NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

Just now, Fantasyscrub said:

yeah I hear you, he should be good all season though, not just the end

oh i totally agree haha he's too good to just suck for long stretches but its a been a trend, so enduring it and being patient is really all Jokic owners can do. If this was the first time he started slow, then i understand the complaining but this is what everyone signed up for. 

Just now, Bringthesonicsback said:

oh i totally agree haha he's too good to just suck for long stretches but its a been a trend, so enduring it and being patient is really all Jokic owners can do. If this was the first time he started slow, then i understand the complaining but this is what everyone signed up for. 

I’ve owned him for 3 years straight now and I don’t remember him being this bad this many games into the season.  I remember a 0/1 game last year but then he exploded for 30+ next game.  This year it’s been bad game after bad game.  Coach Malone is putting Plumlee more and more.  If this trend continues, he absolutely will not meet his ADP

Last year, he averaged 20-10-7 in October before a poor 4 game stretch but then turned it on the rest of the way (he even had 10 rebs/16 assists in one of those games).

in 2017-2018, he had two poor games to start the season but was good the rest of the way. He’s been pretty bad in all but one game so far this season

4 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

I’ve owned him for 3 years straight now and I don’t remember him being this bad this many games into the season.  I remember a 0/1 game last year but then he exploded for 30+ next game.  This year it’s been bad game after bad game.  Coach Malone is putting Plumlee more and more.  If this trend continues, he absolutely will not meet his ADP

ill take the 3 year, 220+ game sample size of him being an elite player over a rough 7 game start to the season. he'll be just fine.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

because anyone drafting Jokic should have done it with the knowledge that he sucks at the beginning of the year and beasts when it matters..

That's not the point though. The point is that taken over the course of the whole year he's not a first round guy. Why does jokic get a pass for sucking half the year when everyone else in the top 10 is beasting for the whole season? 

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

That's not the point though. The point is that taken over the course of the whole year he's not a first round guy. Why does jokic get a pass for sucking half the year when everyone else in the top 10 is beasting for the whole season? 

Point being that it won’t matter if you’re able to miraculously make fantasy playoffs with your first rounder playing like a 150 rank waiver wire scrub the first half but he’s hurting you in making the playoffs up to that point soooooo

Just now, fabrar said:

its just par for the course. he doesnt get a pass bc obviously the ideal is that he plays well every game but historically that isn't the case, we just have to be patient w it.. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Point being that it won’t matter if you’re able to miraculously make fantasy playoffs with your first rounder playing like a 150 rank waiver wire scrub the first half but he’s hurting you in making the playoffs up to that point soooooo

fact check. he was player rank #35 before tonights game and if you're out of the playoffs by week 3... you have more problems w your roster than just Jokic lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

really disappointed in Joker coming into camp fat. WTF man. your an MVP type of talent and come in 40 pounds overweight wtf. its clearly affecting his play.

Malone and the rest of the organization have to fat shame him and call him out, its tough love. Denever aint going anywhere if their best player/MVP is this fat.

The problem with him being out of shape is the foul trouble. He's getting burned by other bigs and fouling and then boom out of the game.

The skill is obviously still 100% there but need him in the game to put up stats for us. He looks fine on offense from what I've watched so I'm not concerned as he gets into better shape as the season goes on.

7 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

This thread is gonna be awesome in 2 weeks lol

Not unless he loses a few pounds in 2 weeks. I watch a lot of Denver games and honestly he just looks so slow and out of place. Getting complete burned on defense and picking up dumb fouls, not having enough lift or speed for his scoring etc.

This is not just early season rust, he's genuinely out of shape lol

28 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Not unless he loses a few pounds in 2 weeks. I watch a lot of Denver games and honestly he just looks so slow and out of place. Getting complete burned on defense and picking up dumb fouls, not having enough lift or speed for his scoring etc.

I think running non-stop for 35 minutes every night is going to help with that.  

29 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Watch the game on Friday. He’s going to flat out dominate embiid. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fabrar said:

Not true. Last year he finished 7th in total value in 9cat, the year before 9th. So at the end of the year he has still contributed (or beasted if you want to) more than several other first rounders. 

He'll be fine.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook