NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

Denver has too many scoring option,all of their starting five have the ability to score and the team is healthy now. Unfortunately denver still can win without Jokic chip on his shoulder because his teammates can share his offensive workload

1 hour ago, megaplayboy said:

He's taken a step back there's no doubt about it

I have to respectfully disagree, but hear me out . I think he has actually taken 2 steps forward this season , unfortunately for his owners it was right up to the all you can eat buffet table 😭😭😭😭😭😭

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Would you guys do the following trade? 

Receive: Jokic

Lose: Ingram

Keeping in mind Zion due back Jokic has more upside and the following scoring format:

Points based:

pt: 1

rb: 1

assist: 1

steal: 1

block: 1

fg made: 1

fg missed: -1

3pt made: 1

ft made: 0.5

ft missed: -0.5

double double: 5

triple double: 10

turnover: -2 

3 minutes ago, Jackdean33 said:

Would you guys do the following trade? 

Receive: Jokic

Lose: Ingram

Keeping in mind Zion due back Jokic has more upside and the following scoring format:

Points based:

pt: 1

rb: 1

assist: 1

steal: 1

block: 1

fg made: 1

fg missed: -1

3pt made: 1

ft made: 0.5

ft missed: -0.5

double double: 5

triple double: 10

turnover: -2 

This belongs in the AC forum

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Lets get something straight. YES it is dissapointing how he has been playing, not being interested, only taking single digit shot attempts a game. I am a jokic lover and i am frustrated almost every game. HOWEVER, we know this is what happens, literally the same thing happened on his thread last year and he started off slow last year aswell. I know it seems worse this year but he was in legitimate MVP talks last year, granted he was never going to win, but he was mentioned. No player forgets how to play at an elite level within a year (except conley apparently). Guys ride it out, you wont get enough value back the way he has been playing so we just have to wait for him to turn it around, and WHEN he does, we won't even be thinking about trading him, or even remember the bad start to the season he is having.

I cannot wait for this thread to blow up in a month when he is nearly averaging 24,13 and 8 week in week out.

1 minute ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Lets get something straight. YES it is dissapointing how he has been playing, not being interested, only taking single digit shot attempts a game. I am a jokic lover and i am frustrated almost every game. HOWEVER, we know this is what happens, literally the same thing happened on his thread last year and he started off slow last year aswell. I know it seems worse this year but he was in legitimate MVP talks last year, granted he was never going to win, but he was mentioned. No player forgets how to play at an elite level within a year (except conley apparently). Guys ride it out, you wont get enough value back the way he has been playing so we just have to wait for him to turn it around, and WHEN he does, we won't even be thinking about trading him, or even remember the bad start to the season he is having.

I cannot wait for this thread to blow up in a month when he is nearly averaging 24,13 and 8 week in week out.

Are you watching them play? Murray and Barton are sucking any production Jokic might have

1 minute ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Are you watching them play? Murray and Barton are sucking any production Jokic might have

I watch every game, and although i think jokic will lose some usage, he still isnt there mentally or physically YET. Trade him if you want, heck even drop him, but in a month when he is lighting it up, ill be sitting back smiling to a championship.

9 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I watch every game, and although i think jokic will lose some usage, he still isnt there mentally or physically YET. Trade him if you want, heck even drop him, but in a month when he is lighting it up, ill be sitting back smiling to a championship.

This. The offense still runs through him. It's exactly the same as last year except Barton is healthy as ever. He'll have monster lines soon enough, and I'll keep in mind from next season that it's important to draft around Jokic's slow start since I'm in a keeper league, lmao.

Edited by m1dday
  • Like 1