T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this last Sunday 😁

Glassford? Has played every game since '11. Dude played through a broken back AND dealing with off the field issues. His wife had brain cancer.  

Cancer

Posted Images

10 hours ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Bum. Picked up this guy just so I could start him during Kittle’s bye (was looking ahead to Hock’s KC matchup next week). Now I’m thinking I’ll be better off just taking the zero. At least I could use his roster spot to pick up Darrel Williams or someone potentially useful instead.

Still a good spot for Kittles bye.

Vs KC

I'm rolling him out with confidence 

Edit: hopefully he blows up, then can sell

Edited by SadFaceHappy
1 hour ago, matthew berry said:

Very interesting piece of information:

Hockenson had a missed touchdown in the back of the end zone.  He also had a drop in front of the goal line.  He could have very easily ended up with 2 touchdowns. 

but he didn't and left us with back to back donuts. Hard to stare at that week after week on this offense

Call me crazy but I actually may start him this week over Greg Olson. Hes going against the Cheifs who have given up the most points TE's. If Detroit has any hope of winning this game Stafford is gonna have to air it out. While they're are alot of mouths to feed, I could see TJ slipping through coverage a few times and getting in the endzone. I'd be shocked if he had another goose egg. 

Man fantasy football can make you drink.  I have Hockenson and Howard.  I still don't know who's worse at this point.  And Tampa is at the Rams this week who's been great on D.  Initial thoughts are they will probably shutdown Evans and Godwin and that will leave Howard.  But how much do I trust that.  I might go with Hockenson for some upside.  As has been said, the Lions are going to have to throw in this game.  But if I do go with Hockenson this will be the last shot. Our league has a short bench so I'd have to drop Hockenson to pickup Herndon.

23 hours ago, Guwop said:

but he didn't and left us with back to back donuts. Hard to stare at that week after week on this offense

What happened doesn't really matter right now. All that matters is what he will do in future weeks. If he is getting multiple RZ targets, that's a good sign going forward. Would I feel comfortable starting him this week? Hell no. But in one of my leagues with Kittle I am likely rolling him out in a good matchup against the Chiefs in a game with a 54 O/U. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, wideopen21 said:

What happened doesn't really matter right now. All that matters is what he will do in future weeks. If he is getting multiple RZ targets, that's a good sign going forward. Would I feel comfortable starting him this week? Hell no. But in one of my leagues with Kittle I am likely rolling him out in a good matchup against the Chiefs in a game with a 54 O/U. 

Me too.

Feel pretty good about it. 

We'll see what happens 

2 hours ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Filling in for Kittle’s bye week. I could do worse.. right? 

I'm doing the exact same thing. I feel good about it in large part due to the KC at home matchup. This is a put up or shut up moment for Hock, and he will be the easiest of cuts if he can't do anything here. I have faith he can atleast muster a 4/60 type line. Fingers crossed for a TD in a high scoring game.

Edited by CitizenJ

come on, y'all

TE is the same tragically thin wasteland it's always been. beyond the elite tier and the relatively reliable second tier, nobody can be faulted for a dearth of steady targets. Hockenson certainly can be in the target-healthy second tier with the likes of Greg Olsen and Mark Andrews... but isn't really that far behind with the likes of Will Dissly and the ghosts of Vernon Davis and Jason Witten. 

he's TD dependent... just like most other TE's in existence lol