Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Michael Gallup 2019 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be able to run at 100%, no. But to be able to gallop at 100%, yes.

if you look at his last 4 games, you'll see he had a pretty gaudy 14/250/2 stat line and he almost had a 3rd TD, but he got tackled at the 2 yard line.  Not expecting him to produce at that level for

11 minutes ago, JoesPros said:

Is he droppable?

I think you gotta ride it out now that we already have for half the absence. That said, if we knew this was gonna be a six week absence the second the news broke, he would've been a drop. This or next week would've been when he got scooped back up, so personally I'd hold now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean is it all that shocking that he has some swelling in a knee that he just had surgery on? I know it is a minor operation, but even minimally invasive surgeries would come with some swelling, I'd think? I'd guess he just overdid some range of motion stuff or jogging/running on it. Just rest up and resume your break out year in a few weeks kid!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

From RW blurb

 

Quote

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he "won't rule out" Michael Gallup (knee) for Week 5 against the Packers.

"I’m not ruling it out Sunday," Jones said on Gallup's pending return. "We got to see how he does [in practice this week]." It's unlikely this happens, but Gallup's initial timetable following a meniscus trim was only 2-4 weeks. The second-year pro led the Cowboys in targets (15) before going under the knife after Week 2's win and both Randall Cobb and Devin Smith have failed as serviceable replacements in that time. Gallup's presence, even at less than 100 percent, would be an obvious plus against Green Bay's stingy secondary.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crazyfingers711 said:


jerry is just blowing smoke to try and mess with la fluer.    Oldest trick in the book.   Like the poster above said give me Gallup at 100% 

Oh yeah me too. It's nice to see some sort of news on him. Definitely would like him to be 100% even if that means missing another week 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 4:10 PM, BGDDYKWL said:

I think you gotta ride it out now that we already have for half the absence. That said, if we knew this was gonna be a six week absence the second the news broke, he would've been a drop. This or next week would've been when he got scooped back up, so personally I'd hold now. 

 

Yeah you're pot committed at this point to keep him.  You should have dropped him immediately if you really wanted that roster spot.  At this point it's highly unlikely something better was going to emerge off the wire this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

 

They are indeed sleeping

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

I find these ranking sites to be a lot like newspapers. The news is old and doesn't always correct/update itself in time for avid owners. It takes a while to get players moving up or down the continuum. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vanquish2073 said:

Looking around at ROS rankings on various sites, I see Gallup consistently ranked behind guys like Samuel, Marvin Jones, Metcalf, Golden Tate, etc. Am I crazy for thinking that experts are sleeping on this guy big time? I know the first couple of games were cake matchups (WSH and NYG) but 7-158 and 6-68 in that offense should be generating a little more buzz, no? 

 

That seems low, but those are indeed bottom 5 pass defenses. I see a bright future for Gallup, but some people in this thread are a bit delusional... and I say this as a Gallup owner.

The Cowboys are not going to be the explosive offense we saw in the first 3 games... they played 3 of the worst defenses in the league. This past week was the first game against a decent defense, and they scored 10 points.

 

Zeke is going to get his, Cooper is obviously the preferred red zone target, and Dak is only an elite QB against crappy teams. For Gallup to be a top 20 WR, Cooper will have to get injured.  He should have a nice floor when he returns due to targets though. Definitely a hold if you can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

 

That seems low, but those are indeed bottom 5 pass defenses. I see a bright future for Gallup, but some people in this thread are a bit delusional... and I say this as a Gallup owner.

The Cowboys are not going to be the explosive offense we saw in the first 3 games... they played 3 of the worst defenses in the league. This past week was the first game against a decent defense, and they scored 10 points.

 

Zeke is going to get his, Cooper is obviously the preferred red zone target, and Dak is only an elite QB against crappy teams. For Gallup to be a top 20 WR, Cooper will have to get injured.  He should have a nice floor when he returns due to targets though. Definitely a hold if you can.

I'm not sure anyone is expecting him to be a top 20 WR though. I think we would all be happy with around 25-30 in the mix with guys like shepard, ridley, moore, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watched the New Orleans game, you know just how important this guy is. They were able to skate through the prior games due to how bad those teams are defensively. The only thing that may keep him out of WR2 range is missing games. To me he can put up WR1 numbers on any given week, but more often solid WR2. He will open things up for Coop and vice versa. Gallup is not just a vertical threat.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

If you watched the New Orleans game, you know just how important this guy is. They were able to skate through the prior games due to how bad those teams are defensively. The only thing that may keep him out of WR2 range is missing games. To me he can put up WR1 numbers on any given week, but more often solid WR2. He will open things up for Coop and vice versa. Gallup is not just a vertical threat.

 

I was just gonna comment something similar.

 

Yes skins and giants d is bad, but perhaps there’s a bit of correlation with this offense not being as good without Gallup. 

 

I can understand tempering expectations, but I for one am not. I think Gallup has low end Wr1 upside. The dude is a beast 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FitzMagic said:

If you watched the New Orleans game, you know just how important this guy is. They were able to skate through the prior games due to how bad those teams are defensively. The only thing that may keep him out of WR2 range is missing games. But to me he can put up WR1 numbers, but more often solid WR2. He will open things up for Coop and vice versa.

Agree.

I originally thought that Cooper would outpace him in TD's.   Which he might.  But I think it could be close.   Gallup seems to have the ability to make contested catches which Cooper isn't known for.  And so far, Dak seems willing to throw it to him even when he's in tight coverage.  

Hopefully he can get back close to 100%. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nyblazer11235 said:

 

I was just gonna comment something similar.

 

Yes skins and giants d is bad, but perhaps there’s a bit of correlation with this offense not being as good without Gallup. 

 

I can understand tempering expectations, but I for one am not. I think Gallup has low end Wr1 upside. The dude is a beast 

 Small sample size so far this year but having Gallup makes it much harder to double Amari.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...