NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I know he's a notoriously slow starter and always winds up being fine, but it'd be nice if he decided to be more of an alpha dog on this team.

The Nuggets need an offensive leader and 3 shots in a half of basketball for the team's best player is weak, he should be shooting closer to 10.

Hope so. Too many mouths to feed in Denver. His assist will be consistent though

but sometimes he may explode though

5 minutes ago, Jessie said:

Hope so. Too many mouths to feed in Denver. His assist will be consistent though

but sometimes he may explode though

At least he's making the few shots he's taking....

On a more serious note, he's such a good shooter, I think they should get him to shoot a bit more from range to open up the floor, especially when he's guarded by the Okafor's of the nba

Just doesn't have that dog in him, the mentality to dominate and take over whenever he wants, or if someone like Okafor is dominating him to go back at him, he doesn't have it. He's such a great system team player I don't think that changes. Hard to tell what he works on in the summer because he lacks go to moves and his body never looks like it's getting stronger first time owning Jokic and not happy thus far you just need more scoring from your first rounder period 23 pts in 2 games is just trash.

Just now, megaplayboy said:

Just doesn't have that dog in him, the mentality to dominate and take over whenever he wants, or if someone like Okafor is dominating him to go back at him, he doesn't have it. He's such a great system team player I don't think that changes. Hard to tell what he works on in the summer because he lacks go to moves and his body never looks like it's getting stronger first time owning Jokic and not happy thus far you just need more scoring from your first rounder period 23 pts in 2 games is just trash.

you don’t draft Jokic for points

9 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

As others mentioned, he does have it when he wants to but it doesn't happen as often as it should.

This guy had proven he can put up 30+ pts on 60%+ shooting some games, we will hopefully see one soon

1 hour ago, megaplayboy said:

Oh man I’d love to buy Joker off you. He is a SLOW fantasy producer to begin the season. I’ve owned Jokic when he was a rookie and the last 3 years now. He is somebody that gradually gets better as the season goes on. He’s somebody that complements your team in every category. So when you draft him you should be building your team 2nd round and on. I took booker 2nd round Ayton 3rd Round Lowry 4th round in my 14 teamer. That’s the core of my team and joker complements each one of them for the stats they give you. Booker(Points) Ayton(Fg% Rebounds) Lowry(Ast Stls). 

Joker will win you weeks by himself but he usually does it later on the season. You have the patient he does this every year. 

19 minutes ago, JP_Grizzly said:

Oh man I’d love to buy Joker off you. He is a SLOW fantasy producer to begin the season. I’ve owned Jokic when he was a rookie and the last 3 years now. He is somebody that gradually gets better as the season goes on. He’s somebody that complements your team in every category. So when you draft him you should be building your team 2nd round and on. I took booker 2nd round Ayton 3rd Round Lowry 4th round in my 14 teamer. That’s the core of my team and joker complements each one of them for the stats they give you. Booker(Points) Ayton(Fg% Rebounds) Lowry(Ast Stls). 

Joker will win you weeks by himself but he usually does it later on the season. You have the patient he does this every year. 

lol Of course I ain't talking about selling and don't worry I don't need your master plan I know what I'm doing I'm just critiquing his game as I've been watching so far, your telling the obvious thing by saying be patient. This forum is for complaining or giving thoughts on games and that's what I'm doing. he needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end and find ways to get up easy pts at all times being the best player on the team and potential MVP, he just playing like trash and I'm calling him out on it and the close games and b2b losses prove it.

17 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

lol Of course I ain't talking about selling and don't worry I don't need your master plan I know what I'm doing I'm just critiquing his game as I've been watching so far, your telling the obvious thing by saying be patient. This forum is for complaining or giving thoughts on games and that's what I'm doing. he needs to be more aggressive on the offensive end and find ways to get up easy pts at all times being the best player on the team and potential MVP, he just playing like trash and I'm calling him out on it and the close games and b2b losses prove it.

Trust me bro you will not regret drafting Joker. 

His slow starts kinda forces you to look Long and hard about your team. By the time he’s playing to his ceiling your team will be much better.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Reason I drafted him was for his ability to get you numerous cats ... First time owning him, and he's not as fun to watch compared to others I own like oubre, herro, or graham.

Lol just wait bro. He always starts off like this. He's one of my keepers and I've had him for 3 years now.

5 hours ago, Nazyef said:

Lol just wait bro. He always starts off like this. He's one of my keepers and I've had him for 3 years now.

Haha I know man I looked at his stats from last season and they continually progress ... its s---y to have a 4 game week playing against someone who has harden .. lol dude has been ****ting on me with him and someone the cat has been a 4 to 4 tie.. 

• Haha 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Nikola Jokic 2019-2020 Outlook