NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Hunter Henry 2019 Outlook

smeeze

38 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Who’s selling him/trading for him? And what are you gauging for a return? 

I’m almost reluctant to try and trade him because he looked great in game, but it is sometimes more annoying playing a guess who game when 2 TEs are rostered.. (like Waller and Him)

I picked him up 2 weeks ago anticipating his return.  He may never be worth more than he is right now coming off that monster game.  I'm looking to move him too and fill some needs elsewhere (I have Andrews) so this is a curious question for me too.  TE is a wasteland this year so I'd imagine someone out there is willing to pay a fair price for Henry.  I'll let you know what the markets like.  Please do the same.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I picked him up 2 weeks ago anticipating his return.  He may never be worth more than he is right now coming off that monster game.  I'm looking to move him too and fill some needs elsewhere (I have Andrews) so this is a curious question for me too.  TE is a wasteland this year so I'd imagine someone out there is willing to pay a fair price for Henry.  I'll let you know what the markets like.  Please do the same.

You might want to hold on to him until at least week 8 since Andrews will be on bye. Not to mention he's been battling some injuries as of late. Just a thought.

24 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

So a guy ranked as high as 5th at the position comes back from injury, drops 8-100-2, and people are looking to sell high?  In the immortal words of Colonel Jessup, from A Few Good Men, "I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way."

Most people seem to be in a similar situation, which is that they already have a solid TE. Now, we could obviously opt to keep Henry, but the principle is more of a matter of seeing what value he (or whomever else) holds and if it is worth it to trade away to bolster up another part of the roster.

I loved seeing what I saw from him Sunday night, but it is hard to gauge from that overall awful performance by LAC

21 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Most people seem to be in a similar situation, which is that they already have a solid TE. Now, we could obviously opt to keep Henry, but the principle is more of a matter of seeing what value he (or whomever else) holds and if it is worth it to trade away to bolster up another part of the roster.

I loved seeing what I saw from him Sunday night, but it is hard to gauge from that overall awful performance by LAC

He was the target on Rivers' first pass of the game on a seam route, that's all I needed to see.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, csv2209 said:

Who’s selling him/trading for him? And what are you gauging for a return? 

I’m almost reluctant to try and trade him because he looked great in game, but it is sometimes more annoying playing a guess who game when 2 TEs are rostered.. (like Waller and Him)

Not me. I’m selfishly hanging onto him. As weak as the TE spot is, having two good ones during the byes and as injury insurance is gold. Even if you never start him, you’re keeping him away from your leaguemates and forcing them to start a crappier tight end.

• Like 3

Since I've also got Engram, I'm holding. Both have been a bit injury prone, so this way I ensure that I've always (*knock on wood*) got at least one elite TE and I can aways FLEX the second.

That said, I am trying to make a move for Kittle or Kelce (for Engram+ or Henry+), and if I'm able to get one of them locked down, I'd then look to move the other for an upgrade elsewhere.

Ultimately, the top 3-4 teams most years seem to always have an elite TE, so I'm not risking not having one.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Even if you never start him, you’re keeping him away from your leaguemates and forcing them to start a crappier tight end.

Exactly. If you can get great value that improves your team alot sure ship off HH but sometimes people are too quick to do that with their depth and don't realize they may be helping another team far more than theirs. I know the general rule is you want to just worry about your team but you also don't want to gift other teams studs just because you don't think you'll use them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gufomel said:

Looks like the only top TE they’ve gone against is Hooper though, so I wonder how much that impacts the rankings. Hooper went 9/130 though so that’s a good sign. 

If anything, I’d think that would skew the rankings towards indicating they may be even weaker against TE. If weak a$$ TE’s can produce against them, then good ones should do even better. I suppose the counter, is that they haven’t felt the need to game plan against TE’s, but I think the former argument is more likely. 

2 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

If anything, I’d think that would skew the rankings towards indicating they may be even weaker against TE. If weak a$$ TE’s can produce against them, then good ones should do even better. I suppose the counter, is that they haven’t felt the need to game plan against TE’s, but I think the former argument is more likely. 

Yea you’re right. I’ve had my coffee this morning so I don’t have an excuse. 

7 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

Looks like Njoku, Ebron, and O’Shaughnessy all scored TDs against the Titans in the 1st 3 games of the year, so that plus Hooper’s yards are probably what’s primarily driving the Titans poor ranking vs TEs. Always working with small sample sizes in this type of analysis, so were those TDs flukes or is there a structural reason for them?

I think the main thing is whether HH is now a focal point of the Chargers’ offense. We’re about to find out...I’m likely rolling with HH over Waller this week. 

Edited by gufomel