Austin Ekeler 2019 Outlook

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

all the non owners watching this thread rn:  

"Don't cry because it's over.  Smile because it happened."  -Dr. Seuss Thanks for the amazing run, Austin.

Makes me feel old when you have to explain who Brian Westbrook was....

Posted Images

On 10/2/2019 at 5:18 PM, MrPositive said:

Right about what? That Cmac and Ekeler are the same physically lmfao. Ekeler wasn’t even drafted, benched 225 once (CMac 10 times), and is at least 10-15 pounds of muscle smaller than CMac. The only thing they had the same is their 40 time 4.48. Some of you Ekeler owners are losing your minds and I own Ekeler. Haha

I knew this sounded like BS. He benches 380 and is known as a workout warrior. 

Edited by MKO3090
  • Like 3
25 minutes ago, MKO3090 said:

This guy squats 500 and benches 380 at his frame is insane. Now I understand how he handles all those hits. Now I’m not much of a bettin man but I would bet that’s more than Gordon can do. 

• Like 2

I loved all the two back looks they gave with Ekeler lining up as a receiver and then going in motion.  Very curious to see the snap counts, seemed like he was on the field a lot.

The only games I want no part of would probably be Chicago and Minnesota.  Otherwise it looks to me like everything else has possibility.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 10/4/2019 at 9:29 PM, MKO3090 said:

Man, @MrPositive just straight up lying. WTF. Should get thread bans for that.

Anyway. Ekeler aint going anywhere. RB2 rest of the year imo.

43 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I loved all the two back looks they gave with Ekeler lining up as a receiver and then going in motion.  Very curious to see the snap counts, seemed like he was on the field a lot.

The only games I want no part of would probably be Chicago and Minnesota.  Otherwise it looks to me like everything else has possibility.

I loved the two back set as well since I own both Gordon and Ekeler now and started both. My other RB was Aaron Jones, so I didn't even need Gordon or Ekeler today. Interested to see if there will be a clear starter once Gordon is ready or if they will look like this ROS. 

Just now, Dexter75 said:

I loved the two back set as well since I own both Gordon and Ekeler now and started both. My other RB was Aaron Jones, so I didn't even need Gordon or Ekeler today. Interested to see if there will be a clear starter once Gordon is ready or if they will look like this ROS. 

Still frustrating. I had to sit Gallup because of this issue. I hope it becomes clear soon what direction they are going with the touches.

I expect it'll be a clear split dependent on gameflow. Gordon will be the main runner, minor receiver. Vice versa for Ekeler. The good news, the Chargers defense is bad so they'll be passing a lot. The bad news, I'm not expecting many goal line TD plunges from Ekeler. 

11 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Still frustrating. I had to sit Gallup because of this issue. I hope it becomes clear soon what direction they are going with the touches.

Play Melvin when they should have a lead against a bad run defense (accepting that this was an outlier against a desperate team when he was still getting his sea legs, and moving on).

Play both when they need to score a lot of points in a track meet.

Possibly play either against Chicago (although Josh Jacobs got it done, who knows?)

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MKO3090 said:

I expect it'll be a clear split dependent on gameflow. Gordon will be the main runner, minor receiver. Vice versa for Ekeler. The good news, the Chargers defense is bad so they'll be passing a lot. The bad news, I'm not expecting many goal line TD plunges from Ekeler. 

They'll be goal line catches - think less Michael Bush and more James White.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

Could have been better but he looks better than Gordon who won't be taking the reigns.

Why is it always Ekeler with goalline fumbles? Similar play happened last year.

I don't think he's gonna get any flak for that play. It was 4th and goal so it was TD or bust at that point anyways and he did everything he could to try to get in there. The other one was bad, but it only happened once.

In the bigger picture, I still think Gordon is the guy and a borderline RB1 in a few weeks. Ekeler will still have standalone value as a RB2 in PPR and flex in Standard, because Rivers loves to throw to him, but the days of 10+ carries are gone with MG back.

im an ekeler believer but 4 receptions for 40 yards was from the last drive in the game for garbage time....so in .5 ppr our day would be around 8.5 points for the day which included the fumble. in my league fumble -2 so we had a 10.5 point day otherwise...its not terrible at all but not great either....got no choice but to roll him out there but wont be thrilled about it

Could have been better but he looks better than Gordon who won't be taking the reigns.

It was a 4th down end of half situation. There was literally no risk for going all out and risking ball security in the situation to try and extend the ball to score. 

• Like 1
Just now, Power-O said:

im an ekeler believer but 4 receptions for 40 yards was from the last drive in the game for garbage time....so in .5 ppr our day would be around 8.5 points for the day which included the fumble. in my league fumble -2 so we had a 10.5 point day otherwise...its not terrible at all but not great either....got no choice but to roll him out there but wont be thrilled about it

Are u kidding me?  He’s the man in the Chargers passing game.  

He might as well have gone for it.   4th down and the half was expiring.  There’s no sense in playing it safe there.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

He might as well have gone for it.   4th down and the half was expiring.  There’s no sense in playing it safe there.  

part of it is nerves man...lost this week so i am possibly overthinking this....i mean look if he would have gotten the TD instead of the fumble i wouldnt be as worried lol That play they ran on the fumble was dumb....the OLB was unblocked on the edge...they didnt pull a guard to at least have a lead blocker so ekeler didnt have much of a choice

Imo this will go down as one of the better games Ekeler will have in the remaining season. You still roll him out as RB2 or flex in PPR obviously. But once Gordon has shaken off the rust, which could be in a week or two, you basically have a pure 3rd down checkdown artist.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1
On 10/4/2019 at 9:55 PM, StevenSC400 said:

This guy squats 500 and benches 380 at his frame is insane. Now I understand how he handles all those hits. Now I’m not much of a bettin man but I would bet that’s more than Gordon can do. 

He also does 1 handed pullups.  Not the kind you see the Brotein Boys doing in the gym where their second hand is on the wrist of their dominant hand but legit only one arm.

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what people were expecting here? I mean, the guy is playing real life football and trying to score with no time left. And he got 15 receptions, who cares that some was in "garbage time". Outside of Keenan Allen, he's the best WR they have left. I have Gordon and I kind of hate now that he's even in the picture.