable to perform lists.

NFL free agency FAQ.

This is de java after drafting Bell and Conner in the twelfth last season. Here I am with Zeke and Pollard. As an added bonus I decided to go Gurley with Henderson too... yes on the same team. :) 

No worries this is just the low money work league. Not sure what happens in my cabbage league.

On 8/29/2019 at 8:45 AM, GriffeySwag said:

An RB2 for 5-6 weeks is his best case scenario. A handcuff that will never see your starting lineup is his floor.

I prefer a guy who can be a season long difference maker and will be relevant in the fantasy playoffs with my 9th round pick.

The odds of you getting a seasonlong difference maker in the 9th are very low. The odds of Pollard being a high-end RB2 for several weeks are very high. 

Last year I had Leveon Bell as a keeper. Was uber confident he would report Week 1, Week 2, definitely by Week 6 so i stubbornly passed on Conner as a Handcuff in my Auction. After week 1 I  had to spend a large chunk of my FAAB to scoop up Conner and while Conner salvaged my season the lack of FAAB funds during the season really screwed me over. 

Lesson learned. If I get any shares of Elliot I will DEFINITELY be scooping up Pollard. He looks legit and Alfred Morris is toast so  you could be getting James Conner 2.0. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Last year I had Leveon Bell as a keeper. Was uber confident he would report Week 1, Week 2, definitely by Week 6 so i stubbornly passed on Conner as a Handcuff in my Auction. After week 1 I  had to spend a large chunk of my FAAB to scoop up Conner and while Conner salvaged my season the lack of FAAB funds during the season really screwed me over. 

Lesson learned. If I get any shares of Elliot I will DEFINITELY be scooping up Pollard. He looks legit and Alfred Morris is toast so  you could be getting James Conner 2.0. 

I too went all in with my FAAB on Conner, but still picked up some great assets just churning and scouring the free agent/waiver ($0 bid) pool, trying to hit the jackpot. It takes some luck, but it's feasible. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is this guy an auto start over someone like Coleman or duke or other 5th rounders in the range? I would believe so but it's a divisional game. What's his value when he's starting? Top-18 option?

Any running back behind that line is an auto start in fantasy 

3 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Someone at Yahoo must be a Zeke owner because Pollard is still protected to get 0 points. They haven't even uploaded his picture. The disrespect.

Yahoo is always late to change the projections. They won’t change anything until Elliott or Gordon don’t report next week. Maybe Wednesday they’ll update the projections.