NBC Sports Edge Forums

Brandon Clarke 2019-2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Ye but JV aint the future. His minutes will go down

Wrong... Memphis traded its franchise center for JV and handed him a 3 year 45mill contract just this off season and have actually been competitive. LOL some acting like JV is 38 the guy is a fantasy beast in limited minutes. Bums like Hill and Crowder will get shipped or fall out of the rotation not JV

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I swear this doesn't happen to other people in my league.

Prior to this game he had started twice. One (his 6th career game) he played 20 min and racked up 4 blocks but not much else and the other he played 10 min and got injured. I feel like that’s too Litt

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Wrong... Memphis traded its franchise center for JV and handed him a 3 year 45mill contract just this off season and have actually been competitive. LOL some acting like JV is 38 the guy is a fantasy beast in limited minutes. Bums like Hill and Crowder will get shipped or fall out of the rotation not JV

This man gets it . JV is a solid center and in his prime . He's been hitting 3's as well lately 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

Buddies he doesnt fit the memphis timeline tho. The contract was given to him to make him attractive as a trade asset next season

And what arbitrary timeline is that ... he was given the contract he deserved . Worked out for both parties , he's 26 lmao he can work with any timeline .   Theres 96 minutes total at C and PF for the Grizzlies, you divy that up 3 way even split between JV , JJJ, & B.C you get 32 mins each .  That's about as perfect as it gets . 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

And what arbitrary timeline is that ... he was given the contract he deserved . Worked out for both parties , he's 26 lmao he can work with any timeline .   Theres 96 minutes total at C and PF for the Grizzlies, you divy that up 3 way even split between JV , JJJ, & B.C you get 32 mins each .  That's about as perfect as it gets . 

The "competitive in 3 years" timeline. That said, your math just supports the argument that Brandon Clarke is worth rostering, even if JV maintains his minutes. Thanks man!

8 minutes ago, hi_its_kawhi said:

The "competitive in 3 years" timeline. That said, your math just supports the argument that Brandon Clarke is worth rostering, even if JV maintains his minutes. Thanks man!

We’re in agreement there, I never said anything to the contrary. Kid’s a stud , and has a bright future ahead of him. Just trying to clear this false narrative about Jonas , that he’s too old or doesn’t fit in the current scheme. JV is actually balling if you check his stats, and even he’s not getting full minutes. He hovers around the mid 20’s most nights. If anything we should be advocating for Crowder to get less playing time . He definitely doesn’t fit any timeline , nor is he some special talent. A 3&D guy who’s on the decline phase of his career. 

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

We’re in agreement there, I never said anything to the contrary. Kid’s a stud , and has a bright future ahead of him. Just trying to clear this false narrative about Jonas , that he’s too old or doesn’t fit in the current scheme. JV is actually balling if you check his stats, and even he’s not getting full minutes. He hovers around the mid 20’s most nights. If anything we should be advocating for Crowder to get less playing time . He definitely doesn’t fit any timeline , nor is he some special talent. A 3&D guy who’s on the decline phase of his career. 

Fair enough. The main point I want to get across is that Brandon Clarke is a stud that is worth rostering in 12- and even 10-team leagues

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

Reaching drop territory after that hot start. 

Yea I'm getting close too, sometimes the tantalizing per minute upside they preach never actually materializes either. If I miss it oh well, dude has been boring lately. I'll give hime another week maybe. 

Balls

this sucks. Because if you drop, he’s going to get picked up - and held. Most knowledgeable owners see the upside. 

I’m going to hold for now. Only because I don’t wan to see him added. Oh, and I’m also in the position to be able to “hold”.

you other scrubs? Yea might be time to move on and get some wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Ray Barboni said:

Balls

this sucks. Because if you drop, he’s going to get picked up - and held. Most knowledgeable owners see the upside. 

I’m going to hold for now. Only because I don’t wan to see him added. Oh, and I’m also in the position to be able to “hold”.

you other scrubs? Yea might be time to move on and get some wins.

Lmaoooo. Ok King. 

• Thanks 1

He hasnt been able to translate his stock numbers from college into the NBA. Even in limited minutes i think most of us thought he'd deliver in those cats, but he's basically just a FG anchor stash guy right now. There's also no guarantee he will get extended run come fantasy playoffs. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

yeah, his 6 ppg and 4 rpg are too good to pass up

He had plenty of monster lines throughout the year, he's been a little quiet as of late, but no reason to drop. I don't think you understand how scarce the wire is for productive bigs who are rank friendly. He's also just doing this in 16-20 min. If he reaches 25 (which there is no reason why) he's going to be on someone else's team killing it, and you'll be sitting here wondering why you dropped him.

He's a bench big who complements the rest of your starters, what better options are available on your wire with his upside who are providing high floor lines?

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2
8 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

He had plenty of monster lines throughout the year, he's been a little quiet as of late, but no reason to drop. I don't think you understand how scarce the wire is for productive bigs who are rank friendly. He's also just doing this in 16-20 min. If he reaches 25 (which there is no reason why) he's going to be on someone else's team killing it, and you'll be sitting here wondering why you dropped him.

He's a bench big who complements the rest of your starters, what better options are available on your wire with his upside who are providing high floor lines?

there’s normal Powell, culver, bjelica

18 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

We should just let these posters drop so we don’t hear these repetitive complaints anymore. Some people don’t value (or understand) efficiency stats.

8 minutes ago, darkyume said:

We should just let these posters drop so we don’t hear these repetitive complaints anymore. Some people don’t value (or understand) efficiency stats.

what is so hard to understand?

he shoots 77% ft on 1.7 attempts

He shoots 55% but only takes 6 shots a game.  These won’t sway any categories.  

On 1/5/2020 at 11:30 PM, darkyume said:

To add to this - on BBM, Brandon Clarke is #6 overall in FG% impact, and #5 overall in FG%+FT% impact because of his ability to be a huge difference maker in FG% without hurting free throws. He’s doing this in 21.3 mpg.

On BBM you can sort by FG%+FT% by “punting” all other categories.

9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

what is so hard to understand?

he shoots 77% ft on 1.7 attempts

He shoots 55% but only takes 6 shots a game.  These won’t sway any categories.  

I quoted myself so I don’t have to repeat myself. The shot attempts are low but the math still comes out to #5 OVERALL in positive FG% impact. I’m okay if you don’t think that’s valuable, but please don’t misrepresent the actual mathematical value and impact by presenting the low shot attempts. You’re right that he doesn’t help with FT% much, but bigs that don’t hurt in FT% are also rare. For a team trying to boost FG% without hurting FT%, Brandon Clarke is incredibly valuable.

Edited by darkyume
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, darkyume said:

I quoted myself so I don’t have to repeat myself. The shot attempts are low but the math still comes out to #5 OVERALL in positive FG% impact. I’m okay if you don’t think that’s valuable, but please don’t misrepresent the actual mathematical value and impact by presenting the low shot attempts. You’re right that he doesn’t help with FT% much, but bigs that don’t hurt in FT% are also rare. For a team trying to boost FG% without hurting FT%, Brandon Clarke is incredibly valuable.

It's also the low end 1 / 1 / 1 appeal with bigger minutes, he's at .5, .4, .8 in just 21 min, he shoots 43% on 3's and should be given more attempts (1.2 currently), and partially those numbers have come down because it's hard to develop consistency when one game you're playing 25 min and the next 3 games you're playing 15-16. The potential is there to be that type of player, but he needs a consistent minute ramp up. I think if he keeps declining like this into about late January and there are no signs that he's going to get a consistent heavy dose of minutes moving forward, he can be safely considered a drop, but for now there are enough good lines sprinkled inbetween to make him a hold.  

Edited by Lifschitz

Check out the games where he gets around 25 min, the lines are pretty disgusting.

Charlotte - 18/5/3/1/3 and 1 3

OKC - 27 / 7 / 1 on 13/19 shooting

Indiana - 17 / 4 / 1 and 1 block and 1 3

GS - 17/5/3/1/1

Denver - 19/5/1 and 2 3's

Orlando - 13/6/1 and 1 block and 1 3

BKN - 10/7/2/1/1

Chicago - 14/5/1/1/3 

His massive efficiency alone should encourage them to get him more involved, because he's so damn good at hitting floaters and knowing how/when to roll/pop properly.

It's all there waiting to be unleashed, just needs consistent minutes.

• Like 1