NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear this doesn't happen to other people in my league.

Prior to this game he had started twice. One (his 6th career game) he played 20 min and racked up 4 blocks but not much else and the other he played 10 min and got injured. I feel like that’s too Litt

Posted Images

On 12/3/2019 at 5:07 PM, SolariNatividad said:

They are going to baby these rookies. :(

Ja Morant with load management into what 9 games of the season? Ya they're going to baby these kids until they're ready to come back. 

11 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Shiiiiit. Drop Wagner for this boi? 

I like Clarke better ROS but might be a tight decision if you need production the next 1-2 weeks

They offer a little different upside, Wagner more steals and threes while Clark should be a more consistent FG% anchor and provides a few more blocks here and there. I like Clarke more because he's yet to be unleashed, which we might get to see later on in the year when it matters most. We dont really know what we'll get from Wagner if/when the Wizards frontcourt is healthy with Thomas Bryant back in the fold. Both Wagner and Clarke have had their minutes jerked around a bit, but Wagner's minutes have been jerked around even with an injured Bryant which isnt the most promising. I've got both guys and I'd keep Clarke personally, like him better ROS and if they both end up getting ~20 mpg (with Bryant back) I'd say it's Clarke hands down. Wagner getting the boost in minutes until Bryant is back makes it tough but depends on your situation, short term vs long term. Wagner is more of a question mark, I dont know if he can play himself into a larger role when Bryant returns, whereas I feel Clarke will have a slightly bigger role down the stretch, and hes proven to produce even in 20 mpg already

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The interesting thing is that Clarke had really good stocks in his college career, which adds to the argument that he’s yet to be fully unleashed. 

He could easily produce top 50 value at some point if he gets healthy and greater opportunity. I can see him averaging 15/7/2/1/1.5 at some point this year.

• Like 2

Sucks that I have to wait for injuries to occur since his clear value comes from his efficiency for now. Nobody knows what happened to his stocks, but I think it's similar to what happened to John Collins last season. Gets injured, then is afraid to let himself fly or gamble on defense or maybe at least told to settle down. In fact, he reminds me so much of year 2 John Collins. Lol

Edited by MysticPeak
19 hours ago, 4th and 9ers said:

The interesting thing is that Clarke had really good stocks in his college career, which adds to the argument that he’s yet to be fully unleashed. 

He could easily produce top 50 value at some point if he gets healthy and greater opportunity. I can see him averaging 15/7/2/1/1.5 at some point this year.

All he really needs is a slight uptick in minutes and he can be close to 1/1/1, with better than his current 12/6.  So 15/7 seems reasonable.  1.5 blocks is doable.  The thing is that if he can do all this while getting close to 1 three per game on mega elite FG% and above average FT....could push him pretty high in the rankings...

Maybe next year 15/7 with 0.8 threes, 1 steal, 1.5 blocks on 60+ FG and 75+ FT.  Beyond that if he's getting starters role and 32+ minutes who knows...

10 hours ago, Kamura said:

This new week-to-week wrinkle is going to mess some owners up, though I was able to grab him off the wire y'day!

What minutes can we expect from him guys? (considering both JJJ and JV are healthy right now).

Seems like a dude can be efficient with stats with just 20 minutes of playing time. I'm scooping today, and dropped WAGNER. Clarke plays 3 games this week, and that's if that probable tag gets confirmed to a yes for playing. 

5 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Seems like a dude can be efficient with stats with just 20 minutes of playing time. I'm scooping today, and dropped WAGNER. Clarke plays 3 games this week, and that's if that probable tag gets confirmed to a yes for playing. 

4 hours ago, hlin8821 said:

Looks like a lot of people dropped Wagner for Clarke. So did I, 😁. Let the good times roll

Small world hah I'm contemplating activating Clarke from IR and having to drop Wagner as well, might just wait it out to be safe on wagner though, worst feeling in fantasy is dropping someone who breaks out for someone else

Wonder if Clarke see's less minutes than his usual limited minutes due to being first game back