NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook

The speed and raw talent was always there.  Now he’s got more experience in the offence and knows his routes.  And if game one is any indicator Dak is throwing more and more precise when he does.  I think Gallup is a startable WR2 rest of season with a high ceiling.  

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be able to run at 100%, no. But to be able to gallop at 100%, yes.

if you look at his last 4 games, you'll see he had a pretty gaudy 14/250/2 stat line and he almost had a 3rd TD, but he got tackled at the 2 yard line.  Not expecting him to produce at that level for

Still think he will lead the team in red zone targets by end of the year. We already know he is the deep threat but he is being targeted short a lot. I think he was also the first read in 4/7 targets. They want to get him the ball. Add all these things and I have no problem starting him as a wr2.

8 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Still think he will lead the team in red zone targets by end of the year. We already know he is the deep threat but he is being targeted short a lot. I think he was also the first read in 4/7 targets. They want to get him the ball. Add all these things and I have no problem starting him as a wr2.

This is an interesting point--regarding the RZ targets, his end zone fade skills are very impressive. Really, he demonstrated polish on the entire route tree--which was the only thing that gave me slight apprehension about his ceiling.

With Dak taking a step forward, top CBs tied to Amari, Zeke always keeping the box heavy and a possibly dynamic coordinator...

I am seeing Juju v2.0...time to get really excited guys

• Like 3

I am seeing some steady volume this week, with a heck of a good chance he breaks free for a long one? Norman locked up on Amari will allow Gallup to operate on weak DBs most of the afternoon and Desean got loose last week. I am sorta amazed there is such little chatter on this break-out WR?!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I am seeing some steady volume this week, with a heck of a good chance he breaks free for a long one? Norman locked up on Amari will allow Gallup to operate on weak DBs most of the afternoon and Desean got loose last week. I am sorta amazed there is such little chatter on this break-out WR?!

I dunno this feels like a get up early then feed Zeke type game to me.  But I am also surprised there’s not more buzz in this thread.  So much potential with this guy and on an elite club offence to boot.  

Elliott had 14 total touches in week 1, which will probably be a season low. They also won a blowout against a clown show of a team.

Gallup is really good, but he's probably a sell high candidate. Someone above made a Juju comp. That's a pipe dream. This is still a run first offense and Gallup is the clear number 2 WR. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Elliott had 14 total touches in week 1, which will probably be a season low. They also won a blowout against a clown show of a team.

Gallup is really good, but he's probably a sell high candidate. Someone above made a Juju comp. That's a pipe dream. This is still a run first offense and Gallup is the clear number 2 WR. 

Apparently you didn't watch last weeks game. Kellen Moore is going to spread the ball around. Imagine when Elliott starts getting fed. This is going yo be a really good offense this year. Elliott, Cooper, and Gallup are gonna eat this year.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I actually wouldn’t be shocked to see Gallup take the number one slot from Coop this year or at least have it be an even split.  And I’m a Cooper owner so it’s not just wishful thinking.  I wouldn’t sell him.  It’s possible this team has two viable WR this year.  Dak is going to throw more and Gallup will likely be the best deep threat he has.  The kid is really good.  

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lla887 said:

I actually wouldn’t be shocked to see Gallup take the number one slot from Coop this year or at least have it be an even split.  And I’m a Cooper owner so it’s not just wishful thinking.  I wouldn’t sell him.  It’s possible this team has two viable WR this year.  Dak is going to throw more and Gallup will likely be the best deep threat he has.  The kid is really good.  

6 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Apparently you didn't watch last weeks game. Kellen Moore is going to spread the ball around. Imagine when Elliott starts getting fed. This is going yo be a really good offense this year. Elliott, Cooper, and Gallup are gonna eat this year.

It's possible, and I agree that Gallup is really good. I don't know about Dak suddenly becoming a legit elite QB1, because that's what would happen if this offense is going to be as good as you guys are suggesting.

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's possible, and I agree that Gallup is really good. I don't know about Dak suddenly becoming a legit elite QB1, because that's what would happen if this offense is going to be as good as you guys are suggesting.

I get the hesitation. Dak has always had the skill. I know it was against the Giants but this is still the NFL. As a Cowboy fan I was excitee as all get out last week. I have been wanting an offense like that for years. Time will tell if it becomes a weekly occurence but I am stoked.

52 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Agree with this.  It’s early but he looks like he has the same skill set as Cooper.  Can move him anywhere.   But he may have better hands and deep speed.  Which is also why I still like Cooper a lot.  I think Gallup continues to get the deep routes while Cooper gets a ton of short targets.   

Not worried about Zeke taking away touches at all.  In fact, if they’re smart, they shouldn’t want to overuse him if they don’t need to.   Especially after paying him the big money.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with this.  It’s early but he looks like he has the same skill set as Cooper.  Can move him anywhere.   But he may have better hands and deep speed.  Which is also why I still like Cooper a lot.  I think Gallup continues to get the deep routes while Cooper gets a ton of short targets.   

Not worried about Zeke taking away touches at all.  In fact, if they’re smart, they shouldn’t want to overuse him if they don’t need to.   Especially after paying him the big money.

Bingo.  Cooper is the better route runner but Gallup has better wheels.  I like Coop a little better in PPR but in standard it’s pretty even to me.  I think they’re both going to have good years.  

Edited by lla887
13 hours ago, K197040 said:

I think all of Gallup’s targets were short except the deep throw to the sidelines. Rest were slants where he seemed to be the first read in 4 of them. He is the deep threat though so hopefully he will start getting targeted there.

Fabian Moreau is doubtful and Quinton Dunbar DNP and looks like he’s trending down. Norman typically doesn’t shadow but Gruden had him shadow Jeffery last week. If Norman is on Cooper, Gallup will be facing 3rd string cbs. Last week, Moore and Dak were targeting the rookie CB, Baker, and since Moore seems like he knows what he’s doing...expect them to pick on the other CBs.

TLDR: Gallup going crazy this week

Edited by ellie826
  • Like 1

I'm glad to have taken him late in both leagues. Taking away play calling from Garrett I believe will turn this team into a Super Bowl contender. Gallup's skills will be on full display now while under Garrett, only 1 WR was really able to shine fantasy wise. Enjoy the ride.

I realize he was a late round flyer but this is unfortunate news. He really seemed to be emerging as a solid WR2, and now we're realistically 5 weeks from being comfortable starting him again. In a 10-teamer with shallow benches and byes coming up I could see some people being forced to drop him. 

• Like 1