NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Can't grab if he's not on schedule to doesn't play unfortunately. 

A difference making TE might be worth a stash.

• Like 1
  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this last Sunday 😁

Glassford? Has played every game since '11. Dude played through a broken back AND dealing with off the field issues. His wife had brain cancer.  

Cancer

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

He's practicing today, but limited.  Still in protocol.  Getting in limited practices is part of the process of getting out of protocol, so I'd say this is good news.  Definitely nothing definitive, but he's pointing in the right direction.  Keep monitoring.

AND in full helmet and pads today baby LETS GET THIS MONEYYYYYY

• Thanks 2

Honestly given the state of affairs at the TE position, there's no way Hock belongs on any waiver wires. Just pop over to the OJ Howard thread where there are sad owners (myself included) who have no choice but to keep rolling out OJ because the streaming options are just that weak. 

If nothing else, Hock makes for trade bait once he has another good game or two. There's always someone who is desperate at TE, especially once the heavy bye weeks hit. No one really wants to start Jack Doyle, even if it's only one week. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, collucho said:

Guy was just dropped. Bouta put a claim in and drop Vance McDonald if it looks like he's gonna suit up for MNF.

Or if he's not.

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, collucho said:

I have Waller I don't need either of em past this week. 

Since we're in the Hockenson thread I'm just gonna say it - I'd rather have him than Waller ROS. 

Waller had that one monster game but otherwise hasn't topped 70 yards and doesn't have a single TD yet. I think they will have a similar number of receptions and yardage the rest of the way, but I think Hockenson will have more TDs rather easily. 

• Like 3
43 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Since we're in the Hockenson thread I'm just gonna say it - I'd rather have him than Waller ROS. 

No offense, but you're insane. Outside of the Cards who I could light up, he's had 5 catches for 35 yards, in THREE WEEKS. 

I completely understand how he's been dropped in leagues. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Waller had that one monster game but otherwise hasn't topped 70 yards and doesn't have a single TD yet. I think they will have a similar number of receptions and yardage the rest of the way, but I think Hockenson will have more TDs rather easily. 

Also have both and I prefer Waller for the safe floor especially in ppr, Hockenson has a floor of 0.  I'm not sure the reception and yardage will be there since the Arizona game, he has had 5 catches for 35 yards and 1 TD. 

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

No offense, but you're insane. Outside of the Cards who I could light up, he's had 5 catches for 35 yards, in THREE WEEKS. 

I completely understand how he's been dropped in leagues. 

2 minutes ago, idtran said:

Also have both and I prefer Waller for the safe floor especially in ppr, Hockenson has a floor of 0.  I'm not sure the reception and yardage will be there since the Arizona game, he has had 5 catches for 35 yards and 1 TD. 

We'll see what happens. If all you're looking at is the box score I could see why you would think Hockenson completely disappeared weeks 2 and 3 and wasn't involved in the gameplan. If you watched the games or did some research you might realize that he had several red zone looks in Week 3 and nearly had a couple TDs. He stepped out of the end zone before a touchdown catch and had two other well-defended end zone targets.

In week 4 he had 3/27/1 in less than three quarters, and the play he got injured on was another red zone play designed to get him the ball and let him pile up YAC. He's going to see plenty of targets and he's going to be a red zone beast. Stafford already looks for him and there seem to be a few plays designed to get him the ball every week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree he has TD upside, but I can't agree on the targets and yardage claim you made as he has barely been targeted outside of the redzone.  I hope he gets more involved in the passing game, but right now Waller is a much safer play in PPR.

58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Who would want a TE who scores lots of touchdowns?  Gimme a safe and sane 5-55 type any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

He has 2 in 4 games, we're not exactly talking Gronk here. And Waller has BADLY outproduced him this year. Not to mention Golladay is a better redzone option for them. For a guy with a ton of targets playing virtually every snap, the TDs will come, for a guy extremely TD dependent, well, he's extremely TD dependent. 

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Hockensen has upside, but the better tight end add this week is Henry. It looks like he's trending in the direction and might play. 

By a friggin' landslide. I'd argue Everett is a better add as well. 

4 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Hunter probably has a little edge over Hockenson, but I'd take Hock over Waller or Everett ROS

I just can't wrap my head around this. In standard, MAYBE, but obviously most leagues are PPR nowadays. Waller has been heavily involved, and he's putting up monster numbers minus the TDs. Volume is what you want. TDs eventually come. 

1 hour ago, Watch_Yo_Back said:

Henry and Hock over Waller?? On what planet?

46 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I just can't wrap my head around this. In standard, MAYBE, but obviously most leagues are PPR nowadays. Waller has been heavily involved, and he's putting up monster numbers minus the TDs. Volume is what you want. TDs eventually come. 

You're right, I didn't realize how much volume Waller was really getting.  After taking a 2nd look I have to agree.  Although I still wouldn't be surprised to see them finish about equal at end of year.

With that said, official report isn't out yet, but the beat reporters are saying Hock appeared to be a full participant today.  He would still need to be cleared by an independent neurologist, but it looks like he's going to play on Monday.

Edited by JJ1223
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

You're right, I didn't realize how much volume Waller was really getting.  After taking a 2nd look I have to agree.  Although I still wouldn't be surprised to see them finish about equal at end of year.

With that said, official report isn't out yet, but the beat reporters are saying Hock appeared to be a full participant today.  He would still need to be cleared by an independent neurologist, but it looks like he's going to play on Monday.

Yea, "full go" per reports today.

11 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Woot!!