NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

7 hours ago, RunCMC said:

He’s their future your’e exactly right, hence the need for more playing time and development. A young healthy player would never get shutdown. Very bad take 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

He missed all of last year, they invested heavily into him there’s no way he’s getting shut down lol. He’s also become more of the focal point on offense 

Not saying he is going to get shut down. Again, they are 3 games out of the 8th spot. 

I was responding to the post that someone wishing LA and DD would get shut down. And I said Dej is more likely than both LA and DD. 

Thanks for reading though. 

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa, that was quite the Spurs comeback. And for fantasy purposes - a very promising game for Murray. To me, it felt as if Murray was the X-factor in keeping the Spurs in the game, through his in

Dawg I’m not gonna read all of this and idk if I would agree w everything you’re saying but imma upvote you bc you spent some hard work and dedication on this 

On Sept 30, this was reported: Pop says docs have placed no specific limitations on Dejounte Murray coming off last season's ACL tear, but team will be careful not to overload him early.  

Posted Images

Can't help think that refereeing is vital with some players. Noticed he had the old 'double whistle' early on, two fouls in the first 3 minutes of the game, he's hauled off then for a fair bit of the first half. Sadly he's missed all six shots, has a couple of turns now and is along with the starters all in the minuses. 

Hope he gets back on later, but so often the early two fouls seems to put a player on the wrong foot and it often takes a fair bit to get back in the game properly. I of course picked him up again just in time for this awful start but he has too much talent to be this bad surely. His reecent form has been very good. OKC with three very good guards in SGA, CP3 and Schroeder probably are a bit of a handful too.

I guess coupled with the blowout, you had just about everyone including the coaches and waterboys playing in this by games end, 13 from each side!! Just a bit of a bummer that he missed all his shots, seven dishes is something however i so needed a few steals and treys...although i know Dejounte isn't really a major trey-shooter. 

Obviously S.A are all fit and firing at this point...question is how long that lasts with oldies like Gay and LaMarcus in a season that's heading south might be another matter. 

Edited by Brimful of Upside
  • 2 weeks later...

This is ridiculous. I feel like injuries and load management are occurring more often than in the past. I've been playing fantasy for a decade and i definitely notice a difference. It must be the insane pace the league plays at.

The two teams I have in competitive leagues have been plagued with injury all season long, yet I'm either in 1st or was in 1st for a long time. If my players don't come back on time, these 2 teams will fall short of their full capability.

Oubre, Holmes, Murray, Capela, Lavine, Curry, Collins, DLo, Paul George...........wth?

Edited by ToonaFish
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, ToonaFish said:

This is ridiculous. I feel like injuries and load management are occurring more often than in the past. I've been playing fantasy for a decade and i definitely notice a difference. It must be the insane pace the league plays at.

The two teams I have in competitive leagues have been plagued with injury all season long, yet I'm either in 1st or was in 1st for a long time. If my players don't come back on time, these 2 teams will fall short of their full capability.

Oubre, Holmes, Murray, Capela, Lavine, Curry, Collins, DLo, Paul George...........wth?

It's definitely gotten worse, and this season feels like the worst in a long time. Between the load management, resting, "precautionary" approach to injuries, and injuries in general, I feel like most of us have been playing musical chairs trying to field a lineup this season.

My team has been absolutely decimated by injuries, to the point where I have gone from absolutely believing I have a shot to win it all to actually becoming numb to the fact that injuries alone have eliminated me from serious contention - despite having clinched a playoff spot with the playoffs starting next week. It's brutal. 

10 minutes ago, ToonaFish said:

Pussification of America. It has been this way for a minute. From the commissioner to the owner and even the common fan, we have enabled it to happen. Play the game because you love it and you love the fans. If not get the f**k out of here. Tax the teams and owners for tanking and sitting your best players for what? Ping pong balls? The NBA product as a whole is garbage. Luckily those that grew up in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s were spoiled. Those were the good ole days. I’m also a bitter old fart that just lost another key player after losing KAT, CC, etc but the underlying problem is softness. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

Pussification of America. It has been this way for a minute. From the commissioner to the owner and even the common fan, we have enabled it to happen. Play the game because you love it and you love the fans. If not get the f**k out of here. Tax the teams and owners for tanking and sitting your best players for what? Ping pong balls? The NBA product as a whole is garbage. Luckily those that grew up in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s were spoiled. Those were the good ole days. I’m also a bitter old fart that just lost another key player after losing KAT, CC, etc but the underlying problem is softness. 

Pussification is my new favorite misogynistic word. I gotta use that in a report or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2