Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just this last Sunday 😁

Glassford? Has played every game since '11. Dude played through a broken back AND dealing with off the field issues. His wife had brain cancer.  

Cancer

Posted Images

I’m guessing he’s a little more a decoy this game. They rarely play guys coming off concussion that are still questionable by Sunday, unless trying to pull some coverage off receivers. Jones and Golladay could have bigger games than usual.

Edited by MrPositive
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I’m guessing he’s a little more a decoy this game. They rarely play guys coming off concussion that are still questionable by Sunday, unless trying to pull some coverage off receivers. Jones and Golladay could have bigger games than usual.

This is where I am for this week with Hock - doubt they’re going to be peppering him with work. Probably a bigger blocking game. Maybe they try to get him more work in space and in one-on-one situations. His talent makes him a no doubt Red Zone option. He’s a decent play this week.

Definite shot to crack 12 points and finish as a top-5 TE this week, but don’t expect more than 5/6 targets.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an opportunity to score a TD on a screen, but fell a yard short. 
Had another opportunity when he caught a TD, but dropped it when he came down. 
This is why we’re holding him, cause his red zone targets, but he really needs to capitalize on these opportunities. Same thing happened in week 2 or 3, can’t remember. 
I hope he doesn’t get put in the dog house cause of this and a bounce back game next week. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Bum (fantasy wise) living off of a week 1 explosion being a TE and those "almost TD's" he can't seem to haul in each week. 

 

Sure, but going forward (which is all i care about), any talented TE that gets 6 targets and 2 RZ targets is going to be a useful fantasy option. 

If you have one of the top 6/7 tight ends he probably isn't worth a roster spot. But I'll bet he puts up numbers in the 7-10 tight end range rest of season. That's worth something to a lot of people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

 

Sure, but going forward (which is all i care about), any talented TE that gets 6 targets and 2 RZ targets is going to be a useful fantasy option. 

If you have one of the top 6/7 tight ends he probably isn't worth a roster spot. But I'll bet he puts up numbers in the 7-10 tight end range rest of season. That's worth something to a lot of people.

 

Actually it depends.  TE is so thin right now even if you have one of the top 6/7, it might be worth to hold him away from the competition starving for points at the position.  Or at the very least hold to make a trade later to someone who's hurting for someone after he gets back into sync and has a good game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Had an opportunity to score a TD on a screen, but fell a yard short. 
Had another opportunity when he caught a TD, but dropped it when he came down. 
This is why we’re holding him, cause his red zone targets, but he really needs to capitalize on these opportunities. Same thing happened in week 2 or 3, can’t remember. 
I hope he doesn’t get put in the dog house cause of this and a bounce back game next week. 

 

I'd imagine that he wouldn't coming off of a concussion and being far more talented than certified Dad Runner(TM) Jesse James.

The dropped TD was a play where DET lined up him out wide 1-on-1 and gave him a jump ball that he should have been able to hold on to. They're not going to be calling those types of plays for James.

I remain optimistic about him because of his red zone looks like you said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

So he was this close to two more TDs? That beats my other options, frankly.

 

Yes he should have had two TDs.  He seemed to be on a limited snap count though?  

Does anyone know what his snap count was before the concussion?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another missed touchdown in this game-this time on a poor Stafford throw that bounced right in front of him. Ugh. 

On one of MJJ’s TDs, he also looked like he beat his man up the seam but Stafford threw it to MJJ on the outside. 

Feel like he will have at least one more blowup game this season, but who knows when. 

Edited by Jmiller21kg
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sticking with him. I've learned the hard way over the years that yanking a guy in and out of the lineup (when you have no clearly better alternative) will only ensure you miss the good games. 

You can drive yourself mad trying to chase points at the TE position. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m always feeling good about him. The problem is besides week 1 his output is meh, it doesn’t help he has dropped a few tuddies. I’m sure he can’t get worse and if his snap count is rising I’d say you could be doing a lot worse. So many TE underperforming and underutilized it’s turning into a coin flip with anyone outside the top 2 or 3 TE. I’m going With Jonnu Smith over him but if Walker is back I’ll be swapping with Hockenstien

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...