NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

smeeze

Just now, UNLEASHED said:

Read somewhere that the starting LT was out of the game and Hockonson was left in as a blocker mostly, as he is one of the best run blocking TE’s in the game. Going forward, I would bench if their are injuries on the o-line. Definitely don’t drop.  

gift and the curse of being a great blocking TE

he sees the field all the time, but often times they need his blocking much more than his route running

blah

I am not worried at all about the goose egg this week, every single TE not named Kelce will put up at least a couple of goose eggs throughout the season.  Hock has already shown he has the potential to have some awesome weeks like he did in week 1.  That potential alone will have him in my lineup all season and I will just roll with the good, the bad and the ugly.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

I drafted both OJ Howard and Hockenson.  Isn't it so great that both of these guys are being used as blocking TE's.  Get those playmakers Brate and James out there....

Same spot but i have high hopes 9ne if not both are top 5 TEs

On 9/17/2019 at 1:52 PM, Islanderman said:

I drafted both OJ Howard and Hockenson.  Isn't it so great that both of these guys are being used as blocking TE's.  Get those playmakers Brate and James out there....

Not sure if this is sarcasm about Jesse James but... He has 33 yards on the year? Don't see him as anything at all

2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

So what’s the current take on this guy? Is he a good buy low after last weeks dud or do we expect more inconsistency all year? 

I expect more inconsistency.  He’s a talented rookie tight end on a team with solid receivers.   I wouldn’t buy low but I would definitely scoop him up off waivers if he was dropped

On 9/17/2019 at 2:06 PM, Krambone said:

The stupid Lions thought to use him as a decoy and throw to James.. lol how Detroit of them. James running like Frankenstein looks terrible 

James caught the pass that sealed the win.  How dare they exploit defensive mismatches to win a game while ignoring your personal fantasy football desires.