NBC Sports EDGE Forums

T.J. Hockenson 2019 Outlook

smeeze

This was a perfect matchup. The Lions still project to be run-heavy with a poor OL, so they'll also need him to block A LOT, and he's the 3rd passing option.

With that said, if he has another good game next week I think I'll change my mind. He's obviously a stud, just in what projects to be a bad situation.

1 hour ago, RustyMiller said:

Kittle 2019?

Got Kittle for $5 last year in a $200 auction too.

I had a sneaking suspicion this might happen, but thought it would take a few weeks. Still only one week's evidence, but that was really, really impressive. Only problem now is that this is the league where I drafted Kelce 😊. This might be the first year ever I consider playing a TE at FLEX.

My instinct is to wait and see for a week or so, but his schedule looks pretty darn nice (I stand to be corrected). A couple more weeks like this and he'll be awesome trade bait at the absolute worst.

2 hours ago, Singing in Dwayne said:

This was a perfect matchup. The Lions still project to be run-heavy with a poor OL, so they'll also need him to block A LOT, and he's the 3rd passing option.

With that said, if he has another good game next week I think I'll change my mind. He's obviously a stud, just in what projects to be a bad situation.

Lions favorite game is keep away from Kerryon.  Where do you get that they’ll be run heavy?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Lions favorite game is keep away from Kerryon.  Where do you get that they’ll be run heavy?

The Cardinals threw the ball almost 60 times. It was up-tempo. The lions were forced to play that way. Whoever plays the Cardinals every week are going to be in these fast tempo games. Try to play anyone against the Cardinals. More snaps and more plays.

Edited by montgrove
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, montgrove said:

The Cardinals threw the ball almost 60 times. It was up-tempo. The lions were forced to play that way. Whoever plays the Cardinals every week are going to be in these fast tempo games. Try to play anyone against the Cardinals. More snaps and more plays.

True, if Lions line is so awful though will they even be able to run ball effectively?  Seems like short passing game and quick strikes might be as beneficial?

i got engram, oj howard, cook in 3 of my leagues but i'll be looking to add this guy. to either keep or trade off one of my TE's. he's a manager's gift for those that waited and got vance mcdonald, trey burton etc. as their TE.

Edited by brosephd

10 hours ago, brosephd said:

i got engram, oj howard, cook in 3 of my leagues but i'll be looking to add this guy. to either keep or trade off one of my TE's. he's a manager's gift for those that waited and got vance mcdonald, trey burton etc. as their TE.

Yea this is the problem right?  You watch the performance and you've got Engram in a league, Hunter Henry in another, Austin Hooper in another and you wonder...do I add/drop for one of these guys (all 3 of my leagues run extremely tight rosters on purpose...WW work is key to winning these leagues so carrying 2 TE's is usually pretty tough).  

He looked good for sure...gonna ponder this all week till WW deadlines.

My dilemma is I play in a league where TEs are not required. I have him on the roster in case he blew up, but have to decide if he is consistently outperforming any particular WR on my squad all of whom are boom or bust at that point in the depth chart. He goes off again next week and I'll probably have him starting week 3. 

7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Anyone actually watch?   The stats and targets look great.

Was he clearly part of the offense?  Or was it a bunch of last option throws?

It's hard to imagine 9 targets being fluky but you never know.

It was not fluky. Stafford also looked for him plenty and is probably going to the main reason you see a resurgence with Stafford as a consistent 300 yard passer like he's been throughout his career.  Just look at the highlight reel. He looks like the next Kelce,Gronk and Kittle of the league.

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The middle of the field should be wide open all year. Golladay, Amendola, and Jones all need to be accounted for. Lions have some serious weapons on this offense and there defense sucks enough for them to be involved in plenty of shootouts. This whole run first persona coming into the year is a joke considering what Stafford has to throw to.