NBC Sports Edge Forums

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am starting him so I can drop OJ Howard to fill in a bye week defense.  If he gets zero (out), fine with me.  That's what I expect from OJ.

Lol. Come eat your crow. 

You and anyone else are welcome to use my promotional write up that I just shared with my league:   Tired of your busted tight end? Are you worrying about eating a zero or if Jeremy Sprinkle

Posted Images

I'd be very surprised if he played this week. It'd also be tough to start him unless your waiver option is someone like Fant. That said, I don't think this recovery, timeline wise, could've possibly gone better. 

6 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Well if he's practicing this week I would say there is a chance he could play. It's Wednesday and he's practicing. The arrow is pointing up right now. If he gets in a full day on Thursday or Friday i think he plays. 

I like how you think my friend!!!

Tight end is difficult every year unless you get the known elite and they perform or you land massive luck later. 

I think Hunter Henry will if fully healthy be reliable. A safe start that shouldn't hurt you. But if he's not fully healthy he is as big a risk as any random waiver TE

4 hours ago, owenmills said:

He got dropped and I'm probably going after him to replace my Delanie Walker. Wow TE is trash this year

that's what I did. i just dropped Delanie Walker I am actually going into this weeks matchup without a tight end because of it. He was available and i didnt want to wait until better news came out because to try to get him off waivers i would be close to last on that list. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LacesOut said:

think Hunter Henry will if fully healthy be reliable. A safe start that shouldn't hurt you. But if he's not fully healthy he is as big a risk as any random waiver TE.

I'd go even further. If fully healthy he's a top 5 TE.

How he's still on waivers in some leagues given the recent news is mind-blowing to me, but needless to say if he is, pick him up. 

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

Dropped Herndon for him and own Waller. Really hope he plays so I don't have to drop someone for a bum one week te

Im the same boat 😪 if that doesn’t pant out i might have to roll with Ricky seals jones yuck. 

I doubt Henry plays tho 😐 they wouldn’t want to rush him due to his history. 

From Rotowire...

Henry (knee) remained limited at practice Thursday.

Spin: That Henry was able to log another limited practice session implies that things went well for him in his return to the field Wednesday. It remains to be seen, however, if the tight end is a candidate to return to action this weekend against the Steelers, with Friday's final Week 6 injury report hopefully adding clarity on that front, especially given the team's 8:20 ET kickoff Sunday night.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

He could get a few red zone looks. I have Waller on bye and TE's in a 12 man are death. I'm just hoping for a random touchdown. 

i'm in the same situation.

i would much rather gamble on a possibly limited hunter henry instead of picking up a 3rd TE, like fant or higbee, who will likely bust anyway.