NBC Sports Edge Forums

Nyheim Hines 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

Very quiet here. If Mack misses time, most would assume Hines would get work, especially if playing catch up. Anyone scooping up this week besides me?

yep and starting him over Mack even if Mack is not on injury report

everything screams blowout

• Haha 1
37 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

If Mack doesn’t play I’m FLEXing him (12 man PPR) over Gallup, Hardman and Miles Sanders, and you should too 

They are playing the Sunday night game so when will we know if Mack is playing? Kinda complicates things if your other options are all playing early. 

2 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

They are playing the Sunday night game so when will we know if Mack is playing? Kinda complicates things if your other options are all playing early. 

Pick up Hines anf if you also have wrs like Hardman who are also playing in the night game then just move Mack to a flex spot.  You will have more options to choose from at the game time.

2 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

Pick up Hines anf if you also have wrs like Hardman who are also playing in the night game then just move Mack to a flex spot.  You will have more options to choose from at the game time.

Agreed, but if you don’t have the luxury of Hines as a flex option, and have to decide to dress him as an RB, this won’t work.

52 minutes ago, Jean_Elway said:

Agreed, but if you don’t have the luxury of Hines as a flex option, and have to decide to dress him as an RB, this won’t work.

What i meant is by moving Mack to flex opens up the last minute desperation choices for his replacement.  It can be rb/wr.

How much risk to start today? Don't think Mack is gonna be effective or be even active at this point. Game-script dependent- colts could shock and actually be up 7 or 14-0 if they run the ball and control the clock, which they have the resources to do so. KC has to be perfect to put up the lead against Indy and Indy is not great from behind, but Hines would be a great beneficiary.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

He may not be the direct handcuff to Mack, but his value has to get a bump with Mack out and Wilkins questionable, no? 

I think his value gets a bump for this week by being the receiving back. They will throw a lot against Houston and Hines should get a decent amount of looks. Houston is much better against the rush then they are at covering backs. Let the other two backs battle for handoffs for little gain while Hines is involved in the passing game. 

• Like 1

He never got that many targets with Mack as the lead back so not sure why that is going to change drastically. Maybe get a small uptick but not enough to get excited about.

I'd be hesitant to start any of the Colts RB's this week unless it's strictly a BYE dart throw. I feel like the play is to stash one or two and hope that someone emerges. Otherwise, really hard to tell how they're going to distribute things with Wilkins back in the mix.

1 minute ago, TedStriker said:

He never got that many targets with Mack as the lead back so not sure why that is going to change drastically. Maybe get a small uptick but not enough to get excited about.

I'd be hesitant to start any of the Colts RB's this week unless it's strictly a BYE dart throw. I feel like the play is to stash one or two and hope that someone emerges. Otherwise, really hard to tell how they're going to distribute things with Wilkins back in the mix.

I think when you combine it with the idea that Mack was the centerpiece of the offense and now that kind of shifts to the passing game and Brissett, and you've also got a team that can score some points on them with Watson, you could see why this week at least the passing game guy would be more involved.

If all goes according to their plan, of course, they're running the ball 30 times just like they would with Mack.  But you can also see how they might need to adapt here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1