NBC Sports Edge Forums

Rotoworld Summer Mock Draft (H2H) 2019-2020: Discussion Thread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This draft is an embarrassment and dumpster fire of a disaster. 

Autodraft on the second pick of the first round?  lol  

Round 1 1. Bettercallhinkie: Karl Anthony Towns (1.1) 2. Iowncrazyhair: Anthony Davis (1.2) 3. Simsanityy179: Stephen Curry (1.3) 4. Christian: James Harden (1.4) 5. S

My pick is in and it is Luka Doncic, on phone but will be at a PC very soon to format. So @Gile Pileyou are now on the clock.

I chose the reigning rookie of the year hoping for a even better season in year 2. If he can improve his FT .710 ish off the top of my head to .765 ish he shot in real madrid then jackpot!!!

Luka had 3 positions at yahoo last year so that is another reason as it allows me to be flexible with not only the rest of my draft but if it were a real league easier to stream or add free agents when you have players eligible at multiple positions.

I also can do my version of a death lineup with Jrue at SG, Luka at SF and PG13 at PF or to compensate for my lack of rebounds and blocks I could trot out a backcourt of Jrue at PG, PG13 at SG and Luka at G.

Edited by turner46
Mistakes
37 minutes ago, slmroz said:

Planned some perimeter  players since 3rd round but Ayton was too hard to pass. I see no reason for him to produce worse than he was in his rookie season.

Looks as if we’re the opposite sides of the coin.  I would have picked Ayton but I ran it through BBM.  Even if I picked Ayton and another big FG producer next round it wouldn’t be good enough to make up my FG so I have no choice but to punt FG.  Once you’re punting FG Ayton drops outside the top 50.  Mitchell was 17th in totals assuming punt FG/To so I’m continuing in that direction. 

• Like 1

Just could  not believe that Pascal, who will be  top 25 player next season, was available.  Easiest decision ever. 

Now if he can only improve his FG%   to 60%....

I am not saying he will (except in bold predictions thread, so this cannot be used against me - see Siakam's thread).

PS

Don't be surprised if Stifle "disappears"  from this forum next year   😀

• Haha 1

went with tobias at 35. might not have finished the season strong as he only ranked top 75 in the last 20 plus games but still finished last season top 35. but with the departure of a couple starters, i think he can go replicate his clippers version from last season. also, he has been durable playing 82, 80, 82 and 76 the last 4 seasons. a big factor with my pick here since i already have kawhi.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Just could  not believe that Pascal, who will be  top 25 player next season, was available.  Easiest decision ever. 

Now if he can only improve his FG%   to 60%....

I am not saying he will (except in bold predictions thread, so this cannot be used against me - see Siakam's thread).

PS

Don't be surprised if Stifle "disappears"  from this forum next year   😀

I would've taken him, as he's my guy too 😂, but since this is h2h i wanted to take a chance on the Zinger. 

I'm having a tough time ranking Myles Turner, Siakam and Collins. They were picked within a round of each other. Obviously Turner takes blocks and looks to lose points, but the other categories are very close. 

I feel like Siakam's price tag of "top-25" is a bit rich for my taste, even as a homer. I hope people will sleep on Collins a bit, with more "popular" players' names being thrown around in the media and socials, so Collins can provide a bit more value for his ADP.

What do you guys think?

30 minutes ago, tongs said:

I feel like Siakam's price tag of "top-25" is a bit rich for my taste, even as a homer

Sitfle did the math, without Kawhi he was 26th in per game rankings.  With improvements, he should  make it to the top 25

4 minutes ago, taenggg said:

Going for the all injured first team build 🤔

u should be ok with beal butler and conley. im high on conley actually, he was pretty good in first half of last season, i still remember that 7 threes game he had, with good percentages. 

Couldnt pass up covington at 38. He finished at 16 last season albeit on only 35 games due to injury. Id still wouldnt look at him as an injury prone type, as he played 80 the season b4 and a respectable 67, 67 and 70 games before that. Ranking at 16 last season shows his upside at this spot, as he finished at 36, 37 two seasons b4. Was looking for BIG here, but with players getting picked i pivoted to cov as he contributes across the board specially with the out of position blks.

2 hours ago, tongs said:

I'm hesitant to take players near their ceiling, but I guess in that 20-35 range they have similar upside

Siakam finished 41st last  year,  and with all  the injuries (KD, Klay, Nurkic)  I think that his floor is in 30-40 range.  I like good, young players playing for their first big contract

Decided to switch gears and gambool a little with MitchRob despite arguing against taking him too early in his thread.  Here, I think it represents a solid investment at pick 43.  It's close to where he finished last year in per game (47th) and leaves good room for upside.  I also like that I'm very guard heavy but if he pans out I can beat some teams in blocks who are much more big heavy.  

EDIT: That was a quick pick @young_styler I had considered Zion but I decided to take someone who can singlehandedly sway blocks for me.

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1