NBC Sports Edge Forums

Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook

28 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Will be that sometime this season, though? I'm not sure if there are any Pop quotes lying around on the subject, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Murray will be rested on B2B's. I assumed that meant for the full season. As far as a minutes restriction, hopefully by the end of the year he's averaging closer to 30 mpg 

Yeah, I'm more talking minutes - let's get him up to 30/32 minutes, please.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whoa, that was quite the Spurs comeback. And for fantasy purposes - a very promising game for Murray. To me, it felt as if Murray was the X-factor in keeping the Spurs in the game, through his in

Dawg I’m not gonna read all of this and idk if I would agree w everything you’re saying but imma upvote you bc you spent some hard work and dedication on this 

On Sept 30, this was reported: Pop says docs have placed no specific limitations on Dejounte Murray coming off last season's ACL tear, but team will be careful not to overload him early.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

Will be that sometime this season, though? I'm not sure if there are any Pop quotes lying around on the subject, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that Murray will be rested on B2B's. I assumed that meant for the full season. As far as a minutes restriction, hopefully by the end of the year he's averaging closer to 30 mpg 

https://www.nba.com/spurs/video/teams/spurs/2019/10/27/2857325/1572147170818-gregg-popovich-postgame-102619-2857325

start at 2:09 (or watch the whole thing because Pop's hilarious): "...I hated taking him out... I'm thinking after about 10 games, he'll get up five or six minutes."

This quote came after two games when he'd averaged 24 mins. I wouldn't hold Pop to those exact numbers, but it's encouraging to see he "hated" playing Murray less and could see him approaching 30 before the end of November.

Until then, I'm not complaining about scraping by with 20-25, considering he's managing 1st round value on a per-36 basis: 23 / 13 / 9.4 / 3.1 / 1 on 54.5 / 87.5 shooting.

Those numbers translated to ~30 minutes: 19.2 / 10.8 / 7.8 / 2.6 / 0.8 - that's still Top 10-15 upside. Ben Simmons without punting FT. It's unlikely his usage remains this monstrous all season, but he's established what's possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I missed out on him this year as I went with Lonzo but he’s definitely on my radar for next year. Love his skill set. Enjoy fellas

Lonzo is sick. Just wait til they fire that clown Gentry and watch him be even better 

3 minutes ago, Buzzerbets said:

I am so high on this guy, but is he sell high guy?

Sell high? More like buy low.

His outlook will only improve as his minutes and playing time rise. Get in now before it’s too late.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Sell high? More like buy low.

His outlook will only improve as his minutes and playing time rise. Get in now before it’s too late.

I bought in keeper league and am ecstatic I got him before his huge runs.

I am very high on him and Pop will give him the keys soon, but I’m also punt FT and it helps me even more to like him.

• tonycpsu changed the title to Dejounte Murray 2019-2020 Outlook