NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Nance, yes. Clarke, no. Mr. Clarke is super valuable already on 20 minutes a game with just his points and Fg% anchoring alone. Even if he doesnt get unleashed, hes a must roster

I play in points leagues and he's pretty much useless and has remained on the wire for several weeks now. Only way he becomes a worthwhile pickup is if Jonas or JJJ get injured 

Edited by Dominator83
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear this doesn't happen to other people in my league.

Prior to this game he had started twice. One (his 6th career game) he played 20 min and racked up 4 blocks but not much else and the other he played 10 min and got injured. I feel like that’s too Litt

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I play in points leagues and he's pretty much useless and has remained on the wire for several weeks now. Only way he becomes a worthwhile pickup is if Jonas or JJJ get injured 

Yeah but points leagues are garbage LOL. Almost no thinking is involved compared to category leagues 😅

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Yeah but points leagues are garbage LOL. Almost no thinking is involved compared to category leagues 😅

Get used to it bud. Theres a reason why the NBA changed their official fantasy scoring to points formats, and this year's Rotoworld Draft special they did it for points format. They didn't do a category special

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Get used to it bud. Theres a reason why the NBA changed their official fantasy scoring to points formats, and this year's Rotoworld Draft special they did it for points format. They didn't do a category special

Sure, but that doesnt mean it's not garbage LOL. Most people are lazy or don't understand statistics, which is where the appeal of points format comes in. It dumbs it all down a ton LOL

• Like 1
16 hours ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Sure, but that doesnt mean it's not garbage LOL. Most people are lazy or don't understand statistics, which is where the appeal of points format comes in. It dumbs it all down a ton LOL

Interesting I play both and always thought category leagues were much easier. 

5 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

He doesn’t get minutes and usage.  How long can I hold on to a player that only gives me 10-5 with the occasional block

Having patience? Jonas has had injury problems, so odds are he'll go down for an extended period and there's a good chance Clarke will play more minutes as the season progresses anyways. If you can't afford to roster him, by all means drop. But he's a decent hold if you're doing well.

Edited by xlosingmyedgex
1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Interesting I play both and always thought category leagues were much easier. 

Really how so ? I play both as well , but I feel the exact opposite. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

The problem is this coach. Jonas goes down, but then what are the chances this Taylor freakin' Jenkins starts Solomon Hill over Clarke to "showcase" what's left in the tank. 

man this kid is so efficient when he plays ... I'm having a tough time holding onto him with 17 to 21 minute of playing time... hes one trade away from being a beast... most of yall still holding? I'm watching that sekou fella from Detroit.. if he does well against laker ... I'll have to keep an eye on Brandon to see of these GM make a move.

4 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

man this kid is so efficient when he plays ... I'm having a tough time holding onto him with 17 to 21 minute of playing time... hes one trade away from being a beast... most of yall still holding? I'm watching that sekou fella from Detroit.. if he does well against laker ... I'll have to keep an eye on Brandon to see of these GM make a move.

Im keeping just cause when he plays hes gold and theres a slight chance later in the season they just unleash him. However, i was looking at the same player you are and he got picked up today which i am mad about. Idk my hope of him getting more minutes is more enticing than right now production.

4 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

He doesn’t get minutes and usage.  How long can I hold on to a player that only gives me 10-5 with the occasional block

His efficiency is money... This guy is a difference maker in fg% and turnovers and doesnt hurt your ft%

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

JV is young.. do yall see him getting shipped or shut down..? I haven't seen a single news article or rumor mill about a possible shut down or possible trade for jonas. I get his ankles are made of glass, but his play as of late has been trending upwards and they've been able to compete and pull out wins as of late..

25 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

His efficiency is money... This guy is a difference maker in fg% and turnovers and doesnt hurt your ft%

To add to this - on BBM, Brandon Clarke is #6 overall in FG% impact, and #5 overall in FG%+FT% impact because of his ability to be a huge difference maker in FG% without hurting free throws. He’s doing this in 21.3 mpg.

On BBM you can sort by FG%+FT% by “punting” all other categories.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 2
13 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

12.6 and 5.6 with the 5th highest efficiency impact in the league makes him a top 100 player right now, with a chance to explode in the second half.

He should be held unless you play in a points league or have better than a top 100ish guy on the wire and don't care about the upside.

25 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

Strange comparison with Clarke and Wroten being on opposite ends of the efficiency spectrum.

Making a player out to be bigger than what he actually is. His only positives are FG and low turnovers. Just meh.

Edited by Trench Mob
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Probably the most overrated dude in fantasy history. Even more-so than Tony Wroten.

LOL hes a rookie playing comically low minutes yet producing solid stats I really don't know what some of you want. Judge him when he plays 30 plus minutes

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Probably the most overrated dude in fantasy history. Even more-so than Tony Wroten.

Most overrated in history might be the biggest exaggeration in history.

From the time I have been on this forum and even more time playing fantasy basketball, there have been many many more overrated and/or overhyped dudes than Clarke. 

Especially considering Clarke has actually been fantasy relevant in the limited minutes he is getting versus an actual overrated player getting starter minutes but still not really all that useful despite being rostered by many (see Kyle Kuzma) edit: first two years

Edited by Tekno Team 2000
  • Like 3
13 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

JV is young.. do yall see him getting shipped or shut down..? I haven't seen a single news article or rumor mill about a possible shut down or possible trade for jonas. I get his ankles are made of glass, but his play as of late has been trending upwards and they've been able to compete and pull out wins as of late..

Ye but JV aint the future. His minutes will go down