NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tony Pollard 2019 Outlook

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

Posted Images

Just now, miasma16 said:

NyMetsfan do you really need 2 accounts posting in the Tony Pollard thread 👀

lmao it really does seem that way huh.. just another passionate fan like me that's all. And he's right btw on top of it

9 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Lmao this guy is trash and is gona get stuffed by the Giants defense in week one. Jerry will break out the American Express Gold card for zeke immediately after the game and say goodbye to JAG POLLARD

Giants have one of the worst defenses in the league, expect a bit game from Pollard Week 1

8 minutes ago, Ryedog1987 said:

I'm gonna laugh when he stinks it up week 1. Saquads Barkley is gonna run all over Dallas then Jerry be dialing up Zeke begging. Just watch

You know Pollard doesn't play defense, right? I don't think Jerry's gonna decide he needs to bring in Zeke to fix the Dallas run defense. 

Just now, BIGFATPANDA said:

Word on the streets he’s ALF is the starter. Pollard is a JAG

It's really not. That was expected about a month ago, before Pollard had a really good preseason. It's also pretty ridiculous to be pumping Alfred Morris while calling Pollard a JAG. 

• Like 1

If I'm Zeke I'm hurrying back before people realize that the Cowboys O-line is a large part of the success. Don't get me wrong, Zeke is a top 5 NFL back and that's being conservative. But my personal belief is that the cowboys have spent so much on their o-line that you can make an average back become an above average back. End of the day the cowboys need Dak to make another leap. If he does, along with that o-line and the weapons they have at WR, I think Tony Pollard will be more than capable of handling the cowboys RB spot.

BTW, the cowboys spent a 4th round pick on this kid. This isn;'t some flyer in the 7th round or a practice squad guy. They invested a bit in him and clearly had him rated really high internally. 

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

If I'm Zeke I'm hurrying back before people realize that the Cowboys O-line is a large part of the success. Don't get me wrong, Zeke is a top 5 NFL back and that's being conservative. But my personal belief is that the cowboys have spent so much on their o-line that you can make an average back become an above average back. End of the day the cowboys need Dak to make another leap. If he does, along with that o-line and the weapons they have at WR, I think Tony Pollard will be more than capable of handling the cowboys RB spot.

BTW, the cowboys spent a 4th round pick on this kid. This isn;'t some flyer in the 7th round or a practice squad guy. They invested a bit in him and clearly had him rated really high internally. 

Agreed with this. I think you can make an argument (I probably wouldn't) that Zeke is still the best back in the league just because of what an incredible pass blocker he is. At the same time, with that line, there's a very good chance that the running game is still fantastic without Zeke, and public perception may make people think that he's not worth very much money. He's actually one of very few running backs in the league I'd be willing to extend after a rookie deal.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

Agreed with this. I think you can make an argument (I probably wouldn't) that Zeke is still the best back in the league just because of what an incredible pass blocker he is. At the same time, with that line, there's a very good chance that the running game is still fantastic without Zeke, and public perception may make people think that he's not worth very much money. He's actually one of very few running backs in the league I'd be willing to extend after a rookie deal.

Completely agree. The system is broken for the RB position. The most exciting position in football should be compensated. 

However, the argument at hand is whether or not Pollard can hold down the position and my belief from what I have read and considering the o-line factor is that he will be able to...

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

I remember the Bell owners calling James Conner a JAG last year...

For some reason people still don't think highly of conner.  Just read article yesterday ranking him 10th at RB and that he is a average talent in a good offense.  I was impressed with him before the injury derailed his season.

27 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

Completely agree. The system is broken for the RB position. The most exciting position in football should be compensated. 

However, the argument at hand is whether or not Pollard can hold down the position and my belief from what I have read and considering the o-line factor is that he will be able to...

Hasn't it been proven that it's one of the positions that's actually not all that hard to replace for a team?  That has to factor in a lot.

44 minutes ago, corey_rideout said:

The system is broken for the RB position. The most exciting position in football should be compensated. 

Eh, not sure I agree with that assessment. I take the sides of the RBs because hell, they're burning their best years at their lowest salary. Buttt, if I owned a team I wouldn't want to pay a guy 20 million if I can get 80% of his production from a rookie, and how exciting that guy is because he's the ball carrier shouldn't be a factor there IMO.

The NFLPA really needs to figure this out. This issue is going to become a yearly occurence at this pace.

Edited by kball09
13 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Eh, not sure I agree with that assessment. I take the sides of the RBs because hell, they're burning their best years at their lowest salary. Buttt, if I owned a team I wouldn't want to pay a guy 20 million if I can get 80% of his production from a rookie, and how exciting that guy is because he's the ball carrier shouldn't be a factor there IMO.

The NFLPA really needs to figure this out. This issue is going to become a yearly occurence at this pace.

Won't somebody think of the fullbacks!

• Haha 2