NBC Sports EDGE Forums

James White 2019 Outlook

jay2491

Just when I'm about to drop this guy, he blows up for a top-3 fantasy stat line in Week 13. And they're playing KC's s---y run D so the O/U Total Points scored is going to be 54++ I'm guessing. So late in the season now, is the OC going to finally feature James White more????? Seriously, guy goes from 10 TDs last season to 1 in 2019. We have no one to blame but the OC & Brady. Feck man!!!!

Edited by mtx
  • Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 8:50 AM, The_Truth_Returns said:

Honestly, it should have nothing to do with game flow as the hurry up offense is the only one that generates consistent yardage in this awful Patriots offense.  It's like they are forcing themselves into grind-fests with Burkehead and Michel.  White and Edelman are the only two guys Brady trusts, so it just makes sense to have White out there as much as possible.  I don't think the 17 rushes is anything sustainable over a larger sample, but there is no reason he shouldn't be catching 10 passes per game as an extension of the run game.  That's why I was so frustrated to see him get so little run last week vs. Dallas in a game that they couldn't generate any offense.

None of that is sustainable, complete fluke.  The Texans let him score as it was complete garbage time.  When the game was competitive, Brady’s noodle arm couldn’t get first downs.  

33 minutes ago, Brh1219 said:

Whats everyones thoughts on him against the Chiefs this week. [...]

Fire him up. Pats will trail early in this game, and Brady really only trusts White and Edelman as receivers tbh. Michel is trash imo; not sure what Bellichik sees in him but he's the only threat to White going off again

Edited by TheBoondocks
  • Like 2

Setting up for another monster White-week...KC allows almost a full 10 yards per reception to RBs--and that is mostly to backs that are not the caliber of receiver that White is...then toss in the fact that it will likely be a positive game script, then also toss in the fact that BB seems more inclined to use him as a traditional back and we got the recipe for an RB1 again this week. His floor is so bankable (top30 RB in 10 out of 11 games)-- while leading the Pats in RZ yards and the entire NFL in RZ receptions that gives him a substantial ceiling too!

• Like 1

I don’t get why the Patriots are so hesitant to give White the backfield. Michel is absolute trash and the only time that offence gets something going is when White is on the field. It’s so frustrating as a White owner watching Michel repeatedly get opportunities when he does nothing with them. White has been a consistent FLEX for me but I feel like if the Pats used him correctly he would be so much more. 

2 minutes ago, Ceco2 said:

I don’t get why the Patriots are so hesitant to give White the backfield. Michel is absolute trash and the only time that offence gets something going is when White is on the field. It’s so frustrating as a White owner watching Michel repeatedly get opportunities when he does nothing with them. White has been a consistent FLEX for me but I feel like if the Pats used him correctly he would be so much more. 

Because that’s not his strength. Belichick would know.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Because that’s not his strength. Belichick would know.

That might not be his strength but it can't get much worse than what Michel is giving them right now. No one is denying that Belichick is the GOAT but the offence is still atrocious and something needs to change. Alongside Edelman, White is the only proven playmaker on this team and he needs to be given more opportunities. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Probably a Michel grind it out game coming up against Cincy. 

so with that said White will blow up on my bench. 

I’m think with the “spying” garbage out there coach B is gonna try and DESTROY the hapless Bengals. I think White will have a big day and be involved even when the Pats are up by 4 scores 

Just now, CraftyRighty said:

I’m think with the “spying” garbage out there coach B is gonna try and DESTROY the hapless Bengals. I think White will have a big day and be involved even when the Pats are up by 4 scores 

Super wild guess right?? White has barely been used all season...